Neon SRT-4 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neon SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hmmm light? I think that is a blanket statment i.e. what is light? 1800lbs certianly is but 2970 compared to ...

hmmm light? I think that is a blanket statment i.e. what is light? 1800lbs certianly is but 2970 compared to 3085, neither one are going to be the next "Jared" in the subway add. 23,495 base wrx and the neon 19,995 leaves you with 3496 left over to play with. I really think that 2k3 is going to be a great year as a consumer.

I personally have 3 options, turbo my 95 hybrid ls hb, buy a SRT, or a WRX. Just from the small amount of data I have gathered I think the srt will run 14.4-14.7 in the 1/4. remember the big advantage of the wrx is the simple power of AWD, in the neon that is not the case and the neon is putting down very similar times with less traction, does that mean "if" the wrx was front wheel drive the neon would be faster? Who knows and Who cares?

just thought I would add my voice to the many already on this topic.

Please dont be ignorant there are tons of cars moded or not that would kick the crap out of a WRX, your car isn't the ultimate machine and neither is mine

Doesn't matter, we are wrxer by choice. Many more faster cars will But then we can always wait for the rain/snow
    WTF? I am from tx we dont get much snow so clear this up for me, do you guys go to the track in the snow? or mabe auto-X in the snow? maybe streetrace in the snow? dam that sounds kind of dangerous.
    Registered Members: 1944
    Welcome to our newest member, GTRsi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, this thread came back from the dead....

Originally posted by WRXrumble
    2003 gonna be a fun year, let see what we are against, so far:

Nissan 350 Z
    Nissan SE-R V spec
    Mitsu Lancer EVO VII rumor
    Subie Impreza STI rumor
    Dodge Neon SRT-4 rumor
    Mini Copper S supercharged
    G35 Coupe

Fast car haven
    Don't forget the Mustang Mach 1, the supecharged Cobra, and something GM may be bringing to the table called "Monaro", a car built on the Australian Holden Commodore platform with RWD and the LS1 under the hood.

Then there's the Mercury Marauder, a big battlecruiser that's really a Grand Marquis with a 300hp 4.6L DOHC V8 under the hood. Probably not a real threat in stock form, but those DOHC 4.6L Fords respond well to mods.

just a reminder, or should I say, wake up call.... just about every moderately to highly modded turbo DSM that was FWD, either wishes they had went with AWD or actually made the switched to AWD... I have friends who have done it or are in the process of doing it.....

Hi-horsepower + FWD = unhappy camper (unless you feel like running around on slicks ALL the time... then you still may break something)

Hi-horsepower + AWD = happy camper (if you dont break anything)

Just my 2 cents to this dead thread....

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

I heve a 97 Cobra as weel as MY WRX and ford sent me aN article from Mustang Magazine. The 2003 Cobra ran a 12.6 111MPH. the car cost under 35k. With a 60 dollar mod ( diffrent pulley), the car will dip into the high11's low 12's. BIG TIME EXCIMENT FOR 03. RUMMORS OF A 450 HP Z06 AND 385 lS1 VETTE.

Originally posted by lyonsd

Don't forget the Mustang Mach 1, the supecharged Cobra, and something GM may be bringing to the table called "Monaro", a car built on the Australian Holden Commodore platform with RWD and the LS1 under the hood.

Then there's the Mercury Marauder, a big battlecruiser that's really a Grand Marquis with a 300hp 4.6L DOHC V8 under the hood. Probably not a real threat in stock form, but those DOHC 4.6L Fords respond well to mods.
    thats great but those cars are dam $$$, Marauder is pretty sweet but at 30k, 03 cobra u will be lucky to get for the 35k msrp. I thought gm was bringing that convertible truck to the market as a replacement for the camero?

WTF is the mach 1.

just a reminder, or should I say, wake up call.... just about every moderately to highly modded turbo DSM that was FWD, either wishes they had went with AWD or actually made the switched to AWD... I have friends who have done it or are in the process of doing it.....

Hi-horsepower + FWD = unhappy camper (unless you feel like running around on slicks ALL the time... then you still may break something)

Hi-horsepower + AWD = happy camper (if you dont break anything)
    I agreee AWD is great, and yes my last car was a 91 GSX. I just got tired of reading all the talon digest stuff about how crappy thier engine/tranny/rear diff was. I left mine stock rarely raced it and i made it through school. DSM's are great and you are lucky if you dont replace 1/2 the crap under the hood just from a little spirited driving!!

I guess that is my big issue with the WRX. I am so scared that it will end up like the DSM's of yesteryear. replacing trannies and rear diff's get old and expensive. So I am watching this board and all the issue's that you guys may have. My current car being a 95 civic w/ the ls swap, it isnt as fast as I would like(15.2, bone stock), yet, but I really get after it street or racing 1/4's at the track for almost a year now.
    Registered Members: 1944
    Welcome to our newest member, GTRsi

Originally posted by GTRsi
    WTF is the mach 1.
    My next car, I hope.

The Mach 1 is a cross between the GT and Cobra. It's a GT with the Cobra engine. 4.6L DOHC, solid rear axle. It'll be a killer quarter-mile car.

I think it's coming out in 2003. And it's not SVT, so it'll be available at any Ford dealer.

You should be able to find info on it on the web.

GM may be bringing to the table called "Monaro", a car built on the Australian Holden Commodore platform with RWD and the LS1 under the hood.
    This is the New GTO, and it is already a definate. You can find pictures of it on the web.

I thought mach 1 was one of those prototype Ford was trying out last year.
    For 35 grand, you can not beat 390hp supercharged mustang Cobra. I think you can get into mid to low 12's just by switching out the pulley

Originally posted by GTRsi

WTF is the mach 1.
    http://www.mustangworks.com/articles...res/2003Mach1/

Hmmmm....the "shaker hood scoop" is the defining characteristic of the Mach 1. I wonder if somebody will come out with a turbo or supercharger kit that will make use of the shaker. If not, then I guess I can always resort to nitrous.

Don't forget the plymouth barracuda with the hemi and shaker scope.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by WRXrumble
    Don't forget the plymouth barracuda with the hemi and shaker scope.
    Not being ignorant or anything....but the Barracude never had a shaker scoop, the next generation cuda did. Barracude is the first body style, cude is the one after. Hemi cuda is most likely what you where thinking about. Not slamming or anything, just listing the facts.

So when is someone going to design a shaker scoop for the WRX?

No kidding...nothing's cooler than watching a shaker wobble from a cammed HEMI

Saw my dream car at the Mopar Nats a couple years ago:
    '71 Hemi Cuda Convertible 4spd (IIRC, 1 of 4)

VV

Originally posted by Z28Dan

Not being ignorant or anything....but the Barracude never had a shaker scoop, the next generation cuda did. Barracude is the first body style, cude is the one after. Hemi cuda is most likely what you where thinking about. Not slamming or anything, just listing the facts.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    No kidding...nothing's cooler than watching a shaker wobble from a cammed HEMI

Saw my dream car at the Mopar Nats a couple years ago:
    '71 Hemi Cuda Convertible 4spd (IIRC, 1 of 4)

VV

My friend has an older trans am with a pontiac 400 and the shaker scoop. I love that thing when he floors it and the scoop slams to the side. I pop a boner everytime

Originally posted by Z28Dan

Yeah that was one of my dream car, my old neighbour had a cuda ( not hemi ) but he got a 440 6 pack triple purple valve strings in there, man it was scary fast but doesn't stop or turn that good. I like them cuda better then the early SS camero except the SS with the hidden headlight. Well that was then, now we got newage rockets.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.