Neon SRT-4 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neon SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WRXrumble I second that. Man those Audi Bimmer MB guys gonna be pi**ed. First matched or beaten ...

Originally posted by WRXrumble

I second that. Man those Audi Bimmer MB guys gonna be pi**ed.

First matched or beaten by a mod WRXs a under 30K car.
    Now matched or beaten by a mod NEONs a under 20K car.

Life suxs for them
    Why do so many people on this board think that people care about being beat by a less expensive car. There were plenty of cars I could have bought when I bought my car. I chose the one I liked best, not just for performance, but for everything it has. I like seeing cars like this coming out. First you heard about the WRX, then the Altima, now this Neon. I don't care if I lose in a race to any one of them. The more competition, the better. It keeps ALL the auto makers on their toes and makes sure they keep bringing out new and inovative products. To the few on this board that can't seem to get price out of their head, WHY? Why does it matter to you what anyone else spends? Do you think I got ripped off? Do you think that I paid way too much because the WRX can perform as well? Why does it really matter to you how much I spent. I am a TRUE car enthusiast who just enjoys cars. When you say stuff like "Give me the extra 30 grand that you paid for your M3 and let me put it into my WRX and I will smoke you", it makes you sound very immature and definitely not like an enthusiast. I apologize to those who did not have these intentions in their posts, but there are some people out there who do think this way and are not shy about letting everyone else know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Exclamation ****

i dont want to lose to a neon i would be bringing my car to the dealership thinking something was wrong with it
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

Re: ****

If all you have is a stock 99 M3, you better go ahead and make your appointment

VV

Originally posted by 99 m3steve
    i dont want to lose to a neon i would be bringing my car to the dealership thinking something was wrong with it
    Last edited by VetteVert; 04-15-2002 at 10:20 AM.

Question

Originally posted by RSXSucks

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Penguinking
    it'll be interesting to see what the aftermarket looks like for these cars, and how they'll compete with the wrx
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They won't.

Is this guy for real?

RSXSucks, we know you like WRXs, but come on - the proof is in the pudding - the Neon SRT-4 is gonna be a competitor! Wake up and smell the coffee. No flame intended, but reality is reality.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Angry

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Doesn't matter if a car weighs less than the WRX and has more torque and hp, it will never beat the WRX. M3s, Z28s, Cobras, funny cars... all have gone down to the fury of the stock/lightly modded WRX (no BSing here!!), what makes you think that the Neon will be any different?

Hey, at least you'll be faster than the RSX and judging by how many WRX people are proud of their RSX kills on ClubRSX, that will be a huge accomplishment all by itself!
    OMG another one! Listen to yourself - "Doesn't matter if a car weighs less than the WRX and has more torque and hp". HELLO?! McFly?! If it weighs less and has more power then chances are it'll go faster, unless it has the aerodynamics of a brick! The laws of physics still apply to the WRX.

Where's a flounder when ya need one?
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Troll...nothing less, nothing more...just let him die.

VV

Originally posted by WRXless

OMG another one! Listen to yourself - "Doesn't matter if a car weighs less than the WRX and has more torque and hp". HELLO?! McFly?! If it weighs less and has more power then chances are it'll go faster, unless it has the aerodynamics of a brick! The laws of physics still apply to the WRX.

Where's a flounder when ya need one?

Let see if they ( the one with the more expensive
    cars ) don't care then they wouldn't have raced
    us ( rexers, rsxers etc).

Also my observations only, you race someone with
    let say a Celica, Integra, Si etc and you win
    sometimes you will get a postive feedback. Like your car is fast

Now if you beat a bimmer,audi, MB you will get a
    stoneface fly by most of the time

Bte plenty of audis and bimmers catch up just to
    see what the hell I am driving. If they only
    cares.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

who you callin stoneface! jk the more fast cars out there the better
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

2003 gonna be a fun year, let see what we are against, so far:

Nissan 350 Z
    Nissan SE-R V spec
    Mitsu Lancer EVO VII rumor
    Subie Impreza STI rumor
    Dodge Neon SRT-4 rumor
    Mini Copper S supercharged
    G35 Coupe

Fast car haven

My ex gf had a 1988 daytona turbo. It was an auto i drove it many times it was one of the ****tiest engines i ever drove. I think it was rated at 174hp or something but my turbo t-bird that i ran a 16.3 with at the track would destroy that daytona from a line and on the hw. I have no idea what engine that car had i think it was a 2.2 turbo or something like that but it was one of the slowest cars i have ever driven. Lucky if that car could break into the 16s.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

zero relavance

so!
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

I'm not sure on the years, but the IROC daytonas of that era ran 14s stock. Manuals of course. Faster than the Camaros & Mustangs of the day (not sure how much that is saying ), not to mention destroying TCs (heavy and underpowered, cool looking cars tho)

VV

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    My ex gf had a 1988 daytona turbo. It was an auto i drove it many times it was one of the ****tiest engines i ever drove. I think it was rated at 174hp or something but my turbo t-bird that i ran a 16.3 with at the track would destroy that daytona from a line and on the hw. I have no idea what engine that car had i think it was a 2.2 turbo or something like that but it was one of the slowest cars i have ever driven. Lucky if that car could break into the 16s.

somone posted something about the daytona thats why i posted what i did. No need to be an ass and say "so" if you don't like what i posted don't read it, it was not directed towards you and i could give a **** if you read it or not.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

The SRT-4 is NOT that light of a car:

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/200...l3050spec.html

205 hp, 220 lb ft, 2970 lbs

That's only 115 lbs lighter than a WRX sedan. I would be very impressed if the SRT-4 can get a 0-60 of 5.9. Compared to an RSX-S or Celica GT-S, it has a worse power to weight ratio, never mind the WRX, and those cars run low 6's at best (with a perfect launch). The SRT has a lot more torque and limited slip which will help on the launch, but still, it's horsepower that wins races. I'd guess the SRT will only run high 14's (gaining advantage from the launch, but it should lose to any of those cars from a roll). Although on an auto-X course, I would not be surprised to see an SRT-4 smoke a WRX (given the low end torque, stock 17" wheels, and great handling the Neon ACR is known for).

--Jason

Wouldn't suprise me if the WRX get smoked on autoX and hgwy.
    The WRX is a rally car, sitting tall with long shock travel to handle
    the rally stages. WRX at stock form is basically designed to
    compete in GROUP N rally, the Neon RT is design for the autoX.

If SCCA put the Neon SRT-4 in D stock then it will be directly
    competing with the WRX, Integra Type-R and lesser Bimmers.
    Gonna be fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.