Anyone ran a S2k? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone ran a S2k? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks smokey, I did not feel like typing all of that out.... -joe...

Thanks smokey, I did not feel like typing all of that out....

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Thanks smokey, I did not feel like typing all of that out....

-joe
    I seriously can't tell if he's joking or not.

It would be like me saying " the WRX is only good from 60-100mph...AWD is only good for top speed, it doesn't do anything for your launches. Turbo stinks, it actually hurts air flow" etc...

Like he purposely put the exact opposite of what is reality.

So I'm waiting for him to say "I was just kidding"
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

i ran an s2000 twice today. one from a stop and once from a roll. from the stop, i didnt bother to do any type of break torque(if i did id be able to get a great lead from the start) but up ill about 70mph we were pretty much even. then, i raced him on the expressway from 40mph to 120mph. we were both on the ramp getting onto the expressway when i see him floor his car, im right behind him at this point and about 3-4 cars behind. i floor it and at about 120 i have caught up to him. im sure it would have been an even bigger difference if the guy wasnt scared to floor it when we were both lined up next to each other. oh btw, i had 4 people in my car and my brother yelled out of the car as i passed him something like "hell yeah". he on the other hand wasnt happy about it and was yelling "****, damn." i think if i was alone and he was alone(he had one other person, his gf), the race would have been much more fun, and more or less my victory again.

WRX AUTOMATIC: 4 people
    mods: turboxs uppipe w/ leak, bosal downpipe, 3" catback exhaust, boost controller at 15.5psi, grounding, air box hack.

S2K: 2 People
    mods: looked stock.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

So what do you think you're running, high 13s, low 14s?

Figure you had an extra few hundred pounds in the car too...and you pulled on a S2K up top, probably pretty hard at that since you made up those 3-4 cars.

So what are you running? I figured an auto transmission would suck some more power out...so you've got to be running mid 13s and trapping in the low 100s to do that to an S2K right?

Like I said, you had 4 people in the car as well.

Honestly, I konw this might sound strange, but I'm not flamming. I must just be misunderstanding the gains one's car gets from a MBC and Turboback exhaust...please educate me so I don't make this mistake twice
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    So what do you think you're running, high 13s, low 14s?

Figure you had an extra few hundred pounds in the car too...and you pulled on a S2K up top, probably pretty hard at that since you made up those 3-4 cars.

So what are you running? I figured an auto transmission would suck some more power out...so you've got to be running mid 13s and trapping in the low 100s to do that to an S2K right?

Like I said, you had 4 people in the car as well.

Honestly, I konw this might sound strange, but I'm not flamming. I must just be misunderstanding the gains one's car gets from a MBC and Turboback exhaust...please educate me so I don't make this mistake twice
    turboback + mbc =low to mid 13s @ 98-101 mph.

hey, maybe the driver sucked... i dont know. all i know is that im getting my leak fixed tomorrow and hopefully going to the track on thursday. im hoping for high 13's. well see.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

well a stock wrx automatic with just an uppipe should be running 14.6. add a downpipe, 3" catback exhaust, no muffler, and grounding(raises torque a few pounds), and a boost controller at 15.5psi.. and that should be good enough for high 13's.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

a turboback + mbc in an auto WILL NOT RUN low 13's! And will sure as hell not trap over 100mph.
    Bamboii = turboback + mbc =low to mid 13s @ 98-101 mph.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Originally posted by MustGoFast
    a turboback + mbc in an auto WILL NOT RUN low 13's! And will sure as hell not trap over 100mph.
    I didn't say automatic. I left it general just like smokey's question. He said he didn't understand the power of turboback and mbc. I told him. Just left it general. Some peeps have ran 102 w/ the 5spd.

I'd say you shouldn't sweat it and run the guy. With your mods (I didn't see any type of boost control listed though) you should be able to walk away on a rolling start.

Actually, I didn't bother to post this but about two weeks ago I ran a "stock looking" S2000 about three times. The first time was from about 5-65mph, the second time from about 45-110, and the third from about 60-100.

Basically, the S2000 guy was sitting in front of me at the light. He kept looking back in his rear and sideview mirrors. Right before the light changed he saw that the far right lane was now open so he kind of gave it a few revs as to get my attention as he went for the other lane. Naturally, I followed to see what he had.

When the light finally went he got on it hard and of course I couldn't do an AWD launch or I would've hit him in the back. So, I was able to punch it at around 5mph (with clutch slip) and still manged to spin the tires. About the top of 1st I was already passing the dude and was able to waive at him right after I shifted with my foot to the floor and pulling a way quickly.

On the last shot, we went from about 60mph and I was already in 3rd gear. He actually was able to hang fort like 2 secs and then I quickly pulled away again. I think he must've been in a sweet spot rpm range when we both went for it and he got the jump too. All in all teh guy seemed to "know" how to drive, i.e. where to shift, where to downshift, etc.

Let us know how it turns out.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I beat one in a stoplight race.This is a thread about it

well once more had fun with the same guy in his s2k this time it was his though, he had just purchased it. well anyway this one was at about 25 mph roll. i autoshift to 1st and keep the rpm at liek 5500. he goes how bout now, i hear him downshift(what a gorgeous sound) to bad i had to listen from the front while he was losing ground ever so quickly. well from the three cars that i ran today im assure of myself that a high 13 is capable. the other cars that i had run today were.a friends 13.4 second camry(trd supercharger) he had a differet pully in during the run so he said that set up was at worst a 14.00. i took him by 1 car till 95-100ish. second run was a wrx with same mods except for the upgraded vf22, stock fuel system and ecu managment. up to 100 he was half car infront. with out the turbo upgrade he ran a 13.8....that was his first and last run he did with that setup. last race was a 10 mph roll start. the car was 00 z28 with flowmaster drop in filter and hypertech thermostat. well the outcome to 100 was him a car in front. his track time is 13.5 at 102mph. so as you can see this is why i am assure of a high 13. all in all though this has proven to all the "racers" in gurnee that even auto wrxs can be quick
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12