Anyone ran a S2k?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone ran a S2k? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How would my car fare against S2k w/ CAI in following races? 0-100mph 10-100mph 45-100mph...

Anyone ran a S2k?

How would my car fare against S2k w/ CAI in following races?

0-100mph
    10-100mph
    45-100mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With your mods you should own the S2k in every dept, 45-100 might be close, but you should be able to pull it out, given you have the skills to drive a turbo properly.
    1997 VOLVO 850R 14.5@102 with a slushbox and a 2.4 sec 60 ft time.
    1951 chevy 13.3@ 109 gettin some paint
    2002 WRX 13.8 stock turbo :sold
    1996 BMW 318ti what I drive when everything else is broken

I Have about the same mods as you and I have killed a couple S2's. Most of the time the idots cant drive them and they just spin off the line. I raced one at the track and the best he could do was a 14.3 it was pretty funny.

S2ks are fast at higher speed. especially 100mph and above.
    100 and under you should not have any problem at all!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

But if you were stock on the other hand you would lose all 3 to an equal driver.... the S2K is a fast ass car.... I lost to one stock and finally had a rematch last week the result were much much better now
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

from a 45 roll s2k won't ever catch up because when you are in 45mph @ 2nd gear you will put at least a car from the getgo especially w/ your mods...

Originally posted by wickedwrx02
    Most of the time the idots cant drive them and they just spin off the line.
    Um, typically you want a little spin in an S2000. Rev to 6,000, dump the clutch, and transfer a little of that power to the road instead of your soon-to-be-shattered drivetrain. If you launch at much less, you'll bog big time and send shock waves up and down your tranny. How do I know? I used to own (and race) one. And please, no flames; I sold it for the WRX.

As for WRX vs S2000, I agree. Off the line or even from a slow roll, the WRX should take it. Up top, however, the WRX is much weaker and the S2000 is MUCH stronger. You might have trouble. 45-100? I'd say that's a driver's race. You get them in VTEC range (6,000+ rpm), and they're dangerous.

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    Um, typically you want a little spin in an S2000. Rev to 6,000, dump the clutch, and transfer a little of that power to the road instead of your soon-to-be-shattered drivetrain. If you launch at much less, you'll bog big time and send shock waves up and down your tranny. How do I know? I used to own (and race) one. And please, no flames; I sold it for the WRX.

As for WRX vs S2000, I agree. Off the line or even from a slow roll, the WRX should take it. Up top, however, the WRX is much weaker and the S2000 is MUCH stronger. You might have trouble. 45-100? I'd say that's a driver's race. You get them in VTEC range (6,000+ rpm), and they're dangerous.
    for a stock wrx, this would be true, but the thread starter is modded enough to eat one up unless that s2k got the s/c option.

Yo

You'll kill him on all the 3 areas. I race my brother all the time ... it's nice to have family who also like to play. Stock vs. stock the S2000 will own even from a 0-100 however once you're running a Stage 2+ you'll kill him ... even w/ 2 other 200lbs passengers in the car ... humm Barrett Pkwy sound familiar.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Originally posted by BamBooI
    for a stock wrx, this would be true, but the thread starter is modded enough to eat one up unless that s2k got the s/c option.
    OMFG....Hi, moron here. Howya doin? Yeah, I guess it would matter if the WRX was modded. My bad.

Correction: you will own the S2000 at any and all speeds. His top end might keep him up with you at 100+, but I still think you'd take him.

As far as mods go for the S2000, intake, exhaust, headers, cams, etc are going to see minimal gains. Honda has pulled every drop of hp out of it that they can. But if it has a SC (Vortech,Comptech) or Turbo (SpeedCraft,Ultimate Racing), you can see them with 280rwhp+.

S2k is only good through 0-60. After that it can't hang with turbo mod cars or even farely well powered V6.

it's the only flaw that you get from having a VTEC or 4 cylinder engine (2.0L).

