STi vs. EVO vs. SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. EVO vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5002...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh god... can we please not degrade the STi or the EVO by comparing them with the srt, fast car but not even in the same class... koyo said it best.... look down
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I would have to agree, simply not in the same class. Any car can be made to go fast, no doubt about it. You could make a yugo beat a STI. I have seen the SRT-4 in person and compared to a STI its just out classed. A 0-60 or a 1/4 mile test is one thing, but their are so many other things to consider in a car, but for some people thats all that matters. Id take an impreza over a neon any day. Just something to back up this fact.

Their fourm has 1500 users. Their SRT-4 Problems/Dealer Service fourm is 7 pages long.

ClubWRX has close to 7000 users, our Maintenence and Service fourm is 2 pages.

Nasioc has 30,000 users, and their service section is only 5 pages long.

Maybe I am not seeing things right???
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 06-05-2003 at 11:53 PM.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

The thing is, that the few mods done to the srt makes it a contender against the evo and sti in terms of straight line performance. Hell, the srt is not even in the same class as the wrx. The srt is suppose to compete against all sport compacts under 20k. But we all compare them (wrx vs srt) anyway for their similar stock performance numbers.

Haha I like the statement:

"if STI wasn't a 2.5L motor with very aggressive gears it would have been all over"

Well damn, if the SRt-4 didnt have a turbo it would be all over!
    04 SVT Lightning

And if the STi didn't have a turbo.

And if the Evo didn't have a turbo.

Stop your crying. Obviously, those guys at TurboXS know what the heck they are talking about. I'm sorry, but I share the same enthusiasm as they do. The SRT-4 is damn freakin impressive.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Shaitiger, I have nothing against the SRT-4 at all, infact I like it. I also dont "cry" over such trivial subjects. By the way, you do NOT need to come to its defense everytime you feel it is threatened. You are blatantly predictable.

I merely made that sarcasitic comment to display how ridiculous such comments sound, regardless of the vehicle in context. Funny how you turn a blind eye when such a ridiculous comment is made toward the STi. I never questioned TurboXS and the extent of their knowledge.
    04 SVT Lightning

srt4 is a great bang for the buck car. You can make that car a freeway monster adn street bruiser rather easily. Lot of haters around here everyone should just sit back and enjoy the competition.

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    And if the STi didn't have a turbo.

And if the Evo didn't have a turbo.

Stop your crying. Obviously, those guys at TurboXS know what the heck they are talking about. I'm sorry, but I share the same enthusiasm as they do. The SRT-4 is damn freakin impressive.

?
    - Jason

South East Region
    2002 Black and Bronze WRX

"hihihi" - R.I.P. Jonathan Braxton Hawkins -

Shaitiger shows his mental capacity and comprehension skills once again.

Take it for what it's worth, but all Nathan was trying to do with that post was to inform us of his recent findings. He simply found out that with about $500.00 in mods this little 20k car turns into a real beast.

You have to admit for 20k, this car can be easily modded to terrorize a lot of cars on the market much more expensive than itself.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Relax Fancy, you say you were merely making a sarcasitic comment to display how ridiculous such comments sound. Obviously, we share the same thoughts on those ridiculous comments .

Oh, and about turning my eye away from the STi, you have no idea what I've been through on F-body boards when defending the WRX or Sti.

Baluchitherium4, still mad you got beat by an SRT-4 I see .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 06-06-2003 at 10:58 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    You have to admit for 20k, this car can be easily modded to terrorize a lot of cars on the market much more expensive than itself.
    Amen brother!!!!

Thanks for always being so civil drizze99, I will take it for what its worth.

Shait, I have seen you defend the WRX on oter boards when others wouldnt and that shows the capacity of your character. Thats why I thought it was "funny" as in weird
    04 SVT Lightning

Umm, I haven't even seen an SRT4 on the street. How could I race one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.