First Kill: WRX vs. Turbo Beetle - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on First Kill: WRX vs. Turbo Beetle within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by VA_WRX Here is a video of a 1.8t turning a 12.6@112mph. I am pretty sure they had ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VA_WRX
    Here is a video of a 1.8t turning a 12.6@112mph. I am pretty sure they had drag radials on the car.
    Cool! It's wild watching a little 1.8T perform so well!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You are correct the main difference is:
    -different ECU programing giving 180hp
    -6 speed tranny, same as 337/20th Anniv IIRC
    -Different seats
    -tachometer
    -deployable wing at top of back window
    -bigger wheels, I think the Orange NB gets color coded wheels
    -I think the suspension is slightly tweaked

IMO I don't see the justification for a lot more $ than a 1.8t gls NB.

Seats are okay, the wing is a gimmick. The tranny is nice but with that much torque down low I don't think it will make a huge difference. The power is easily surpased by chipping the car.

EDIT: check out the whole site and you will see that APR is a very impressive company. They build a lot of their stuff themselves and really support the product. IIRC they have a CNC machine. If I ever got a VW again I would go with APR again.
    Last edited by VA_WRX; 06-10-2003 at 06:02 PM.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

It's amazing what those chips can do for those cars. Something like 50hp just from that? Crazy. Those Beetles would make great sleepers. Too bad they look so girly IMO. I could never see me driving one.

Too bad they look so girly IMO. I could never see me driving one.
    That's why you get an A4 1.8T, same engine just mounted in a different direction. That's what I did.

Take that 30K, purchase a 99-01 used A4 (I'm still partial to the older body style), drop in the APR Stage III or the PES T28 kit, and have a nice sleeper.

Or just use the 30K to buy a used S4.....
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

i ran a turbo s today. not bad! u can notice the turbo s from the headlights. they have the fog lights at about 4 and 8 oclock when compared to thehead lights. they also have wings that come up at a certain speed. anyhow, he tried runningme from roll and i barely noticed so i stepped on it and came up to him. heprobably thought he got me pretty good. so anyhow, we get to a redlight and he starts revving. it turns green and i take off nicely, he couldnt get off the line for ****, squeeling and chirping his tires like a mad man. anyhow, we get back on to the highway and i downshift to second(in my automatic) and wait for him. he gets next to me and floors it, so do i and i start walking him, to about 60mph im about 2 cars in front of him and still pulling very hard. he gets next to me at the next light and is like nice man. my friend has one of those and they are fast. i give him props for his car too and we get both on our way.

all in all, the turbo s is a nice car, awesome sounding... you can hear the turbo, and the torque is just plentiful.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Get some performance mods......

Originally posted by demos
    That's why you get an A4 1.8T, same engine just mounted in a different direction. That's what I did.

Take that 30K, purchase a 99-01 used A4 (I'm still partial to the older body style), drop in the APR Stage III or the PES T28 kit, and have a nice sleeper.

Or just use the 30K to buy a used S4.....
    Most definately. If I could afford it I would have an A4. My friends dad has one and I have rode in it a few times. Sweet car. Its a '02 or '03 model fully loaded. Now if I could afford an S4.....

Or how about you spend that 30k on an STi?
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

That works too. The only problem is getting the 30k....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.