EVO run in

This is a discussion on EVO run in within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was chasing Lightning last night when a blue EVO catches up to me then slows down. The passenger rolls the ...

EVO run in

Was chasing Lightning last night when a blue EVO catches up to me then slows down. The passenger rolls the window down and complimented my car, guess these kids were not like most of the ricer pricks in my town (Wichita Falls TX). I have to say the car looks a lot better in person, I hated how it looked in all the mags. Anyway we stayed along side each other he would gun it every now and again but nothing I couldnt handle. I dont think he ever realy tried to race partly to the fact that he still didnt have plates. The strange thing is that the car sounded like crap! The exhaust note was "thin" and the BOV sounded like my friends BOV on his diesel, a fart. Is this normal for the EVO?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IN-line fours are strong and efficient, but let's face it....

the boxer flat four is SWEET

I look forward to meeting up w/ some Evos though...
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

the blue evo is gorgeous, and if i do get the evo after all, i will most likely get it in blue. if i get the sti, i want it in black with gold rims... yummm...! i like the blue sti, but too many people will have it.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Cool EVO

well i just saw the my first EVO on the street.. looks like it did in the show room.. nice.. well any ways i pull up look over.. a young kid..at least compared to me, he looks back a rev's.. i am like its on... little traffic.. but clear up ahead.. what does he do, nice and slow and then rev's again and pulls into a parking lot.. i am like you chicken __it..... wait till i see this guy next time... i figure with my mods it's a drivers race or i should take him...either way were going to find out, unless he pulls off again
    it's stock really....

hah... i hope you get him next time. I saw an evo in a dealership a few weeks ago but have yet to see one on the streets... im dying to hear one

When I lived in SC, I saw quite a few. A burgundy one (I guess you call it that) going the opposite way once with a kid driving it...then a silver one that lived in town but drove like a PANSY all the time (long after any break-in period too) and then a blue one I saw at the drag strip, slightly modified...of course, he's someone I knew for a while and had had a supercharged Civic, but upgraded.

RN

Originally posted by QuickSilver
    IN-line fours are strong and efficient, but let's face it....

the boxer flat four is SWEET

I look forward to meeting up w/ some Evos though...

Come on over, I'll give ya a ride!
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

I saw my first Evo on a trip this past weekend to Chicago. Going south on I-94, he (or she) was on the opposite side going north. It was all I could manage to restrain myself from bolting across the grassy median and catching up to him for a race.

The are very sharp cars. Not as nice looking as the STi IMHO, but nevertheless SHARP.

Cool EVO race.......

not sure if i could take him or not... most cars i get to play with are not much of a match.. been awhile since a good one.. it just hits a nerve EVO or not that they will try to get you to race then back off as soon as the traffic clears and you start to get on it.. for me it's either put up or shut up... that's why i don't start races.. but if the conditions are right, it's on baby....
    it's stock really....