wow... srt forums - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wow... srt forums within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've got three words for ya when regarding the srt interior: cheap - quality - plastic... even the cueball shifter ...

I've got three words for ya when regarding the srt interior:

cheap - quality - plastic...

even the cueball shifter is plastic. jeez.

but it's not just limited to the srt. most of the dodge's I have sat in have cheap plasticky interiors.

for the money, I think honda accords and toyotas have the best quality plastic.

somebody stop me, i sound like a car salesman. lol .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Sorry, but I think that is a lame argument. No offense to you, I see it quite often. "Bragging rights" in itself is pretty lame. The ONLY time I can say I will give someone their bragging rights is when they build the car from scratch themselves. Probably not even a kit car, maybe, but doubtful. If you can build a car from scratch, THEN you deserve all the bragging rights.
    I wasn't saying I think I deserve braggin rights. I'm not sure what you were reading.

I was saying I think that anybody that brags about a stock car like that is kind of funny because there will always be someone with more money than you that can buy a better stock car or could afford your car. I'm not bragging I have a WRX over the SRT-4. I think that many of the people that buy an SRT-4 could also afford a WRX. My point was that I had the option of purchasing a SRT-4 but didn't. I felt the WRX had advantages that benefited me.

Originally posted by drbyers
    I've got three words for ya when regarding the srt interior:

cheap - quality - plastic...

even the cueball shifter is plastic. jeez.

but it's not just limited to the srt. most of the dodge's I have sat in have cheap plasticky interiors.

for the money, I think honda accords and toyotas have the best quality plastic.

somebody stop me, i sound like a car salesman. lol .
    That is your opinion and that is fine. But you do realize that this is EXACTLY what I mean. This post is the same as what you read on the SRTFORUMS. Thank you drbyers for helping me with my point

Originally posted by milenko11
    I wasn't saying I think I deserve braggin rights. I'm not sure what you were reading.

I was saying I think that anybody that brags about a stock car like that is kind of funny because there will always be someone with more money than you that can buy a better stock car or could afford your car. I'm not bragging I have a WRX over the SRT-4. I think that many of the people that buy an SRT-4 could also afford a WRX. My point was that I had the option of purchasing a SRT-4 but didn't. I felt the WRX had advantages that benefited me.
    I understand what you are saying. However it doesn't matter whether the car is stock or not. The same applies, the more money, the more mods. Having more mods does give you the right to brag. It means you have more mods. Building the car, THAT gives you the right to brag.

That Hemidakota guy is a real piece of work. He's gottah be one of those guys that have nothing better to do than to hate everything thats not American made. I think cars really show what kind of person you can be. I should refer you this post:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=27424
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

this thread is back to life.

To me, SRT and WRX both have crappy interior. I don't think they can get any worse. It's worse than Hyundai XG300.

I personally think that having the torque differential AWD with LSD is a lot safer then FWD.

FWD is safe to a point and it does handle better then RWD, but there is still a big difference between sophisticated AWD and FWD.

For that reason, I would rather buy WRX then SRT 4.

You know, straight line performance is good, but if I want some real American straight line power, I'll get a used Camero SS or Mustang GT (which you could get one for the price or WRX or SRT not these days). -97 Stang Cobra SVT is in that price range too.

I just think SRT 4 doesn't really have a legacy yet to even be compared with Mustang (especially 2005 mustang GT) and camero's or firehawk/firebird. It's the raw prowlessness that these cars posess that SRT lacks.

I think without legacy on domastic cars, it's a faire game for domastics with import cars.

But I know that deep inside, AWD is the most safe drive train out there in the market now. Because the weather can't be always sunny at 82 degrees.

If Neon came out with a sophicated and proven drivetrain (AWD), I would consider SRT 4 as the car of my choice.

I'm so excited that SRT 4 owners are having debates with WRX owners, since this could only result in better cars for tomorrow!

I just wish we had less teenage hormone eruption, causing dilluted thoughts about who's car's better. Because they're all great cars with its own advantage.

let's not turn this into Jerry Springer show.

Originally posted by nyxjf
    this thread is back to life.

To me, SRT and WRX both have crappy interior. I don't think they can get any worse. It's worse than Hyundai XG300.
    They do have good interiors. I was suprised too.

Originally posted by swipe112
    Don't worry about the guys over at SRT. I swear that the average age over there must be 16.
    Yeah, like 3 crazy/senile 150 year olds, and the rest are like 6 years old or younger. Like Hemidakota.

Yellow SRT-4's are da bomb damnit. I choose you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pikachu.gif  
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

Ever met someone, such as a friend of a friend, and you jsut didn't like them at all? He/she isn't a bad person. They haven't done anything to you, but no matter what, yo ujust didn't like their vibes?

I'm the same way with cars. The SRT4 gives off strange vibes. I don't know what it is. Not the domestic stigma, not the tire-melting performance. I just don't like the vibe.

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    FWD is safe to a point and it does handle better then RWD, but there is still a big difference between sophisticated AWD and FWD.
    FWD Handles better than RWD? Are you joking? There is NO advantage i can think of that FWD has (for the consumer at least).

LOL! who said FWD is better at handling than RWD?

Dodge used to say the same thing back in the 90s when they were trying to sell those crappy turbo daytonas. Nobody bought it though, nor the cars.

Originally posted by Shard
    FWD Handles better than RWD? Are you joking? There is NO advantage i can think of that FWD has (for the consumer at least).
    S
    N
    O
    W

Originally posted by 2001S4
    S
    N
    O
    W
    Even so it doesn't HANDLE BETTER, it's just more predictable and easy to control.

Who cares were beating a dead horse!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.