STi - 3-0

This is a discussion on STi - 3-0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, i went cruising yesterday after i picked up my STi. i did the "mototune" break in, so dont kill ...

STi - 3-0

well, i went cruising yesterday after i picked up my STi. i did the "mototune" break in, so dont kill me for not breaking my car in. anyways-

i see an audi tt following behind me on the expy, so i punch the gas a little, and he doesnt bite. i exit the expy, and he follows, 2 more turns, and he follows, and then gets in the lane next to me at a light. he looks over, we give each other the nod. light turns green, i dont launch, but when it catches, i floor it. i hear him spinning his tires. just after i shift into second, i look over and see his lights at my front door. look over after shifting into third...and well...he was 5 cars back. owned. with 3 people in my car

later, this new Si cuts me off...then i see black crap spew out of his exhaust (he downshifted and floored it). i hit it, change lanes, and proceed to pull on him like he was standing still.

my friend was really looking for some action, so im behind an rx-7 with a fart can. we pull up at the light...he looks over...my friend is pointing down the street (to signal to race), and he just says "one of my turbos is bad" so i take an easy launch then floor it...he was 3 cars back (he didnt take it very slow for a car with a bad turbo), then 4 then 5...then i slowed down, and he flew by me...i think he was spooked at the light?

all in all...good fun. ive never had that much fun driving before. its actually cool to have people want to race you...and know you have one worthy of racing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend was really looking for some action, so im behind an rx-7 with a fart can. we pull up at the light...he looks over...my friend is pointing down the street (to signal to race), and he just says "one of my turbos is bad" so i take an easy launch then floor it...he was 3 cars back (he didnt take it very slow for a car with a bad turbo), then 4 then 5...then i slowed down, and he flew by me...i think he was spooked at the light?
    Do you think he really had a bad turbo? Sounds like that one guy who said he forgot to open his nitrous bottle and he wasn't racing uphill.

i dont know much about RX-7's but i do know everytime i hear about someone owning one theyre like "Yeah, one of the turbos is bad" or "Right now its in the shop, gotta fix blah blah blah"
    Anyway nice kills Do you plan on modding your STi? mmmm STi

Rx-7 TT runs 5 sec flat in 0-60 stock, if in good condition.

So it might be that he really had a defected turbo.

Then again, STI is rediculously fast.

i dunno really...when he looked at my car, he had this face...and then kinda tilted his head back and said one of his turbos was bad...then he revved it. i was like wtf is he doing revving his car like that if one of the turbos is bad? i dunno. cant wait to give it a few more miles and work on the launch. then theyll all be toast.

and yeah, plans are to mod the STi...but man right now i am so happy with the power its making...but i know that will wear off..and when it does, ill be modding. i have to learn the way it drives, still...currently, i was hitting on-ramps 10+mph less than what i would hit in the miata. gotta work my way up and get comfortable with this power first...

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    i dunno really...when he looked at my car, he had this face...and then kinda tilted his head back and said one of his turbos was bad...then he revved it. i was like wtf is he doing revving his car like that if one of the turbos is bad?
    He wanted to see the STi run. I have not seen one on the street yet, and I would definitely want to see it run even though I would certainly get beat.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!