You really do have to run the car over 8000RPM and you really do have to launch the car at 4500RPM + on S2K.

It's a fare game until Comptech SC finds a place in S2k.

close ratio 6 gear manual helps on the highway for s2k.

Originally posted by EMarkDDS

Correction: you will own the S2000 at any and all speeds. His top end might keep him up with you at 100+, but I still think you'd take him.

As far as mods go for the S2000, intake, exhaust, headers, cams, etc are going to see minimal gains. Honda has pulled every drop of hp out of it that they can. But if it has a SC (Vortech,Comptech) or Turbo (SpeedCraft,Ultimate Racing), you can see them with 280rwhp+.
    Honda's a zero emission vehicle. That means, it even met the strict California emissions stadards. I/E/H would increase the torgue on S2k easily, since s2k does have strict air flow constriction. (it's a simple equation. More air=more fuel=more power)

I don't s2k has a great top speed. It'll take s2k forever to get over 120mph, which is one of the flaws of having such a small engine.

VTEC is great to a point then it's just becomes another 4 cylinder engine.

You car will own any S2000 short of a supercharged or nitrous fed one.

-Jim

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    Honda's a zero emission vehicle. That means, it even met the strict California emissions stadards. I/E/H would increase the torgue on S2k easily, since s2k does have strict air flow constriction. (it's a simple equation. More air=more fuel=more power)

I don't s2k has a great top speed. It'll take s2k forever to get over 120mph, which is one of the flaws of having such a small engine.

VTEC is great to a point then it's just becomes another 4 cylinder engine.
    Well, I hate to be argumentative, but I have to disagree with pretty much everything you've said here.

Modding the S2K is tough, i.e. expensive, to get any substantial gains without forced induction. I/E/H is debatable; CAI will get you a few ponies, but some header/exhaust combos have actaully seen drops in power output. Most people upgrade to shave weight and to alter the sound; the $$$/hp ratio is way too high to justify the meager gains. Yes, it is a simple equation more fuel and air=more power, but unless you've gone FI and unless you've upgraded the fuel system, you won't fulfill the first part of your equation.

120mph? My former car, a MY2002 S2000, seemed to reach 120 more briskly than my current MY2003 WRX. It was slower off the line, but definitely had a better top end.

And yes, its just another 4-cylinder. Until the tach reads 9,000rpm's and you're scaring the hell out of everyone in a 3-block radius.

Am I defensive when it comes to the S2000? Sure. Up to then, I was a car driver. After, I was a car enthusiast. The S2000 is an absolutely incredible car, and I really really really miss my 9,000rpm redline.

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    S2k is only good through 0-60. After that it can't hang with turbo mod cars or even farely well powered V6.

it's the only flaw that you get from having a VTEC or 4 cylinder engine (2.0L).

You really do have to run the car over 8000RPM and you really do have to launch the car at 4500RPM + on S2K.

It's a fare game until Comptech SC finds a place in S2k.

close ratio 6 gear manual helps on the highway for s2k.
    This is incorrect...so is your next post, all of it really.

S2K, RSX-S, both are better from a roll than from a stop, just as a WRX is better from a stop and is, relatively speaking, not as good from a roll (compared to its great abilities from a stop).

The F20A engine is almost totally tapped out. I/H/E is doing "relatively" nothing for the car. Hell, even with Comptech's flaunted S/C most mags are pulling mid to high 13s out of the S2K.

The K series engine on the other hand, that's an engine that you can mod the hell out of. For about $750 you can have the RSX-S at roughly S2K 1/4 mile times (low 14s, high 13s at best).

As far as it taking forever to get the S2K to 120mph, then it must take a freaking eternity to get a stock WRX there because an S2K will take a WRX from a roll given equal drivers.

Seriously, are you trying to be funny in both your posts? If so, I apologize..but those two posts were so uneducated, actually the exact OPPOSITE of what is reality.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast