Integra gs-r w/ Garrett Turbo vs. WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Integra gs-r w/ Garrett Turbo vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is my first kill post......... I was driving my friend home this evening as he was too intoxicated to ...

Integra gs-r w/ Garrett Turbo vs. WRX

This is my first kill post.........

I was driving my friend home this evening as he was too intoxicated to drive himself, and on the way to his house i see a red gsr waiting for me on the street. I downshift into 2nd immediately and hold about 4k rpm's. He hits it first, and what i hear is a freakin' turbo, i heart it over my catless exhaust, but not long though, because by the time i saw third gear i was a few carlengths ahead and pulling hard. I shut it down immediately, he was cool about it, gave me props, and was on my merry way. Nice guy, qwik little run.
    christopher

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

turbo sound? you mean BOV?

You can hear a turbo spool up pretty distinctly with a catless exhaust. I can hear mine all the time.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Re: Integra gs-r w/ Garrett Turbo vs. WRX

Originally posted by WRX=Imprezzed
    This is my first kill post.........

I was driving my friend home this evening as he was too intoxicated to drive himself, and on the way to his house i see a red gsr waiting for me on the street. I downshift into 2nd immediately and hold about 4k rpm's. He hits it first, and what i hear is a freakin' turbo, i heart it over my catless exhaust, but not long though, because by the time i saw third gear i was a few carlengths ahead and pulling hard. I shut it down immediately, he was cool about it, gave me props, and was on my merry way. Nice guy, qwik little run.
    christopher
    Do you have any mods?

Arrow Mods

It sounded like a turbo, and he told me it was a turbo.
    I actually thought it was a supercharger first. But he told me it was a garrett turbo.
    -PDE up pipe
    -Turbo xs stealth back with HKS axleback.
    That is it for Go. stock boost etc....
    oh, just put in a k&n panel filter.

I gotta qwik question: I am going to be out of town for a couple of weeks, (going to Italy) i was thinking about having my stock turbo ported and polished, the company we use to rebuild turbos will do it, he wants to put a bigger wheel and stuff on it, but i will prolly have to get it tuned etc...
    Well, i basically wanted to know if you guys had any experience with porting and polishing the stock turbo, and if it was worth it...

Christopher

Re: Mods

oh, just put in a k&n panel filter.
    You know it was the K&N that did it I doubt the GSR was running much boost because usually they run 13's with a t3/t4 setup.

EDIT: The jackson racing superchargers run 14's.. maybe he was lying?!
    Last edited by Knertified; 06-08-2003 at 01:16 PM.

nice run... i had a run with a t3/t4 setup and i beat him by a car from a stop, but from a roll to high speeds he would pull by me in 4th gear like i wasnt moving.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

UM, lying or not, i beat him, not a big deal, my car runs mid-high 13's depending on the weather. it sounded like a turbo.....
    I didn't ask him how much boost he was running....
    christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

A guy came into my shop talking about this guy with a turbocharged Type R with a red paint job. I asked him what color were the rims, and what kind of turbo, etc....and the drivers description matched mine. So i guess it was a type R, never can be sure though. Kind of thought it was funny, small world.....
    Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

I'm not flamming here, just wanted to point out why some might question this story.

A turbo Type R will be a beast from a roll...its probably putting down more power than you are with your mods and its lighter.

I can see a WRX hurting one for a stop simply because hooking up a FWD car on the street with that much power is tough. But from a roll...and you pulled "hard" in 3rd gear, which is definitely the BEST gear for a Type R...you have to understand why there is a bit of skepticism (not of the win, but maybe the lengths you put on him).

Maybe it was a stock Type R with a fake blow of valve. Maybe it was a stock GS with Type R badging.

But hey, its the street where anything can happen and I wasn't there, so good job (seriously).
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

UM, lying or not, i beat him, not a big deal, my car runs mid-high 13's depending on the weather. it sounded like a turbo.....
    I didn't ask him how much boost he was running....
    christopher
    Wow, I didn't think WRX could do consistent 13s with just exhaust mods.

Arrow

Raced through second, shifted into third and shut it down.
    No badging, car had a turbo, no big deal. this is why i don't post much on these boards, all is hearsay.
    and how do i know that his car was at its peak game, etc....you don't think i know this?
    Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

14.1-14.2 consistently with a turbo back and stock up pipe.....at 5800 asl. I would assume mid 13's would be cake with only exhaust mods. Any aftermarket turbo car is only as good as it is tuned, just look at the 15 sec t-88 supra in the 2F2f.
    1997 VOLVO 850R 14.5@102 with a slushbox and a 2.4 sec 60 ft time.
    1951 chevy 13.3@ 109 gettin some paint
    2002 WRX 13.8 stock turbo :sold
    1996 BMW 318ti what I drive when everything else is broken

With a hard enough launch, they are. There are several guys here with just exhausts that were running mid 13's all day long with just an exhaust and boost controller. No upgraded turbo, no uni-chip, just a full turbo-back and up-pipe coupled with a boost controller.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Exclamation Bone stock i ran a 14.2, backed it up with 14.2 & 14.3

With Up pipe and turbo back, have not run it yet, but it is a hell of a lot faster.
    You know what, i think i will keep my experiences to myself, this is pointless...
    Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast