wow... srt forums - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wow... srt forums within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2001S4 Great post rayray, very well said. Skoobywrx, this is what I meant. Your post is no ...

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Great post rayray, very well said. Skoobywrx, this is what I meant. Your post is no different then theirs. Does it make you OR them bad people? No. But the langauge, sarcasm, and personal pride are the SAME.
    Amen..

But I found it strange that the same people who talked trash about Rex also complimented it in the other thread. hmph.. I guess they're confused at times?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Strength by numbers?

Remember, a person is smart, people are stupid.

Just take riots for example. Most people that take part in riots would never do what they do when they're rioting. But you get a bunch of people together they loose their minds.

Just like the kids that travel in packs so they can be punks.
    '89 Ford Bronco, 5.8L - Custom Stereo, Custom Exaust

Future plans to get a WRX.
    Working on it! Hopefully in September.

yeah there's a lot of ignorance and misunderstanding on the srtforums. i guess its true, power corrupts.

i post over there once in a while, try not to come across as a troll. some "anti-wrx" threads are so rediculous its not even worth the time posting.

who buys a performance car for the interior?

I am offering my unbiased opinion being from the Altima Forum and I must say, the qulity of life is, on average a little better over here.
    2002 Altima SE 5sp
    Slightly Modded

2001S4, I agree with you for the most part, but I do think that the general level of discussion is a bit higher here, which is why I keep coming back, even though I don't own a WRX. There are definitely a goodly share of "My car is wonderful and I base all my self-esttem on it being better than all other cars" here, too.

And you must admit, the SRT guy makes some valid points about the WRX:

3. too heavy: It's pretty heavy for a compact car, AWD or no.
    5. your MOMO steering wheel is cool I like it, your horn has a better tone, your stereo sucks, speakers suck: The speakers do suck. And the wheel is cool.
    6. crappy rims, crappy tires crappy brakes: Not so sure about the brakes, but the rims and tires are kinda crappy. C'mon. Admit it.
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

Originally posted by Necros
    2001S4, I agree with you for the most part, but I do think that the general level of discussion is a bit higher here, which is why I keep coming back, even though I don't own a WRX. There are definitely a goodly share of "My car is wonderful and I base all my self-esttem on it being better than all other cars" here, too.

And you must admit, the SRT guy makes some valid points about the WRX:

3. too heavy: It's pretty heavy for a compact car, AWD or no.
    5. your MOMO steering wheel is cool I like it, your horn has a better tone, your stereo sucks, speakers suck: The speakers do suck. And the wheel is cool.
    6. crappy rims, crappy tires crappy brakes: Not so sure about the brakes, but the rims and tires are kinda crappy. C'mon. Admit it.
    The real thing is that no matter what car forum you go on, you will always have those that say that their car is the greatest for this reason or that reason. It happens everywhere and is just a fact of life. I guess my whole point is simply that they really are no different on the srt forum as the people here, for the most part. You will get a few morons over there that post the trash, and you DO get the same type of morons over here who also type the same kinda trash. I basically am giving my opinion as an outsider, as I don't own a WRX. From my point of view, the posts look the same, just from the opposing team.

Originally posted by Necros
    Rims are ugly, but CHEAP as can be to snag a set. I got a set wrapped in Falken Ziex 712s(512s?) for 350 bucks. The tires still had some of the mold nubbies on em. Thats four rims, four tires for the price of the set of tires, not too bad eh? Decently lighweight(these were 99 RS rims, 1/2 wider and 1/2 pound lighter). I can deal with ugly tires/rims if they roll and keep the car on the road. The plan is to destroy the Falkens and wrap some S-03's on em. Then have some parking lot fun with the REtard92's and burn em up quickly and then find some gravel/snow tires and mount those up. All told, 500-600(800 for rims and all) and I have two sets of killer tires, ohhh yeah.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by 2001S4
    The real thing is that no matter what car forum you go on, you will always have those that say that their car is the greatest for this reason or that reason. It happens everywhere and is just a fact of life. I guess my whole point is simply that they really are no different on the srt forum as the people here, for the most part. You will get a few morons over there that post the trash, and you DO get the same type of morons over here who also type the same kinda trash. I basically am giving my opinion as an outsider, as I don't own a WRX. From my point of view, the posts look the same, just from the opposing team.
    Well said!! Couldn't have said it any better myself!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

The funniest thing about cars and bragging to me is the fact that if I can afford a WRX, I can afford a SRT-4. So why didn't I buy the SRT-4? A couple of reasons that don't need stated again.

