Neon SRT-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neon SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Very true...I've seen the 2400 lb. ACRs embarass many an expensive sports car, Vette's included. And the SRT has a ...

Very true...I've seen the 2400 lb. ACRs embarass many an expensive sports car, Vette's included. And the SRT has a 2.4L engine, not currently in any neon. And I'm sure it will be different (lower compression if nothing else) than the 2.4 in the PT. Hopefully they will build it like the turboIIIs, but who knows.

VV

Originally posted by Drod
    vettevert,

Seen a Neon beat a WRX is not as funny a seeing the same Neon beating a Vette in a auto cross. By the way, Mitsubishi built the turbo III motors. The current Neon engine is not as strong as the Turbo III.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Neon will be a quick car but definitely not a 13 sec ľ mile car stock. I donít believe that the gearing is there from the factory. The only difference between the PTís curserís engine and the Neon is the compression ratio, exhausts and throttle body. The compression on the Neon has been lowered to run boost. The PT cruiser guys are running into these problems when trying to run boost. The car will be quick and scare some WRX owners, but the all wheel drive advantage and better gear ration on the WRX should keep it in front after 60mph. The WRX will have an advantage with the weight to HP ratio.
    View the attached URL for more info on the SRT http://www.neons.org/srt/

Santa Monica Boulevard (I'm a poor student)
    Hey let's try to keep it nice in here.

I really don't want to lock or delete things.
    South West Forum Moderator

Working for a 22B or maybe a Legacy STi...one day

Hey guys I am always over at the dodge dealer ship trying to get them to let me test drive their viper. I have talked to them quite a bit about the new neon and this is what I have been told.

From what they hear the new Neon SRT-4 will run the 1/4 mile in the high 14's or low 15's. They sighted gearing as being the limitting factor and not being able to put power to the ground. They also said the 0-60 times will be in the mid to high 6 second area.

This info is from chatting with the salesmen so who knows if it's true or not. Personally I think it's great and I can't wait to race one. I'm not stock anymore though so it wont be a fair comparrison. Any turbo car has great potential for moddifying. For all those worried about the WRX becoming the next in thing for all of the kids to buy I think the neon will take most of those customers.

By the way I haven't lost to very many cars from a roll. If you drive it right the AWD can help you there to.
    "Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

Why are we arguing over a car that would have aftermarket parts on it compared to a stock wrx? What we should be comparing is a modded wrx against another modded car. The true way of comparing how good juiced up cars are is how reliable are they, the ending cost of the car plus mods, and how fast it is. We all argue about the S4 vs. WRX but if you spend the same overall money on the rex you will destroy the S4. That pretty much goes against any car accept of course the all mighty supra. Let anyone of us spend say 10 grand on our rex and we will blow past a vette and a viper anywhere you can race and our overall cost will not be anywhere near a vette or viper nor will our insurance. When you street race or drag race, you are not racing against a stock car so we should stop trying to compare juiced cars to our stock. And for any of you who are not rex owners and bash us, give me the cost difference of your car to mine and watch me blow past you.

Which is why I was wondering about the internals.... how much boost could it take? I.e., could a SRT-4 throw on a MBC or even a bolt-on turbo and take the boost? Or would they need to spend $$$ to shore up the engine first?

I guess that will remain to be seen...
    -Rob W

02 WRX Sedan 5spd Midnight Black
    --- Mods: Godspeed Uppipe, Blitz SBC-id

01 LS1 Firebird Formula

Neon SRT-4

I'm still frickin impressed with that Neon. Unreal, under 20K ? 220 lbs of torque? Stock? FMIC? Stock?

I wonder how it will take to mods......

You know what's even funnier, not only will they be coming after us, they're going to take out some S4's too! he he he Boy, won't that piss them off!

As for me, I may just have to buy one of these things as a beater! Modify the crap out of it...... he he he
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

I know this is off topic from the post but I had to say it. Alot of people tell me their car will smoke from a roll. I have raced cars from a roll and I win 90% of the time. Here is an example. In sport Compact car the wrx is rated quicker or tied for first from 30 to 50 and 50 to 70 then any other car in there Eight Great Rides. Now I know wich cars can take me from a role and 95% of them cost more. Do you guys run into the same attitudes or is it just me.
    "Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

Woohoo!! another competition! Bring it on!!

What's up with round headlights and fast cars? hmm Porsche.. WRX.. and now Neons? Is this the latest trend or wut? haha

And now neons??? I agree, I just thought the now neons part was funny since they've had round headlights since what, 94?

VV

Originally posted by TristineLim
    Woohoo!! another competition! Bring it on!!

What's up with round headlights and fast cars? hmm Porsche.. WRX.. and now Neons? Is this the latest trend or wut? haha

Originally posted by VetteVert
    And now neons??? I agree, I just thought the now neons part was funny since they've had round headlights since what, 94?

VV

They weren't fast back then unless modified!

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    the neon r/t's do pretty good on the autox though. i got to drive one of 'em when i did skip barber, and, although NOT fast, they handle alright....for a dodge

Neon SRT is the next best bang for the buck. No doubt about it.

i agree.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    side note: another kickin car would be the dodge razor, that 'lil 2 door that has the same turboed engine in it, but tuned to some 10+ more hp/tq, and i think it goes faster. they said it would cost some 15k, but if it ever went into production....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.