wow... srt forums - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wow... srt forums within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you think the SRT forums are bad, check out the my350z forums. They keep of killing everything on wheels ...

If you think the SRT forums are bad, check out the my350z forums. They keep of killing everything on wheels including LS1's, ferrari modena, vetts. Mustang are no challange and they can keep up with 2003 cobras on top end.

Once the new car hype wears off, they will finally accept that they have a 14 sec car. The S2000 forums was the same way, but now they have believable stories.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, I wish I would have found this thread earlier!! Thanks Eli for pointing me in this direction.

OK, where do I start? I try to represent the SRT-4 community the best way I can, but, let's face it, there is always going to be a bonehead that makes EVERYONE look like asses. In recent months, we have a BUNCH of boneheads (young immature kids-and no offense to you other youngins') buy the SRT-4 and act real cocky about it and act real immature about it. SRTforums has a great CORE of owner enthusiasts but we have some haters as well.

Now, we do at times have to fight a bunch trolls that give us no respect. Dodge is the new kid in school, and everyone is making fun of him and all he is trying to do is fit in. There are countless times that we have to defend the car from every other car remotely close in class.

I find flame wars to be rediculous. (yes, I have participated in a few cause I'm not a saint!) It is much easier to get a long. We have a couple resident WRX owners at our forum that are great, HighwayDrifter for one. Hell yesterday he helped us fight an idiotic supra owner!

All I am hoping for is that you not group ALL SRT-4 owners in one big stereotype. I believe that once things settle down, and the newness dies everything will be fine.

I just can't wait until the Chevy Cobalt SS and the Saturn Ion Redline come out so they take the spotlight with them!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Cobalt SS

Speaking of the Cobalt and SS, I work for Marketing and Advertising for Chevrolet. I've seen the pre-production foam models and have to say Chevy is going in the right direction with this one. All those who sneered at the Cavalier and rightly so, will be pleasantly surprised.

Yea, SRTforums has taken on a lot of idiots recently. I have a hard time reading most of the post over there, and I hadn't even looked at the above topic before seeing it on this forum. Much like any forum, there are core enthuists and there are idiots. You can't group them all togther.

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/view...er=asc&start=0
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Well, it really makes sense that neon owners seem like young punks, because they most likely are (young at least). The lower that you price a vehicle, the lower the income level required to be able to afford it. A lower income level means a younger age group (not as far along in their careers) will come into the picture. I would bet that the average age here, for example, is lower than at a M3 forum. It's no surprise then that the srt crowd seems childish at times b/c some of them (not all) really are.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    i'm just wondering if you're trying to say that you're above us WRX owners? i'm not being a smartass....serious question.
    I have read their posts and I DID read the thread, it is a bit long but I read it. What makes you different? They defend their car, you defend yours? How are they different. I read posts from one or two people that was immature, other than that it was fine, just like here. So what makes YOU better than THEM? You seriously ask me if I think I am better that you or above you just cause I comment on this site being basically the same as theirs? Come on. Are you friggin kidding me? Now YOU sound like the one or two people over there that you are knocking.
    Last edited by 2001S4; 06-06-2003 at 10:37 AM.

I have never understood any of this crap to be honest with you. We're talking about cars here, not sports. In sports, trash talking happens and you settle it on the field, with YOUR skills to boot. Its not about money, its not about mommy and daddy, etc.. .Its about you.

Car forums crack me up, all this trash talking about machines that do all the work for you. Please...its about money, nothing more, nothing less. Yes, that is a slight exaggeration since building the car takes enormous skills, but please - most of that is due to the money you have. And I run across so many kids that have everything funded to them, so where's the challenge in that?

Its not like you've gotta spend 6 hours a day, 365 days a year shooting free throws to make the pros. Its not skills, its not physical strength and it sure as hell ain't mental fortitude. Its money...

The crap talking never ceases to amaze me. Its like listening to club players talk ****...because no one's a pro around any of these sites. Street racers are no different than street ballers...and I don't mean that in the sense that you shouldn't street race or it isn't fun. Just that talking **** about it, well, its stupid.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Well said smokey......BTW, GTP own3z all
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Everyone knows the SRT-4 is the superior car... from speed to quality.. its the second coming of the car gods... let them talk their ****, our hood scoops are still functional
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

drizze is one of the many srt owners i like. there are, though, a lot of jackasses that i feel it is no longer worth arguing with. they are just so stubborn and ignorant.

i've just learned to live with these bs remarks they're making cause at the end of the day, I STILL LOVE MY CAR.

I for one will remain blase about the whole matter until the internet masses finally come to their senses and realize that there is not a better automotive expression of vehicular freedom than the revered (by me) Suzuki Aerio.

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Don't you mean the Geo Metro!?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Some people are in such desperate need of external validation that if anyone has the audacity to disagree with their choice of transportation they become very threatened. There are things that I am proud of- I'll not list them here, but my car is NOT one of them. I BOUGHT the damn thing. It was a CHOICE, and one based largely on economics and practicality. My ***** didnt grow 5 inches the day I drove it off the lot. Driving and tweaking it are ENTERTAINMENT, not a reflection of my worth as a human being (at least I hope that is the case- Im no better than fair at driving, and i absolutely SUCK as a wrench). Soooo...if these people in the SRT forum (or any other, for that matter) are so sensitive, sometimes its easier to let the kid have the ice cream than to take it away from them and have to endure the tantrum.
    -Ray

who wants to drive in a straight line all the time anyways?

isnt more fun to have a Neon race us off the line, OWN us towards some canyons, and then watch them from behind, slippin and sliding all the way up and down a mountain road.........

Cars, perform different in different scenarios, too bad, they just like to go straight.......

Originally posted by skoobywrx
    who wants to drive in a straight line all the time anyways?

isnt more fun to have a Neon race us off the line, OWN us towards some canyons, and then watch them from behind, slippin and sliding all the way up and down a mountain road.........

Cars, perform different in different scenarios, too bad, they just like to go straight.......
    Great post rayray, very well said. Skoobywrx, this is what I meant. Your post is no different then theirs. Does it make you OR them bad people? No. But the langauge, sarcasm, and personal pride are the SAME.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast