monte carlo ss w/ 350 help...

This is a discussion on monte carlo ss w/ 350 help... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what would an older monte carlo ss with a fully built 350 and other simple mods run?...

monte carlo ss w/ 350 help...

what would an older monte carlo ss with a fully built 350 and other simple mods run?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

Well, that would really all depend on what is in the motor and converter. What suspension changes have taken place etc. The MonteSS was never a big tire car. They were also a leaf spring car. Had he dumped the leaf spring rear- look out! That is usually a mod after too much horsepower showed problems hooking up. Very few install this before the proplem or install it needlessly.
    For a general, yet strong, build up, with no major suspension modifications, look for him to be in the mid 13's. It could be in the high 12's, but with full interior and weight, that is a fairly stout small block. And as you know, everyone of these guys over-estimates their motor when 'talking'. So don't be surprised when the 'fully built' motor is only a 'bone stock' one.
    Let us know how it goes.

i already raced the guy. just not off the line. from a 70-110 roll, he got me by a good car and a half, but SLOWLY pulling, plus i had 3 people in my car and he had just himself. from a 30 to about 70 mph roll, i had him by a car and a half.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.