SRT-4 = PT Turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 = PT Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok i was just wondering since there just happens to be two turbo 2.4L in the dodge/chrysler dealers know being ...

SRT-4 = PT Turbo

ok i was just wondering since there just happens to be two turbo 2.4L in the dodge/chrysler dealers know being the turbo PT and the SRT-4 they both use the same engine i believe so does that mean its the same underrated powerplant in both cause i mean noone made a big deal about the trubo PT i mean not that i would either cause its just plain uglybut if they were the same then how come noone is talking about them theyd still be one ugly fast car am i right are they the same engines

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dono bout the same engine, Im guessing it is. The PT turbo is not fast at all though, at all.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

Ever hear of periods?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjDaMan
    Ever hear of periods?
    I hate them, they give my girl and excuse to be a buta and I dont get laid for a week.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

Haha I hate it when that happens.

Well, if the Neon is significantly lighter--which it is--then the same engine output would make it a much faster car than the PT.

Remember physics? F=M*A

Watch out for the SRT-4, very fast car.
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

The PT cruiser weighs 151 lbs. more than the SRT-4.

They do have the same engine, however the SRT-4 has a different intake manifold, and gearing.

I Support ClubWRX
    And ECU!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

To add to the list of differences:

-PT has a much smaller IC and it is side mount
    -PT has a muffler
    -PT has a Getrag tranny

GT Cruisers only get about 185whp and 210wt stock.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by WishIHadWRX
    I hate them, they give my girl and excuse to be a buta and I dont get laid for a week.
    ROFL

I Support ClubWRX
    The PT Turbo is a Neon with bad aerodynamics. (as if the Neon wasn't bad enough)

The PT Turbo is NOWHERE near as fast as an SRT-4. I raced a PT Turbo and it's a joke. 8 seconds to 60!
    2010 SSM STI

One actually tried to race me on the highway!

We were both merging onto the freeway and I was behind him. He gunned it ( I saw and smelled the downshift puff from the exhaust) I went all the way through 2nd and almost to the end of 3rd. I passed him like he was standing still and by the end he was WAY behind.

It coulda been an automatic but oh well...I still expected more from it.

Nobody can say anything about the AWD advatage this time since it was from a roll. I'm tired of hearing that "well you have AWD" crap. I've whooped on alot of respectable cars from a roll, including staying neck and neck with a S2000 from a roll.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

Originally posted by Samirr76
    I'm tired of hearing that "well you have AWD" crap. I've whooped on alot of respectable cars from a roll, including staying neck and neck with a S2000 from a roll.
    And I hear the excuse more often that a FWD or RWD has the advantage when it is from a roll. You will hear excuses of all kinds from everywhere. A race is a race, no matter what the circumstances. If you decide to race where you are at the disadvantage, then you just aren't the smartest person. Those people have no right to make excuses, but they always will. Its just human nature and a fact of life.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    And I hear the excuse more often that a FWD or RWD has the advantage when it is from a roll. You will hear excuses of all kinds from everywhere. A race is a race, no matter what the circumstances. If you decide to race where you are at the disadvantage, then you just aren't the smartest person. Those people have no right to make excuses, but they always will. Its just human nature and a fact of life.
    Yeap, It's run what ya brung!!

WilliamG, out of curiosity, what is the coefficient of drag on the WRX sedan?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

That's a good question. What is it on the Neon?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.