wow... srt forums
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wow... srt forums within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/view...ighlight=crash the wrx engine sounds like a lawnmower.... I HAVE TO SEE THAT LAWNMOWER...

wow... srt forums

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/view...ighlight=crash

the wrx engine sounds like a lawnmower.... I HAVE TO SEE THAT LAWNMOWER
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't worry about the guys over at SRT. I swear that the average age over there must be 16. It is totally fine to be prideful of your car, especially when you invest extra cash into it, but some of the guys over there have it as an extension of their self worth.

Here at ClubWRX, everyone seems to be open minded about other cars and give credit to where credit is due. Look at the Altima post for example.....the WRX is faster pretty much in every aspect (0-60, 1/4, handling, etc), yet we have posts giving much respect to the car.

Over at SRT they just tend to bash aything that comes there way, since the SRT is the "fastest car EVAH". I've seen crap talked about the EVO, WRX, Mustang, 350z, M3, basically anything with wheels. Yes, there are some mature, intelligent people at that forum, but there's definitely a lot of garbage as well.

hahaha i love how they keep saying "the neon interior is perfect for customizing...."

perfect for your typical riceboy to customize
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

oh hey guys did you know this is true?

"7. our srt-4 looks mean as it drives mean way better design your scoop is NOT functional almost as is ours but hood mod and we totally have the advantage"

our hood scoop is NOT functional??? please!!!

just when i thought i was gonna get an ounce of respect for that car....not anymore, heh.

im going to put these posts up for those who dont want to bother looking on the thread....

I have driven your "superior" wrx and guess what it is not better. There has never been one documented piece of indisputable evidence that your car is better, what are your sources, you started the damn arguments so please answer them.......

anyone can be a nice person turned into a mean ******* in heartbeat because of people like U
    1. your seats are 3rd rate like that found out of a 72 mavrick
    2. very UNDERpowered no torque
    3. too heavy(yes I know its AWD but you bought it so live with it)
    4. any other mod that you add you only add to your gross fat-piggy weighted car
    5. your MOMO steering wheel is cool I like it, your horn has a better tone, your stereo sucks, speakers suck (i am am accomplished musician, trust me they do!)
    6. crappy rims, crappy tires crappy brakes ( i really mean mediocre but you got me going, sorry!
    7. your front fascia stying looks very unappealing, very understyled, and cute-sy, girly, very feminine cheesy wannabe fender flares (its funny because you all say your car looks better, just be honest
    8. power to weight ratio SUX, handling is very good but not great as you call it
    9. I was being very fair. I am not a dodge lover or rex lover, but I said it before I love quality buit cars, the srt-4 is just that as is the wrx i'll post an honest view of the srt-4

1. our seats are top grade! the same viper design without the harness openings.. meaning they are better
    2. very OVER powered big problem easy remedy lower the car or lsd, soon to be avail..
    3. lighter than your car but stock for stock the srt-4 pounds on the wrx. numbers don't lie but driver against driver is the real race..
    4. our mods from mopar will be factory backed and sure they add weight but as we add weight we will benefit MORE so than you because tit for tat you lose
    5. srt-4 steering wheel sux! true but I will be putting the viper srt-10 in !
    6. better rims 17 inch better tires michelin pilots way better brakes than your car!!
    7. our srt-4 looks mean as it drives mean way better design your scoop is NOT functional almost as is ours but hood mod and we totally have the advantage
    8. excellent power to weight ratio nuff said 223/250 Vs 180/170 =wheel power ratings BTW your car has major turbo lag!!! srt-4 missing in action..
    9. being very fair sure your taiwan interior texture is that of a better quality than our taiwan plastic (BTW your car has a plastic interior too I will admit ithat but get over it the sub 20,000 car walks over your car, one more aspect I forgot my bro just mentioned to me
    10. HANDLING the wrx is better! yes better BUT only better because of that 900 pound AWD unit.... that being said your car does not handle better it only takes turns faster thats ALLL there is more to handling than that okay, so there you go now go purchase the STi and with not even 2,000 I will take your STi and hand it too you!! let me know when you get your sti (al subaru owners)

BOTH BY SRT DRIVEN

I hope the SRT owner, that has a yellow one (good color btw) can chime in here... and please put some faith back into me that there are some sensable SRT drivers... The wrx hoodscoop is non functional
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

They need to grow up, they're car isn't the end all to great cars. It's a goddamn neon! It's fast, it's ok looking, but get over yourselves.

