modified WRX vs. Modified EVO
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on modified WRX vs. Modified EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wanted to post my experience running an EVO that a friend of mine has. First, a little about the ...

modified WRX vs. Modified EVO

I wanted to post my experience running an EVO that a friend of mine has. First, a little about the cars and the mods they have.

The EVO has an intake, O2 housing, downpipe, bigger FMIC, and a Greddy E-manage on it.

My WRX has a 3" turbo-back, up-pipe, APS intake, APS unichip (shelf map for club spec), Samco IC hoses, and a MBC set at 15.5psi. Everything else is stock.

Now onto the action!

Both races started from a roll so, there really was no driver error to be accounted for. We started at 55-60MPH.

I started in 3rd gear both times. On the first run, we both mashed the throttle about the same time and I pulled a half a car immediately. After that, I steadily put about 2 cars on him up to 105-110MPH. (I won't run faster than that on a public highway)

I couldn't believe it. I thought maybe I started before he did or something so we tried it again.

This time I gave it a little gas and let off to get my buddy to go first. The results, however, were the same. I pulled an immediate 1/2 a car and continued to pull about 2 cars on him before we shut it down.

I even talked to him after we got to our destination to make sure he was actually putting the pedal down and was running the boost he should of been. Everything was running as it should.

So, for now, WRX-2, EVO-0.

Props to Mark (the EVO owner) for being a good sport about it.

Later,

Dale
    Last edited by Baluchitherium4; 06-08-2003 at 01:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool Story =) Do you ever run at the track? if so 1.4 times?

Think your car is around stage 2 WRX which traps around 100mph. His EVO should trap around 104-105mph with his mod so his car may could have caught up with you after 100mph?

oh you ran 13.1@102mph! that's pretty decent time with stock turbo. Nice kill!

good kill..

From what I have read about evos in areas with only 91octane, they trap stock in the upper 90's in the 1/4 mile
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Thanks guys!

I drove his car a little later that night, and it feels strong. I do believe if we kept going to 130 or so he would of caught back up and passed me due to the gearing our car has in 4th.

We get 94 octane here in Ohio.

Later,

Dale

FRREEEAAAKIN' California!!!! Stupid 91 Octane, Smog tests, and the strictest emissions.

We use 93-94 Octane here in NY Yummmy
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

Amazing as it seems about the CA gas...but this is a big issue and is weighing heavily on my next purchase. Right now my chipped Audi is very tempermental and will not get out of its own way if the fuel is only slightly marginal. So I can imagine that a 19 lb. boosted evo would hate life in CA.

T.

Originally posted by swipe112
    FRREEEAAAKIN' California!!!! Stupid 91 Octane, Smog tests, and the strictest emissions.
    Eh, stop complaining (Just kidding of course).

You guys get worse gasoline but you have performance shops on every corner. You can get your car dynoed everywhere, get stuff installed everywhere (with competition to drive down prices I'd assume)...

We get 93/94 octane gas - I have one reputable import performance store in my area and I don't think their knowledge can even remotely stack up to West Coast companies. I have to wait days for all my parts to come in, etc...

You guys have it good if you ask me, well, except for emissions testing I guess...and the fact that you can't smoke in bars (dumbest thing ever, beer and cigs go hand in hand).
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

smokey.. think you have it bad.. we have no import performance store in my town.. i have to drive 3hrs give or take my speed and traffic to H-town to look at parts.. unless you consider auto zone and pep boys import stores..
    it's stock really....

Originally posted by wrxracer
    smokey.. think you have it bad.. we have no import performance store in my town.. i have to drive 3hrs give or take my speed and traffic to H-town to look at parts.. unless you consider auto zone and pep boys import stores..
    They're good to get cleaning stuff and accessories (like floor mats and that kind of stuff) but unless you're a rice-lover you're right, it sure as hell isn't a performance store!

That's funny that people think I have it good though with one performance store around

Well, I guess I gained a new appreciation for Indy and its "import scene" after hearing from you!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Awesome...it's very reassuring
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by swipe112

yeah. I used to live there for a couple of years ... Freaaking crappy gas !!! with additives, still >>$2 per gallon on a good day.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.