STi vs. EVO vs. SRT-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. EVO vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thats fine and good and all, but these races seem to be from rolling, taking away AWD advantages. The last ...

Thats fine and good and all, but these races seem to be from rolling, taking away AWD advantages. The last of the races a roll was offered up to the SRT and he didnt acknowledge the STi, just went ahead and punched it at the light. Am I missing something? Lets see how the SRT does in cornering, or heaven forbid, rain/snow. Not knockin on the SRT by any means, its a great 20k car, fast as a mofo, in the straight. Putting the SRT up against the evo and STi only in competition of its strength is like me challenging shaq to a game of basketball, only thing is he we can only shoot 3's and not play defense. Just my opinion.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They are pretty blatantly making noise to sell mods. "Look kiddies you can jack up your Neon to beat STi and Evo and be teh fastest car evar!"

Yo

I had a chance to go against a SRT4 w/ MBC and it was very comparable to a WRX w/ a uppipe, downpipe, catback, and MBC. I need to run him again since I have the UTEC now but it's not tunned. I think the SRT4 is definitely the best bang for the buck at $20K and I drive a WRX. I think Nathan made a conclusion that a STI w/ a turboback produced 300whp and 290ft/lbs. The more I see the STI the more I want it ... 300whp ... umm that's like 60-70 whp MORE than mine. I think it's great than other manufacturers out there are realizing our niche market and producing products to drive prices hopefully down. My goal is to have a daily driver which does 0-60 in <3.9. If a stock STI is doing it in 4.5+/- and add another 40hp it should be close ... ummm 300whp w/ "only" a turboback. Damn do I want a STI ... umm in white. Well I'm just enjoying life now w/ NO car payments.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

evo, wrx, sti, srt - in one way or another i like them all. i could give a rats ass about which is the overall fastest. first look at the WRX and its potential - that is what i decided to go with. for me its no more than a grocery getter...i'll never be able to launch it well because i will never try. WRX was the best buy for me - brutal winters so the AWD was a no brainer and i prefer its look over both SRT and EVO. however...i would be more than glad to check out, admire, and appreciate the 'competition'.

I am curious as to why they would install a BOV to enhance the performance on a stock turbo.

Seriously, I dont know.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Well, yeah, you live in an area that gets ugly rain storms and long winters, you want something thats safe. You cant beat AWD, I don't care who you are.....unless you turn a mini into a snomobile like on Monster Garage.
    '89 Ford Bronco, 5.8L - Custom Stereo, Custom Exaust

Future plans to get a WRX.
    Working on it! Hopefully in September.

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    They are pretty blatantly making noise to sell mods. "Look kiddies you can jack up your Neon to beat STi and Evo and be teh fastest car evar!"
    i totally respect the guys at turboxs but thats somewhat of the impression i got too. cant blame them, its a great buisness oportunity.

the sti and evo are well rounded sports sedans. with the srt4 a lot of guys are going to end up with 300+ hp to the front wheels on the stock drivetrain, it may be faster from a roll, but might not fair as well in other situatuions. Definitly will get harder to control on launches and most likely exiting corners as well.

I would just be plain embarrased to post on a NEON forum.

Ouch, it had to of hurt when all of those guys got their balls cut off.
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Ok, after driving american cars all my life I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THEM AGAIN!!!!! I dont care if Dodge handed me the keys to a new SRT-4 and said, "Here is $1,500, tune it and have a blast". There is a drastic difference between the performance of an american front or rear wheel drive and a Subaru AWD...

Now I understand that part of the argument is that for less money you get more power, but the funny thing about this link is that its a MODED SRT-4 (and altough it doesnt say, I bet its a heavily moded SRT-4 b/c they only do 0-60 in 5.9 compared to a below 5.0 sec for a stock EVO and STi) that is taking on a stock STi and a EVO. The whole point is that w/ an STi (I dont know about the EVO) you're getting forged parts, AWD, and an overall better built car, that's why you pay the extra cash for the Subaru and Mitsu...I dont think the SRT-4 forum understands that.

SO, when their busted up POS blows throws a rod or they mod it soooo much that the engine cant handle the power its putting out, it will be the STi and EVO owners laughing.

-Lt. Boom Stick

Sorry to any SRT-4 fans, but the SRT-4 doesnt even belong in the same class as the EVO or the STi.

Im sure the SRt-4 engine is capable of holding a lot of power...Remember this is not the "Neon" of old. This is something new to be respected.
    04 SVT Lightning

Boom Stick, before you and spout out a bunch of numbers and call my car a POS you should do some research so you don't sound stupid.

The TXS SRT-4 *ONLY* has an improved wastegate kit ($150.00 from AGP Turbo), a TXS Boost controller ($129.00 TXS site), and a TXS RFL BOV ($179.00 TXS site).

So, do call this "heavily modded"? I don't think so!!

ALMOST everyone on here is STILL missing the point on the thread!! Did he say that the cars were in the same calss? Oh, and I also like your comment about the car going to blow up when modded. It's just more proof that you have no idea of what you are talking about.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Srt-4

I like the srt-4 but .... I smoked 2 of them already. From 3rd gear and from a launch All i have is Exhaust, Intake, BOV. Which dont do much except for the DP.

Re: Srt-4

Originally posted by MetaLFaceDoom
    I like the srt-4 but .... I smoked 2 of them already. From 3rd gear and from a launch All i have is Exhaust, Intake, BOV. Which dont do much except for the DP.
    Hey good for you! The SRT-4 Is not the fastest car out there and there is always going to be something that is faster.

Are you still running 3 cats? I know removing the cats on the WRX does wonders!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I always wondered why the Japanese never made a factory car fwd car with a turbo. It's just a thought as the only traction problems I've seen are during start from a stop. Other than that, I don't hear too many cars having traction problems from a roll.

Case in point, Best Motoring Ring had a tuner car shootout. The first place car was a Mines EVO 4 (this thing pulled a high 12 second quarter mile in heavy rain which kinda scares me what it would do in the dry). However, the second place car was a Civic Type R that had a turbo pumping out 400 hp. While it had a little trouble laying power in the corners (guess with that hp even LSD doesn't help), it chewed up cars badly during the straightaways. The tuner used to sell this 400 hp CTR in Japan for the price of 40k USD.

Anyways, went off-topic, why doesn't Japan build a high hp FWD car? I'm fairly sure they have the capabilities to do it well and also keep the good handling (look at the ITR and CTR).

What determines a good car is the track time.

I would like to know the modified SRT 4's track time vs, STock STI's track numbers.

because the real roads aren't straight.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast