STi vs. EVO vs. SRT-4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. EVO vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The fastest road course cars in the world are RWD. The fastest public street course cars are RWD. Why all ...

The fastest road course cars in the world are RWD.
    The fastest public street course cars are RWD.

Why all the bickering.

We are both behind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Trypsin
    The fastest public street course cars are RWD.

Why all the bickering.

We are both behind.

I don't know which car you're referring to, but it is true that fastest course cars are RWD. But are you talking about the stock form car or mod cars? Also, different tracks produce different track time for different cars. One car could be faster at one course and could be slow at the other course.

Fastest stock, track cars usually have a traction controls.

But, we're all behind. However, WRX does give run for their money.

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    What determines a good car is the track time.

I would like to know the modified SRT 4's track time vs, STock STI's track numbers.

because the real roads aren't straight.
    Check out OneLap. There was a lightly modified SRT (LSD, stage 1, ACR Struts, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, wheels/tires) with an excellent driver who took 8th OVERALL against vipers, vetts, lambos, subies, evo's, etc. All the cars in OLA are modified, and this SRT took 8th overall.

Everyone seems to forget the autoX history of the neons. The chassis is incredibly stiff, and with some camber plates, upgraded struts (like the ACR's), and the LSD (which will be stock in 2k4), the SRT will make a hell of a road racer. It's even doing pretty good in it's class at rallys. Much like the WRX, this car can do everything pretty well.

As for the haters or whatever, the arugment gets old. I invite any subie owner who wants to check out an SRT in real life, not just what you read or assume, to PM me and we'll meet up somewhere in MI. Every subie owner i've ever given a ride to came away with at least respect for this car. You don't have to love it, but the lack of respect people have for each other kills me. This srt vs wrx ****s old.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by Trypsin

That's because the rules don't allow AWD.

'90 SCCA ITA Miata

Drizzie99-

Ok ok ok....you proved a point and as much as I dont like to say it, I am wrong about the heavily moded statement I made, my b.
    BUT I still wouldnt trust that car as far as I could throw it. As was posted earlier by somebody else, the problems that some people are having w/ that car seem to be more trouble than its worth...Its just a typical american car...sorry, it sucks, but its true.
    The car is still modded w/ a boost controller etc and that is the only reason why it could potentially mess w/ an STi....put equivelent parts on the STi and the SRT-4 just wont even stand a chance....hell put a boost controller on a regular WRX and I bet that the SRT-4 would have some problems then too.
    Now, you can yap all you want saying that I dont know what I'm talkin about in too much power etc, but this rule applies w/ all cars (yes my WRX included) and its a simple one. Cars are only designed to handle so much power, you mod it too much and something bad is going to happen. So if you spec out your little Dodge too much it wont be able to handle the power and you'll blow something (and I'm sure that it would take alot of power to do this, even NOS would wear away at the parts after time), unlike a STi which has forged parts where you could dump a crap load of mods in and wont have to worry about it.
    Thats all I was trying to say. Good effort by Dodge to come up w/ a cheaper car, but in the end, thats what it really is, just cheap. Sorry, I dont mean to be rude or anything, but w/ the money you spend, usually comes quality.

-Lt. Boom Stick

Originally posted by ebbtide
    This srt vs wrx ****s old.
    this is the wrx vs. the world forum, you'd be mistaken if you excpected anything different.

there's nothing wrong with how the srt4 handles, i hear it handles great, just that the physics of putting large amounts of power through the front wheels is a bigger challenge than routing it through the rear or all 4.

Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    Drizzie99-

Ok ok ok....you proved a point and as much as I dont like to say it, I am wrong about the heavily moded statement I made, my b.
    BUT I still wouldnt trust that car as far as I could throw it. As was posted earlier by somebody else, the problems that some people are having w/ that car seem to be more trouble than its worth...Its just a typical american car...sorry, it sucks, but its true.
    The car is still modded w/ a boost controller etc and that is the only reason why it could potentially mess w/ an STi....put equivelent parts on the STi and the SRT-4 just wont even stand a chance....hell put a boost controller on a regular WRX and I bet that the SRT-4 would have some problems then too.
    Now, you can yap all you want saying that I dont know what I'm talkin about in too much power etc, but this rule applies w/ all cars (yes my WRX included) and its a simple one. Cars are only designed to handle so much power, you mod it too much and something bad is going to happen. So if you spec out your little Dodge too much it wont be able to handle the power and you'll blow something (and I'm sure that it would take alot of power to do this, even NOS would wear away at the parts after time), unlike a STi which has forged parts where you could dump a crap load of mods in and wont have to worry about it.
    Thats all I was trying to say. Good effort by Dodge to come up w/ a cheaper car, but in the end, thats what it really is, just cheap. Sorry, I dont mean to be rude or anything, but w/ the money you spend, usually comes quality.

-Lt. Boom Stick
    I'm not trying to flame or anything, I mean no disrespect. The only problem with the above statement is that Phatridz's SRT is putting over 850 hp out with Stock Block, Stock Crank, and Stock heads. The SRT's engine is a rock solid piece. While it's yet to 'prove' itself in America, it's been in Mexico for years without problems. The engine will take all the power in the world. The better question is about the drive train, and exactly how much power becomes too much in a front driver. It's very true that with this much power, a FWD car can become a monster. Hopefully, SRT folks will tune their suspension and drivetrain as much as their engine to be able to compete with modded WRX's, STi's EVo's etc. Of course, that's like saying I hope Civic owners will put all their money into performance instead of Rice. To each his own I guess.

