WRX vs. Civic Hatch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Civic Hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home last night from work, when I saw a 92-95 hatch come up from behind. ...

WRX vs. Civic Hatch

I was on my way home last night from work, when I saw a 92-95 hatch come up from behind. I could tell he wanted to run from the way he was zipping in and out of traffic. Once we hit an open spot on the freeway we were on we went. I let him get on it first so I knew when he started. As soon as his VTEC kicked in I punched it. We started in third geat at about 65mph. I immediately put multiple car lengths on him through third and didn't pull as much in fourth gear (which I expected). Anyhow I was probably 5 carlengths ahead and doing 130mph so I shut down. He came up later and honked at me and he and his passenger gave my thumbs up and I did the same back. It was a fun race. I used to drive Honda's so it was nice to stomp them in a turbo. I know he had a motor swap from the way his car sounded. I don't know if it was a B16 swap or a GSR swap, but I know it was a swap of some sort. I didn't know my car would pull that much on a swapped car, especially from a roll. Oh well it was fun.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mods?

AEM CAI, GReddy Evo cat back, Invidia DP, Turbo XS MBC set at 16psi, I think thats it. I have an UP sitting at my friends shop but it hasn't been put in yet.
    Last edited by THE ONE; 06-08-2003 at 05:32 PM.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE

Originally posted by BamBooI
    Im on the computer at work. When I re-click on a page I have already viewed it wont refresh, so I have to make a reply to see what anyone else has written. Then when I see what was written I edit my ( . ) to a response.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Nobody has any comments?
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice run, man. Normally, I'd say most Civic hatches aren't worth your 91 octane, but an engine swap can make things interesting. Come up to Tempe sometime and we'll race! Just kidding - I'd be a waste of your gas.

By the way, I'm sure you've heard this, but that AEM might be hurting things a bit.

Happy Boosting.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Nice run, man. Normally, I'd say most Civic hatches aren't worth your 91 octane
    They also have 91 when they are equipped with VTEC. I would think that it was a B16 because you beat him by sooo much, or he was throwing a code. Nice kill! It sucks now, I also have a 1992 Integra GS-R that's fully built, when I drove that around EVERYONE wanted to race me, now that I have my WRX no one will race me.

Thats good and bad. Atleast the worthy ones will usualy go.
    '89 Ford Bronco, 5.8L - Custom Stereo, Custom Exaust

Future plans to get a WRX.
    Working on it! Hopefully in September.

Thanks guys. Yeah I heard about the AEM intake problems right after I bought the damn intake from someone on this board. Oh well. If it creates problems I will take it off. What do I need to look for as far as problems go?

03SUBYWRX:
    I had the same thing when I had my integra ls/vtec, everyone wanted to race and now that I have my WRX, it's a very rare occurrence. They won't even look over at me now!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard that EGTs can get a little high with the use of some intakes on the WRX. Someone back me up or tell me I'm full of it.

THE ONE: do you ever go to Firebird?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    I've heard that EGTs can get a little high with the use of some intakes on the WRX. Someone back me up or tell me I'm full of it.

THE ONE: do you ever go to Firebird?
    There is a bend before the maf on CAI. Which would make the air flow towards the curve and not down near the maf which would make the maf read incorrectly causing the computer to think it is not getting a lot of air when it really does. Therefore fuel is adjusted incorrectly which could lead to running lean which could cause high egts.

Thanks for the info. Will it be apparent if something isn't wrong? And I do go to Firebird, but I've only been there 3 times with the rex. I used to always go there with my red Si I had and with the green integra I used to have.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.