The WRX Wins Yet Another Award!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX Wins Yet Another Award! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Consumer Reports ranked the Subaru Impreza WRX as the "Most Fun to Drive" car in 2003 for the second year ...

The WRX Wins Yet Another Award!

Consumer Reports ranked the Subaru Impreza WRX as the "Most Fun to Drive" car in 2003 for the second year in a row. Also, the STi was reviewed by Carpoint and is rated as a more civilized pocket rocket than the Evo. I'd say Sube is doing a fine job in improving their image dramatically, wouldn't you?

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Didn't really think that Subaru had an image problem, at least as I see them.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by JTREX
    Didn't really think that Subaru had an image problem, at least as I see them.
    I would say subaru wasn't famous in the US until the wrx came out and they are getting better as the sti comes out as well. Bad image w/ weak transmissions tho.

I would say subaru wasn't famous in the US until the wrx
    I know I would have never considered a Subaru untill the WRX came out. And now that they are going to put turbos in all of their cars I would consider any of them. As long as they did 0-60 in under 6 seconds.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

I Support ClubWRX
    I had never even considered a subie until I drove a wrx. I have now since converted from my volkswagon upbringing.

I've been into Subaru's since the first time I saw a 2.5rs Just liked the way it looked and thought it was nice that it was AWD. Engine was adequate for city driving. Good thing the WRX came out cuz I'm older, and BIG BOYS NEED BIG TOYS!!! GO SUBIE!!!

Depends on your climate. Subaru has been huge in places like Maine and Colorado for years. I remember 10-15 years ago going on vacation with my parents to Maine and it being totally loaded with Subarus.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I still have a hard time getting people to take my car seriously.
    It seems the 18 and under crowd are the only people that know what the WRX is.
    I pulled up to a little parking lot bike nite, a lot of bikes but a lot of muscle cars also, and still had the numbers on my windows from the nite before at the track. And some guy asks me if ther were alot of people at the track last nite. I talk to him for a minute thinking he's cool and then he asks me if I ran a 16 and laughs.
    It just goes to show there are still a lot of "car guys" that are still way behind.
    Your signature sucks

What did you say to him?
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

I told him him I ran 13.49, and he cocked his head at me. I don't think he believed me, but I didn't really care. He asked me what kind of car it was. I told him and his face really went weird. Same face my dad gave me when I told him I got a subaru.
    Your signature sucks

Originally posted by wrmax2002
    I told him him I ran 13.49, and he cocked his head at me. I don't think he believed me, but I didn't really care. He asked me what kind of car it was. I told him and his face really went weird. Same face my dad gave me when I told him I got a subaru.
    Hahahahahaha! Everyone gives me that face when I tell them what I bought.

"A Suba-what?" They exclaim.

03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Yeah I hate when people that are 25+ yo laugh at me when I say my stock car could take a V8 mustang from a light. But I guess that is part of having such a sleeper.
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

I think the best thing I've had happen to me describing the WRX to people was when I finally got my Dad to take a ride in one. The guy's WRX was lightly modded.....and he took us around the block. The guy really took off in it, didn't take any turns lightly, nothing. I remember when my Dad got out of the car, he turns to me and says "I don't think there's many Mustangs or Camaro's that could take this car on a road course." That made me so excited, cuz my Dad is a total muscle-car guy, and laughs at most imports. He still isn't impressed with them cuz they don't have that "great V-8 sound"......but at least he admitted the performance is nice.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

Originally posted by BamBooI
    I would say subaru wasn't famous in the US until the wrx came out and they are getting better as the sti comes out as well. Bad image w/ weak transmissions tho.
    The image is definitely there, but it's complete BS. There is an occasion factory lemon, but I had a lot of HP, beat my car, and never had a problem. It wasn't until I got a crazy aftermarket clutch that I had any tranny issues. People who break multiple trannies on the stock clutch need to learn how to drive, IMO.

The STi is all that. I've seen it, read the owner's manual and I'll be going for a ride eventually. It's the real deal. In the hands of W1, God, and TXS, it will rape, pilage, and plunder.

-Jim

In the hands of W1, God, and TXS, it will rape, pilage, and plunder.
    Don't forget Vishnu and Cobb!
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.