my wrx vs. my exhaust + cop(illinois) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on my wrx vs. my exhaust + cop(illinois) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ellinopedo182 im contemplating over the evo or r32. BOTH WILL NOT BE MODIFIED... exept chip if applicable ...

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    im contemplating over the evo or r32. BOTH WILL NOT BE MODIFIED... exept chip if applicable hehe!
    why not sti? the sti will be the best daily driver and fastest. you really want vw or mitsu reliability?...err, rather lack of?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    why not sti? the sti will be the best daily driver and fastest. you really want vw or mitsu reliability?...err, rather lack of?
    id take an evo over an sti...

Originally posted by MJU1983
    id take an evo over an sti...
    Why?

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I guess it all depends on the cop. I got pulled over way back when driving my turbo 280zx shooting flames out the 3" exhaust. The cop thought it was the coolest thing and just wanted to tell me that. Other times I wasn't so fortunate, when I was 18 i was at the local 7-11 when the cop pulled in and announced that I had better scrape all the tint off my windows before leaving the parking lot or I will get a ticket. He sat for an hour while I scraped and pulled the tint off my windows. It all depends on the cop

(ive never tinted a window since )

Originally posted by Chunks
    yeah alabama... thats the only good thing about living here... luckily i will be outta here soon.
    I just moved back to Alabama...you might not like it here but I must say it's infinitely better than South Carolina.

No inspections are good and you're allowed to swap out exhaust pieces as much as you want, so long as you have a functioning muffler of some kind.

RN

Yeah, but some 'mufflers' just create more noise hehe. South Carolina does suck, A lof of my family lives there, Charleston is nice though. Greenville sucks.

Originally posted by Shard
    Why?
    stock for stock... evo handles a lot better.... and i feel there is more potential in the 4g63 2.0 USDM evo ... over the drive-by-wire 2.5 USDM sti... however, version 8 JDM spec 2.0 with twin scroll and 8000 redline.. id take that over the evo im loyal to subaru, just not the evo vs. sti debate.. lol

to each his own i say, and my own goes with experience, facts and opinions.

but my car up front owns both of those cars heh

the reason why i wanna get the evo over sti is because if i buy the evo i wont have to get any altezza's... they are included with the car. anyhow, in all truthness, i think i can get a better deal on the evo then the sti, and for this reason id rather get the evo. if i could get both cars for the same money, id take the sti anyday.

anyhow, im in greece right now without a wrx, evo, or sti.

i saw an impreza s-turbo today with eurospec wing(small, looks like a bmw wing). car looked cool, but no hood scoop. cant wait till i see the evo's and sti's. not too many out here, but they do pop around here and there.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Your reasons and decisions are fine and all, but i don't see how you see more potential in a 2 liter pushing 19psi of boost than a 2.5 liter w/ forged internals pushing 14 or so (Psi isn't all thats important, i know). If anything i would see tons more mod potential in the STi. I mean, with the gains a simple downpipe has shown, and the simple sucess of boost control on the WRX, how could you think the evo has more potential?

I know the evo handles better, and don't get me wrong i love the car, hell i might try and get one, but i don't know about that potential argument.

the 2.0 is already tweaked enough, seems another .5 in displacement would help with modding rather than make it inferior to the evo's 2

if you knew the US engine... you would not want it.. its that simple. an extra 1/2 liter on a motor that isnt designed to be a 2.5 turbo.

Also, the design isnt improved... It still has TGVs, no one piece intake manifold like the japanese counterparts, its also drive by wire, =

I know people who have tested the motor and they term it as 'junk,' so i know i wouldnt spend $31,000 on a car that i cant modify safely past what it already is.

A 2.0 that spins to 8500 rpm with a short stroke and lighter rotating mass has a much higher power potential then a 2.5 ltr motor with long stroke and heavy rotating mass that is limited to 7k rpms.
    its that simple.

-mike

This has always been a topic that baffles me. Can anyone tell my why its legal for a Harley to drive around town with the loudest exhaust known to man and a car with a loud exhaust (however quieter than the Harley) gets pulled over every 50 feet?
    How can the bikes get around the law like that?
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

Originally posted by Slayer
    This has always been a topic that baffles me. Can anyone tell my why its legal for a Harley to drive around town with the loudest exhaust known to man and a car with a loud exhaust (however quieter than the Harley) gets pulled over every 50 feet?
    How can the bikes get around the law like that?
    Check state law...it defines what constitutes a vehicle and then in the laws on exhausts and mufflers, it'll specify what vehicles it applies to. Also most laws on exhaust will only say a car must have a properly functioning muffler, so as to prevent excessive noise or smoke. Although I'm sure "excessive" is defined somewhere, I have yet to find a dB rate as too loud, so it's more opinion as I've seen it.

RN

I don't know that i would term the motor junk.

I wasn't aware that it still had TGV housings.

But I really don't understand why people would rather have a much higher redline. Those rpms take time.

I'd rather have the STi. That extra .5 liter would be nice, DCCD, Differentials, and frankly I like a boxer engine more than a tranversely mounted inline 4 on the edge of it's life.

Originally posted by Shard
    I don't know that i would term the motor junk.

I wasn't aware that it still had TGV housings.

But I really don't understand why people would rather have a much higher redline. Those rpms take time.

I'd rather have the STi. That extra .5 liter would be nice, DCCD, Differentials, and frankly I like a boxer engine more than a tranversely mounted inline 4 on the edge of it's life.
    read above about why have a higher red line.... ra spec C motors LOVE 8500 rpms. I dont know why you like the STi so much without even knowing all about it or comparing it to the evo yourself. I wouldnt trust what anyone on the internet has to say, so i can see how you wont trust me. teh DCCD are nice, but id say 80% of the people who buy the car wont know what they are doing. And i disagree with the statement on the 4g63 being on the edge of its life... u can change out the head studs on those and they can handle 400 HP all day long... hell even the ra spec c can handle 400+ HP, but i know the USDM sti motor cant.

nuff said about this...

-mike
    mike@roadfly.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12