WRX-1 Evo-0 (kinda long)

This is a discussion on WRX-1 Evo-0 (kinda long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was going home after a long day of work. When I got of I-635 I turned right at Greenville ...

WRX-1 Evo-0 (kinda long)

I was going home after a long day of work. When I got of I-635 I turned right at Greenville Ave and spoted a red EVO. I made a u-turn and proceded to catch up with him. I pulled up next to him at the next red light, which happened to be the bridge going over I-635. Well I put my window down and gave him thumbs up for his purchase. There were two young asian guys in the car. The passenger asked me If I wanted to go. I don't street race nowadays. But, this was an opportunity I couldn't resist. I agreed. I reved to about 4.5k rmp and slip the clutch perfectly. It looked like the EVO driver couldn't launch that good because by the middle of 2nd I was about 1/2 car ahead. Next light came quickly so I had to stop before going into 3rd gear. He proceded and did a flyby passing the red light Well the light turned green and I caught up to him again (he was driving slow). I told him on three. So I honked 3 times and I was off. I heard him scream "hold on" so I slowed down. We tried again and this time from 35 mph. We took off at the same time. 2 gear went fast and he was right beside me, but what really surprised me was that I was starting to pull slightly by 3rd gear redline. I shifted to fourth and he was aobut 1 car behind. That's when he called it quits and started slowing down. I was really surprised he didn't pass me like I expected him to do.
    I had the advatage though. He had one passenger with him. I had no one with me. And my gas tank was past the last line on the "E". My mods are in the signature. I win is a win though. Hope to catch another one with a better driver.
    TurboXS stealth back w/cat
    K&N filter (resonator removed)
    Hallman MBC set @ 14.7 psi in 4th gear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice man

Thanks
    TurboXS stealth back w/cat
    K&N filter (resonator removed)
    Hallman MBC set @ 14.7 psi in 4th gear.