I will probably be buying an EVO next summer. Will I start ragging on the WRX then? Hell no. I will always have respect for it. I even have respect for the SRT-4. Just not some of the owners.

Im not sure about all of you, but anyone that has a different opinion than me and my friends plain out sux. That being said, I still expect people to be rational in their comments, no matter what side they are from or what they are arguing about. I wont say that an F-body has weak lowend torque, I wont say that the srt-4 cant run a qtr mile, and I wont say that Tim Duncan is a bad basketball player either. Me not liking any of these things doesnt give me the right or make me feel the need to bash them. Now if I have actual PROOF otherwise with little numbers that can be registered as FACT, thats another story. Just My Opinion. Hmmm.....maybe thats the way all posts should be ended from now on....Just My Opinion haha

Oh yeah, does the AWD really weigh 900lbs? I had never really thought about it.
    Last edited by Cincy-Rex; 06-09-2003 at 06:10 PM.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

Did anyone else find it funny when he said all our car can do is take corners fast because of the AWD, but hteres more to handling then that.

On a different note, I try not to get caught up in this troll stuff and otehr boards that are posted on by idiots. While I read other boards because I am a car enthusiast I close a post that has that immature childish look to it and not read on because I hate ignorance. I doont care like the SRT-4 like the WRX like the damn Geo Metro its your choice but atleast be open minded to other cars and not hate on it. That SRT-4 thread just looks like a punch of post pubescent(sp?) boys living a Fast an bicurious fantasy.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I thought it was funny that interior comparison thread didn't have any picture of the interiors from both of the threads.

so here it is.

I don't know, from a designer point of view, the WRX interior is much more sophicated and elegant, but ergonomics wise, can't beat those big AC control buttons.

It's just that I don't know why AC is on the top of the center console on the SRT 4 when most people use radio function more then the AC.

Functionally, I think WRX is made well. EVen the slight tilt on the WRX is fairely more substancial then straight and rounded off center console that SRT has.

The finish wise, the WRX is very well done. It doesn't look cheap like most import/domastic cars in their price range, but rather delightful (far as the cheap interiors goes, and both cars have cheap interiors compared to Accord, Audi, BMW or other slightly higher end model vehicles. However at their price point, it's reasonable).

The dodge interior is slightly moderate in texture department, since they didn't considered the point of texture into their design. Also the gauge overhead leans and isn't very asymetric, which isn't a bad thing, but it creates a certain abstraction in the interior of dodge. As if the interior is protruding toward driver instead of being solid in its own right.

I just wish that WRX had a 3 spoke steering wheels, rather then the 4 point. That would be the biggest flaw in the interior of WRX. Otherwise I would rather prefer WRX interior to SRT 4's.

EDIT: My comparson side picture isn't working right now. If you someone wants to, you could put one up. thanks.
    Last edited by ex-screamer5300; 06-09-2003 at 07:13 PM.

Originally posted by milenko11
    The funniest thing about cars and bragging to me is the fact that if I can afford a WRX, I can afford a SRT-4. So why didn't I buy the SRT-4? A couple of reasons that don't need stated again.

I will probably be buying an EVO next summer. Will I start ragging on the WRX then? Hell no. I will always have respect for it. I even have respect for the SRT-4. Just not some of the owners.
    Sorry, but I think that is a lame argument. No offense to you, I see it quite often. "Bragging rights" in itself is pretty lame. The ONLY time I can say I will give someone their bragging rights is when they build the car from scratch themselves. Probably not even a kit car, maybe, but doubtful. If you can build a car from scratch, THEN you deserve all the bragging rights.

It's also funny that porsche and ferrari owners don't seem to have a bickering argument over whos car's better.

let us be car enthusiasts, not sadistic car owners.

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    It's also funny that porsche and ferrari owners don't seem to have a bickering argument over whos car's better.

let us be car enthusiasts, not sadistic car owners.
    Yes, for a noob you speak very wisely.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast