Neon SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neon SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How well do you think the new Neon will perform against the WRX? No AWD, but a very good advertised ...

Neon SRT-4

How well do you think the new Neon will perform against the WRX? No AWD, but a very good advertised 0 - 60 of 5.9 and 1/4 in the 13's? I wonder how well its internals will take to more boost?
    -Rob W

02 WRX Sedan 5spd Midnight Black
    --- Mods: Godspeed Uppipe, Blitz SBC-id

01 LS1 Firebird Formula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Neon in the 13's???? That will be the day.

A Neon is a neon, turbo'ed or not... he will bow down to you.

-John

Geez man, how old are you? I'm not intentionally slamming you or anything, but that's a pretty lame comment. The WRX/neon/civic/celica/etc/etc are all cheap econo cars.....and I'd put easy money down that the turbo'ed neon will bust a stock wrx's trap speeds by 3-5mph. Run him from a roll and see who bows down to who. I realize this is a suby board, and that any board is going to be one-sided, but lets try and stay just a little open minded....shall we?

VV

And no, I'm not saying the neon has more 1/4 mile potential than a WRX, but the bow down comments is conceited and rediculous. I don't believe you can drive anything that gives you the right to be conceited....much less a wrx

End of my rant. hehe

Originally posted by black99gt

A Neon is a neon, turbo'ed or not... he will bow down to you.

-John

there are already many neons in the 13s.... soooooooo

what are you talking about?

dR

Bah i dunno. Today is already ROUGH.

Im here by myself now in the office.. no other systems people here. And weve already had lots of phone problems, email problems, and user complaining.. And on top of that.. i know nothing about the phone system or the HP program they run here!!! YEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Im shaking like a scared little 18yr i am for the moment.. It will take me a while to get adjusted to running a whole office by myself.

maybe you should get that neon black99gt. If those are the advertised times then will probably be faster than that. On a roll that neon will smoke us. It will probably reel us in from a stop too. They can boost and we can too. They will probably run lower boost than us too. They do have a 2.4 liter I believe. They will be faster than us :-(

It all depends. If they build it like the old TurboIII motors (the ones you see in the 10 & 11 sec Kcars and minivans), then they will be capable of big power. If they just warmed over the 2.4 then they are no big deal. Hopefully they built it right. The faster any competitor goes, the faster the rest of the competition will go...(generally speaking, of course)

VV

Originally posted by BamBooI
    maybe you should get that neon black99gt. If those are the advertised times then will probably be faster than that. On a roll that neon will smoke us. It will probably reel us in from a stop too. They can boost and we can too. They will probably run lower boost than us too. They do have a 2.4 liter I believe. They will be faster than us :-(

here is a site i just found on the Neon SRT-4. gotta say i'm damn impressed with the car, considering that it is a Neon. Anyways, lots of info on it at this site, so read up on some new competition we will most likely be seeing over the summer...Info on the Neon SRT-4
    and a question... does the fact that this car has a 2.4L engine make it easier to get more power out of versus the 2.0L WRX engine?? (The Neon has 205hp stock).

The Neon is also lighter than the WRX by 480 lbs.

dude blackgt...
    you don't listen do you?
    the wrx isn't the end all be all car!

i can't wait until i see you post up on here saying that you got lit up by a neon.

ryan

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    It's FWD.

(That's all that needs to be said)
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

dw
    I don't see any problem with the SRT-4 being faster than a WRX with even a little work. It has a ton more torque down low due to the 2.4L motor. I think it's something like 220lb/ft starting at 2200rpm. On an autox course if it's setup like the ACRs are it will kill the WRX. Of course it's not going to be in the same class, and can't run in STX. Supposedly they are already working on mopar upgrade kits for the car as well to increase its horsepower. It really doesn't look all that bad either, Dodge had one at the sno*drift prorally. It's not awd and not as well rounded as the WRX in my eyes, but it's also going to cost about $4k less.

Yup, it's FWD....what about it? I don't know anything about the 2nd gen cars, but a first gen FWD acr will eat you for dinner on an autocross course...at least that's what I've seen. So if it isn't AWD, it isn't worth mentioning? What was Porche thinking when they made a hotter version of their AWD 911TT in RWD only!? Subaru salesmen must be installing blinders on every customer

VV

Originally posted by WizardBlackWRX
    It's FWD.

(That's all that needs to be said)

exactly...FWD...so what??

OK the WRX will take the lead in a stop light race.

take it from a roll -- my friend

don't know about you, but a lot of races start from a roll.

ryan

vettevert,

Seen a Neon beat a WRX is not as funny a seeing the same Neon beating a Vette in a auto cross. By the way, Mitsubishi built the turbo III motors. The current Neon engine is not as strong as the Turbo III.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.