Neon SRT-4 - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Neon SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ford got a Mach 1 with only DOT drag tires to do 12.97@105MPH http://www.stangnet.com/mach1/mach1run.html 300HP 4 cammer cobra motor, with ...

Ford got a Mach 1 with only DOT drag tires to do 12.97@105MPH

http://www.stangnet.com/mach1/mach1run.html

300HP 4 cammer cobra motor, with a 5-speed. W/an option to get the Auto in Mach 1 form.

its a 26,000 to $28,000 purchase too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know guys with basically stock AUTOmatic LS1's that pull 12.8s and 12.9s on STREET tires trapping at 108-109...

By basically stock, I mean minor exhaust and intake work...

def

BTW- this wasn't GM who achieved this.... just some 20 year olds at the local track... definitely not professional drivers!... ahem....
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Some other up coming cars worth mentioning here.

Dodge SRT 500hp/500lbs V10 truck

350z/G35 coupe. 270-280hp...I have a feeling there will be a GT-R version (aka skyline) in 2004.

The Audi RS6 V8 twin-turbo 450hp/413lbs torque and...AWD. Would guess a mid-$40k car.

http://www.motortrend.com/autoshows/geneva02/index.html

http://www.s-cars.org/rs6/overview/overview.html
    The Audi is the one I am waiting for.

And then the new VW Phaeton 6.0 liter W-12 with 420hp/ (torque# God only knows). The W-12 is like two VR6 engines in a V design. Oh, and it is AWD too. Very slick looking sedan...check out link below. Probably, in the $50-60k range.

http://www.motortrend.com/autoshows/geneva02/index.html

Enjoy

Ppower

Slowly put down the crack pipe and back away. Lets not hurt ourselves now

You can hardly buy a standard S4 for mid 40's man...that thing will be 70k+

VV

Originally posted by Ppower
    The Audi RS6 V8 twin-turbo 450hp/413lbs torque and...AWD. Would guess a mid-$40k car.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Slowly put down the crack pipe and back away. Lets not hurt ourselves now

You can hardly buy a standard S4 for mid 40's man...that thing will be 70k+

VV

Ah...Yeah...That would be about a $20k typo...LOL...meant to type a 6 not a 4 . The 70k+ is probably more like it though. I think RS4s sell for like 50k.

Pp

Hey, we can wish!

VV

Originally posted by Ppower

Ah...Yeah...That would be about a $20k typo...LOL...meant to type a 6 not a 4 . The 70k+ is probably more like it though. I think RS4s sell for like 50k.

Pp

So ok....im a former Neon owner but i will not come here and troll cause i respect WRX not only for their strong abilities and potential but for the unforgetable test ride i took at Mastro Subaru last year. i had an 01 ACR and they are just as worthy as the 1 gen ACRs despite being porkier for safety/comfort reasons. I do also own an 86 Omni GLHS which i hope to add a T3/T4 hybrid here shortly. The lastest word word on the SRT-4 is that it will be propelled by the same output as the GT Cruiser 215hp and 245ft.lb torque. The 2.4L, although the pistons and rods aren't forged, they're really high quality and they're coated. Their shouldn't be an issue with breaking ring lands or anything like that till you get past the stock internals limitations of 350whp. The diffrence between the two cars is the GT will come with an Autostick option while the manual transmission is made by Getrag. The SRT-4 model NT850 transmission will be built by New Venture Gear being capable of withstanding over 250 ft.lb torque input and features equal length drive shafts. The interior features Viper style seating with aluminum pedals , 3 spoke steering wheel and a stock dash mounted boost guage. Currently Team Phatridz onwers of the FM neon that runs 9s with 2.4L Turbo/NOS and sponsor Scott Mohler's 2.4L N/A Neon are assembling a Mopar backed SRT4 Drag car. This drag car features a T-76 Turbo, custom built stainless turbo manifold, custom intake manifold, built internals and its rated to make 850whp. This car will still be FWD and it will compete in the NHRA as soon as it is completed. I look foward to someday riding in one but since only 5000 will be made i think i'll just have to settle for seeing/riding in one. As far as WRXs go i raced one in my Neon straightline and knew what the result was going to be but what made it a better race was the fact there was a Civic hatch between the two of us at the light. When the light went green the WRX was gone i was far behind in second but suddenly i heard VTEC engage and a turbo spool up and it took the hatch just a bit but it flew past the WRX like it wasnt moving. It turns out the hatch has a GSR swap, GReddy turbo kit, VTEC controller and no exhaust on a 96 style white car with CF hood, JDM Civic Type R body kit and CF altezzas. I loved that sight and i know that had we gone through some curves maybe my ACR would have fared better, none the less i continue to respect WRX's and maybe someday i'll own one, SRT-4 and a Cooper S....that will be fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pvopic.jpg  
    1986 Shelby Omni GLHS

www.ShelbyGLHS.com

This is the answer to Ford's SVT line of vehicles. The SVT counterpart is the Focus, but is it ever anemic. The SVT Focus barely stands up against the stock, commuter offerings from Nissan, Toyota and Honda.