The WRX isn't the greatest car ever. But i like it, it's fun and i sure as hell would rather have it than a neon (ANY neon).

They're neon enthusiasts, not car enthusiasts.

S-K
    I love how they say the Neon is quality built. I have never been in ANY Chrysler product (save for their high-end cars) that was "quality built." My father works for a Dailmer-Chrysler company...I've been to dealerships, and I've been in and out of everything from Neons to Prowlers. None of which impressed.

Yes, the SRT-4 is fast...but man...These guys make me lose all respect for it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they continuously say that the WRX is "ugly," and that the Neon looks much better. Oddly enough, I was asked more than once, "Hey, where did you get that body kit for your Neon?"
    Last edited by S-K; 06-05-2003 at 11:50 PM.
    http://planb-attack.com/WRX-Pasture8.JPG
    "Are You Sure That's A 4cyl?!"
    -Dave-

They ARE you. They sound no different than you guys. Just take a step back and read it as an outsider and not a WRX owner. You will see.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    They ARE you. They sound no different than you guys. Just take a step back and read it as an outsider and not a WRX owner. You will see.

have you actually gone over there and read their boards though? i mean WRX owners seem a little more educated than they are. the WRX's hoodscoop is non-functional??? come on, that's just rediculous. and i don't care what car i drive, clubwrx.net and srtforums.com are very different. i'm just wondering if you're trying to say that you're above us WRX owners? i'm not being a smartass....serious question.

by the way....in addition to what i said above, i've noticed that the SRT guys mostly give props to only american cars (vipers, camaros, etc) and basically shrug off all other cars as crap.
    read the threads in this forum...WRX vs. The World. i see guys giving props to all sorts of cars....muscle cars, altimas, tegs, etc. this is more of a car enthusiast forum rather than a Dodge enthusiast forum.

I totally disagree. On more than one occasion we have given the SRT-4 plenty of compliments, we know it's faster, we know it's respectable. They pick at the location of the freakin boost gauge...

Different worlds my friend.

I survey across many different forums because I am a car enthusiast, not just a WRX enthusiast. Many times I spend even more time at NON-WRX forums than ClubWRX. Superhonda, srtforums, m3forums, acura-cl, nissanforums, just to name a few....and NONE of them have ever gave me such a negative impression as SRTforums.

Wow, I'm speechless.

I think there is a considerable difference between the member bases and the quality of discussion found on both sites. I'll admit the SRT-4 wasn't well-received here just as the WRX wasn't there. But that's where the similarities end. Every board has its bad apples and brand nazis. The few that do post here though are quickly put in their place by the many open-minded members.

I Support ClubWRX
    What a joke. I still have respect for the SRT-4 (it's fast and looks decent - not sure about quality/interior yet), but I think I've lost what little respect I had for Neon drivers in general. That's a stupid generalization, I know, that could be applied to, say, Civic drivers; but really, what is with these people? They DO NOT sound like us.

You guys should get rid of that ungainly "900 lb" AWD unit.

I think most of those people are 16 year old Neon SXT drivers with hormone and acne problems that manifest themselves in retarded posts. Que lastima!

Oh well, I still have ClubWRX to hold me over. This forum is first class! I love to be among car nerds like myself, and most members seem like good people.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by TurboWRX

"7. our srt-4 looks mean as it drives mean way better design your scoop is NOT functional almost as is ours but hood mod and we totally have the advantage"

our hood scoop is NOT functional??? please!!!

just when i thought i was gonna get an ounce of respect for that car....not anymore, heh. [/B]
    im sorry, but some people are complete ****ING IDIOTS. srt-4 is no masterpiece, and it does not look mean. it looks like a crosseyed rat.

wait a minute, so our hoodscoops are just for looks. DAMN, and i thought it was used to direct air into our top mount intercoolers.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast