wow... srt forums - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on wow... srt forums within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Shard Even so it doesn't HANDLE BETTER, it's just more predictable and easy to control. If you ...

Originally posted by Shard
    Even so it doesn't HANDLE BETTER, it's just more predictable and easy to control.
    If you think that FWD doesn't handle better than RWD in the snow, then you haven't driven both in the snow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    If you think that FWD doesn't handle better than RWD in the snow, then you haven't driven both in the snow.
    Ok, sure...

I'm not going to argue. But i'll throw in this tidbit, a 220 whp FWD car won't "handle" too well in the snow me thinks if it has trouble keeping traction on dry.

Ok, sure...

I'm not going to argue. But i'll throw in this tidbit, a 220 whp FWD car won't "handle" too well in the snow me thinks if it has trouble keeping traction on dry.
    Me thinks that if you know how to drive your car, you won't have trouble. I have driven a 230+ HP FWD car in the snow, for several years. Well it didn't snow the whole time, but you know what I mean. I had no trouble driving the car in the snow. Between having the right tires, and keeping the car in the correct gear for certain situation, it was perfectly fine. I also drove a RWD car with about the same or less HP in the snow for a couple years as well. The car would not move. Having the weight on top of the wheels makes all the difference. If you have a combination of good snow tires and driver knowledge (for that particular car) then a FWD is more than sufficient for snow. VERY few RWD cars are ok in the snow.

Shard, have you always lived in Texas? I don't know if you ever get snow there, never been there myself, but I only hear about a couple of really cold days there a year. I could be wrong of course. I am just wondering if you have a lot of experience driving in the snow?

I lived in Oklahoma for a year. I don't pretend to have a lot of experience driving in the snow. I know that FWD is "better" for the snow. But i don't know if the ability to drive in snow would be classified as "hadling better".

I imagine driving several years of snow would be a pretty rotten deal .

I lived in Oklahoma for a year. I don't pretend to have a lot of experience driving in the snow. I know that FWD is "better" for the snow. But i don't know if the ability to drive in snow would be classified as "hadling better".

I imagine driving several years of snow would be a pretty rotten deal .
    When you first start driving in the snow, it can be intimidating. Especially if you are young or don't have a lot of experience driving in general. The day after I got my driver's license (many years ago) I drove in the snow. It was a little scary. You do get used to it and learn what to do in certain situations. If you live in an area that gets lots of snow, you really do have to consider the FWD vs RWD factor when getting a car. AWD of course is even better for the climate. I am looking for a DSM as my toy to play with now, instead of another MKIII supra. I loved my supra, but I would have to garage it during the winter. Especially if future winters are anything like this last one.

I understand how it can be a contributing factor when picking a car.

AWD is great of course .

LOL, this thread is back again??

With regards to driving in the snow, I will close my boost solenoid with my boost controller and run 4psi from the wastegate.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99

With regards to driving in the snow, I will close my boost solenoid with my boost controller and run 4psi from the wastegate.
    Yep, it's an old one :-D. 4 psi outta be pretty easy to handle.

Originally posted by drizze99

WASTEGATE POWER!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.