350Z v WRX (VS0)

This is a discussion on 350Z v WRX (VS0) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Will a stock 350z hand me my ass with a Vishnu Stage 0 (pulley, uppipe, IC hoses and reflash) from ...

350Z v WRX (VS0)

Will a stock 350z hand me my ass with a Vishnu Stage 0 (pulley, uppipe, IC hoses and reflash) from a roll?

A friend of a friend is talking much ish, which I so far have taken. But if I can win, then well, with the size of his ego I may be at Vishnu Stage 1 or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should be good with a VS0, even from a roll. it should be close though. race him and find out is what i say
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

you should pull from a roll. do a search for "350Z" or something like that to find other races that people have posted, i know i remember reading (and posting) some. you wont massacre him, but expect to slowly put a couple carlengths on him from a roll, as long as you arent starting from a real high speed.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

350z kill

wrinkleboi,
    I recently took a 350z on Route 1 coming off of 76. We were lined up at the 3rd or 4th light on router 1 north and ran until the light before Adams Ave. He rolled his window down and suggested we run until "you finally give up".
    I fell for it, and couldn't let him get away with that sarcastic comment. So I rev'd it and slipped the clutch perfectly and had him by a car length in 2nd gear. I lost half a length by 3rd but it's probably a 2 mile stretch and it ended with me winning by 1/2 car.
    After that win I took her home and gave her a good washing and rubbed her down with some polish and wax!
    Last edited by turboroo03; 06-08-2003 at 05:15 PM.

In my brother's WRX wagon, we were able to spank a 350Z, no problem. AWD is a wonderful thing...

RN

i beat one froma stoplight to about 110 or so... but from a 35-40 mph roll on it was dead even.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Yo

You should be fine w/ a Stage 0 ... a STI and I were just coming back from having some fun and I also had another passenger w/ me. We went off the line but I did NOT launch. He was 1/2 a car ahead of me and then 4K came around and I pull on him enough that both me and the STI which was right behind me passed him. He looked stupid when both cars passed him and we were in a line. I'm running a Stage 2 and the STI was just picked up that same morning.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

can i beat a 350z with an uppipe and mbc?
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

I beat a 350z with just a gutted uppipe and 3" custom turbo-back.

See the video HERE.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

Come up here, 6k Alt, a stock rex will slaughter a 350Z.Some N/A cars seem to suffer more than others. The 350's run around 15.7 stock, There is one guy with a track model, CAI, Headers, and full Exhaust and the best I have seen him pull is a 15.3. Heck, my Cooper S with crappy runflats and an open front end can run equal 1/4 mile times to a stock 350 while pulling 6mph faster traps. Beautiful cars, too bad they die at altitude.
    1997 VOLVO 850R 14.5@102 with a slushbox and a 2.4 sec 60 ft time.
    1951 chevy 13.3@ 109 gettin some paint
    2002 WRX 13.8 stock turbo :sold
    1996 BMW 318ti what I drive when everything else is broken