WRX vs. MINI S - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. MINI S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way to work this morning, pulled up to a light in the right lane, Mini Cooper S is ...

On the way to work this morning, pulled up to a light in the right lane, Mini Cooper S is in the middle lane with a sour looking young guy at the wheel, just staring straight ahead. My lane ends maybe 100 yards down the road due to some construction, where they had it coned off to merge into the middle lane. So I knew I would have to get into his lane and darned if he didn't get on it hard to prevent me from doing that. I pulled him hard in 1st, and even messing up the 1-2 shift a little, it was no contest.

Stopped at the next light, Mini guy catches up and pulls up next to me. Our windows are open, I look over at the guy and say, "Nice car." He gives me a snooty semi-nod, as if pained to acknowledge the bothersome insolence of a peasant. Muwahaha, it's just a Mini, dude.

I test drove aa Mini S, handled like a go-cart, but the engine did not overly impress. I like the exterior a lot, but that funky interior would take some getting used to - might be something that grows on you, on the other hand, you might get sick of looking at it.
    Last edited by ScoobySteve; 07-28-2003 at 06:13 PM.
    Old, but not slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was about to buy a WRX wagon.....after I sell my Stealth TT.

Now I have decided to buy 2 mini's. I'm hoping I can fit them both in a single garage..lol. 1 for me, and 1 for the wife so we don't fight over it.

The reason, I test drove the WRX. It was nice, handled well, etc. Then I test drove the mini, and I have never had so much fun driving before. I came back to the dealership with a grin from ear to ear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12