The idea that because the SRT is a Dodge it can't be a quality product is stupid. Car companys reputation means nothing anymore. DCX is under new managment, and the PVO engineers are well versed in the performance game. From the guys who build the Viper GTSR race cars, to the oldschool GLHS guys.
    It amazes me that people on this board will complain about how SRTforums has immature comments about other cars, and turn around and use the same old "it's a neon" fallacy. Again, I invite any WRX owner in the area to come and see an SRT in real life, and make your arguments then.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    Drizzie99-

-Lt. Boom Stick
    EVERY car has it's limitations, EVEN the STi. Don't get me wrong, forged internals are great from a factory car. One thing you need to understand is that this car (engine) was designed by PVO (performance vehicle operations) and is engineered to handle power. This engine can handle 350hp to the wheels BEFORE you need to upgrade ANY of the stock internals. With that being said, why do you think Mopar is coming out with a Stage 3 upgrade kit that will push 300hp/300t on this car if it couldn't handle it?

What are problems that were mentioned earlier? I am sorry that you got burned in the past by a domestic, but grouping them all together in one big stereotype is being close minded. I know numerous people that have had a lot of problems with imports.

Here are a few simple facts in life:

There is ALWAYS going to be a car/truck faster than you.
    EVERY car manufacturer has problems with there automobiles.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Jesus christ I just cant seem to say anything w/out pissin somebody off !

First, before I continue, I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off, but w/ my previous experiences w/ Dodges, I've become an opinionated a-hole. Now, I never said that Dodge sucked, I just wouldnt drive one after owning one let alone the miserable week of driving a 2002 dodge neon while my car was in the body shop (b/c somebody hit it in a parkin lot, dented it and didnt tell me ). They just werent that good (hence the POS comment) and so therefore have made a solid impression in my mind as to their lack of quality.

Drizzie99, its amusing b/c I think you and I are actually pretty much alike, we easily get pissed when somebody attacks our rides. I went lookin through the SRT-4 forum and I noticed you blasted a couple of people who came on and made rash statements....just as I've been blastin you and your mighty SRT-4 statements

With all that being said, fine the engine is good (but not forged which was my point), however it lacks in handling b/c it doesnt have any limited slip differentials, the dampening could use a little work and sure it will give a regular WRX a run for its money, but will never have the quality and craftsmanship that an EVO and STi have. So for $20k, yeah you're gettin a good car that you can dump mods into, but overall, QUALITY wise you still end up w/ a car that doesnt handle as well and will end up losing time in corners etc. I guess whats really bothering me is how will that car do in a couple of years? After dealing w/ american cars for my whole life, I know they all start to crap out, whereas a good japanese car will last longer. Fine you have a good car for now, but drop a post in a couple of years and we'll take up the argument then. Until then, all you SRT junkies that pop on here I wont bother you unless you bother me Enjoy your ride (I mean that in a good way).

-Lt. Boom Stick

I'm actually pretty upset that when I'm drivin down the road not a single SRT-4 has wanted to play w/ me...where r u Boston SRT drivers...bring the fun!

Boom Stick, I'm not getting upset. It's all good!! I was just informing you that this car is different than your "typical" domestic. I just wanted to give you some key facts about the car. This is a discussion forum right? We are disussing right? I have no hard feelings for you and I hope you can say the same about me.

I popped over to this forum because of it overall quality of members that can hold a discussion and not be immature about it. Sure, I've already have had a couple of kindergarten kids try and flame, but no forum is perfect.

You are right about the car not being proven (in the US). Only time will tell and we will see. I don't plan on going anywhere, so you will see me around here!!

I blast non informed immature kids (usually trolls). I wasn't trying to blast you. I am a big fan of sport compact cars especially the WRX and STi version. I am organizing a SRT/WRX meet next month so alot of us in the NorthEast region can meet and learn about each others cars and have fun.

Peace Bro......

Why come and state stuff in our forums then?, we obviously know about the STi, EVO, WRX, and SRT-4... This is just a waste of a thread

by the way, i want info on that meet, pm me

Drizzie99

I wasnt tryin to flame either just pointin out an opinion, just as you were tryin to point out yours...so yes indeed it is all good
    I've actually seen your post on the meet and would attend, but the drive would be murder! However it would be fun to check out the SRT-4 upclose and see whats hiding under the hood (as I've only seen parked ones and ones that wouldnt play on the road).
    If you know of any SRT-4 drivers here in MA, tell them be friendly and lets have some fun on the road
    Love, peace and of course lots of extra chicken grease, I'm out of this thread.

-Lt. Boom Stick.

Originally posted by RyKling
    Why come and state stuff in our forums then?, we obviously know about the STi, EVO, WRX, and SRT-4... This is just a waste of a thread
    Someone from this forum started this thread!! Why can't we learn about each others rides? If you're not interested, then don't read the thread, it's as simple as that!

PM sent!

third gear roll

A stock wrx will not pull on a srt from a roll.Tryed three time
    from a third gear roll! From the top of third till 75mph it was all him he was playin with me and he was stock in too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.