This being said, I hope that Dodge/Chrysler's foray into the semi-exotic upgrade world prompts SVT to get off of their duff, and provokes Subaru to dump the STI into the dealships. Subaru should have experemented with the STI here already as the market is here - they outsold the WRX far above expectation and the STI is a legend.

Fear not the Dodge.

I read most of page one, this page, and I'm impressed that you guys aren't slamming the neon like every other board that's had a thread about the SR-T has. You all actually have common sense, and aren't retarded like most other boards online. I can't wait till it comes out, and see what kind of times it will actually run. 5.9 0-60 with FWD seems a bit low to me, but if it can get the power to the ground then I'm all for it. Few more months and we all shall see, and the dumbfaqs at clubrsx will be watching neon tail lights get smaller and smaller. Thanks for not being dip****s gusy.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

As a Neon owner I also have to say I am impressed with the maturity level of the posters here at ClubWRX.

Here I am wanting a WRX, and there are people here who admit that at 20,000 the SRT is a helluva performance deal.

I probably won't ever own a SRT, simply because they are FWD, and I don't want another "project" car that has to run slicks to see 13 second timeslips.

Just nice to see car enthusiasts with an open mind, THANKS!

Originally posted by Kyle
    As a Neon owner I also have to say I am impressed with the maturity level of the posters here at ClubWRX.

Here I am wanting a WRX, and there are people here who admit that at 20,000 the SRT is a helluva performance deal.

I probably won't ever own a SRT, simply because they are FWD, and I don't want another "project" car that has to run slicks to see 13 second timeslips.

Just nice to see car enthusiasts with an open mind, THANKS!
    Cool,you won't see cooler heads on I-club.If I talk smack about a ride,it's because I've owned it and or drove one for a while and know about it...but at the same time have some fun with it.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

I can't wait for the Neon to start crushing RSXs! Haha, it is one thing to be absolutely humiliated by a WRX that costs a tiny bit more, but to be murdered by a car that costs thousands less? Oh the humanity!! If the RSX had a single thing going for it over the Neon that would justify the extra $4K, then I could understand...
    <crickets chirping>
    <crickets chirping>
    <crickets chirping>
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

ShlbOmni308
    thanks for an informative post.

BTW, good luck with the Omni. I sometime miss my CS with the 16V

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VetteVert
    Geez man, how old are you? I'm not intentionally slamming you or anything, but that's a pretty lame comment. The WRX/neon/civic/celica/etc/etc are all cheap econo cars.....
    Just to add, the new age Impreza isn't on the same level (at all) with the neon/civic. The neon/civic/focus are in the 12-17K group, while the celica/integra/rsx/inpreza are in the 19-24K group (although the wrx is in the $25-32K range). Also the WRX isn't an economy car. It gets bad gas miliage and has WAY better build than the neon/civic. (I've had my own share of them).

I know you have a rex and a vette, just saying it's not in the same class of cars. It's direct equivalents, IMO, are the mustang GT, Firebird Formula, etc (price/performance). Perhaps RSX-S.

About the neon,.... Well the numbers look good, it should be fast as hell, but IMO, it's still a neon. What I mean by that is, it may be great but I don't see it being any greater a car.

I would have been happy with a rwd heavier chassis, like a modified Cirrus or something the size of a prelude. Either way, it'll be quick.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Wow...that post was resurrected

I'll agree on the bad gas mileage, but I'm not sure about the build quality. Not on my car at least. Maybe it is just quality of materials and not build quality.

VV

Originally posted by TypeC

Just to add, the new age Impreza isn't on the same level (at all) with the neon/civic. The neon/civic/focus are in the 12-17K group, while the celica/integra/rsx/inpreza are in the 19-24K group (although the wrx is in the $25-32K range). Also the WRX isn't an economy car. It gets bad gas miliage and has WAY better build than the neon/civic. (I've had my own share of them).

I know you have a rex and a vette, just saying it's not in the same class of cars. It's direct equivalents, IMO, are the mustang GT, Firebird Formula, etc (price/performance). Perhaps RSX-S.

About the neon,.... Well the numbers look good, it should be fast as hell, but IMO, it's still a neon. What I mean by that is, it may be great but I don't see it being any greater a car.

I would have been happy with a rwd heavier chassis, like a modified Cirrus or something the size of a prelude. Either way, it'll be quick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.