WRX-1 Evo-0 (kinda long)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX-1 Evo-0 (kinda long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was going home after a long day of work. When I got of I-635 I turned right at Greenville ...

WRX-1 Evo-0 (kinda long)

I was going home after a long day of work. When I got of I-635 I turned right at Greenville Ave and spoted a red EVO. I made a u-turn and proceded to catch up with him. I pulled up next to him at the next red light, which happened to be the bridge going over I-635. Well I put my window down and gave him thumbs up for his purchase. There were two young asian guys in the car. The passenger asked me If I wanted to go. I don't street race nowadays. But, this was an opportunity I couldn't resist. I agreed. I reved to about 4.5k rmp and slip the clutch perfectly. It looked like the EVO driver couldn't launch that good because by the middle of 2nd I was about 1/2 car ahead. Next light came quickly so I had to stop before going into 3rd gear. He proceded and did a flyby passing the red light Well the light turned green and I caught up to him again (he was driving slow). I told him on three. So I honked 3 times and I was off. I heard him scream "hold on" so I slowed down. We tried again and this time from 35 mph. We took off at the same time. 2 gear went fast and he was right beside me, but what really surprised me was that I was starting to pull slightly by 3rd gear redline. I shifted to fourth and he was aobut 1 car behind. That's when he called it quits and started slowing down. I was really surprised he didn't pass me like I expected him to do.
    I had the advatage though. He had one passenger with him. I had no one with me. And my gas tank was past the last line on the "E". My mods are in the signature. I win is a win though. Hope to catch another one with a better driver.
    TurboXS stealth back w/cat
    K&N filter (resonator removed)
    Hallman MBC set @ 14.7 psi in 4th gear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice man

Thanks
    TurboXS stealth back w/cat
    K&N filter (resonator removed)
    Hallman MBC set @ 14.7 psi in 4th gear.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.