fun with an ls1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on fun with an ls1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; today as i got my uppipe and down pipe installed i dropped off one of my brothers friends. as im ...

fun with an ls1

today as i got my uppipe and down pipe installed i dropped off one of my brothers friends. as im returning to my house, a young adult wit his mother and sister pull up next to me in a red camaro. the mother decides to laugh at my car. so i take my uppipe leak to an advantage and rev it makes it sound liek a mean turbo. so he guns it two feet in front of me and i reel him in at arond 55 and to 75 i pull very nice. now the mother is looking dumbfound she wont look at me just her son. i am totally impressed with the difference the up pipe and dp made. now to see the difference with the up pipe leak fixed as of wednsday. im hoping for a 13.8. a member on here got a 14.2 with boost controller and up pipe i have that plus down pipe and 3 inch straight pipe. one cat left. so im guessing 13.8
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ls1 runs low 13's sometimes high 12's stock, ive heard with just a boost controller people hitting mid 13's with a wrx, so if u have one with dp and uppipe u should be around there to
    2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

this guys was an auto from the way he drove it.. my friends auto ls1 t/a ran a 13.7 and my freinds manual ran 13.8 as a best. the 13.7 was with airbox and cat back and the 13.8 with flowmasters. ive only seen ss break into 12s and ws6 was 13.3 the best i had seen. this was just a z28 the only thing is the hood had a scoop so im guessing it was aftermarket hood and airbox...... definatly not an ss......
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

First off....Z28 or SS makes no diff really. What the SS makes up for in cold air, the Z28 makes up for in weight.

My question is.....was this guys mama and sis both a couple of heffers???
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

What the SS makes up for in cold air, the Z28 makes up for in weight.
    this is false.

the ls1 generation f-bodies are ram nothing. they dont have functional hoodscoops and their airbox assemblies are not altered when they recieve the "cool" badges of the ws6 or ss. it is only appearance mainly.

both cars weigh the same.
    Last edited by SpeedShift; 06-05-2003 at 06:29 PM.
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

Originally posted by axion7606
    ls1 runs low 13's sometimes high 12's stock, ive heard with just a boost controller people hitting mid 13's with a wrx, so if u have one with dp and uppipe u should be around there to
    If you can run mid 13's with just a boost controller i think i would have bought one by now. Someone can correct me if im wrong (hopefully i am dead wrong) but i don think its possible to get mid 13's with just a boost controller.

Originally posted by breepsh
    If you can run mid 13's with just a boost controller i think i would have bought one by now. Someone can correct me if im wrong (hopefully i am dead wrong) but i don think its possible to get mid 13's with just a boost controller.
    I hope you're wrong too!! My JoeP gets here tomorrow

A boost controller will only get you 13.9. There is no way in hell you can get in the mid 13's with just a boost controller. I have an up pipe, 3" downpipe and cat back, Samco intercooler hoses. injen cold air intake(waste of money) and a DNA boost controller set at 16.0psi and I average about 13.7 to 14.0. You really need some kind of management system like a uteck or reflash to get any lower, even then your still looking at around 13.4 to 13.6 depending on the weather and if you can launch the car right.
    Last edited by wickedwrx02; 06-05-2003 at 07:23 PM.

my freinds sube which is a 5mt had up pipe down pipe, boostcontroller, and 2.5 inch axle back and his first true run was an 13.85,he said if he as running 100oct and mabey hes subs out a 13.6 with less tire spin off the line. i was almost same mods except i was 3 inch and minus the dp and would run in a area of half car in front or half car in back depending on how he launched. and yesterday i ran a fully built 350 powered monte and i fared pretty well with that. but thats for anoter night
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

IMO, it wasn't LS1. Probably V6 one.... LS1 traps much higher than stage 2 WRX....

ok well since first it had ls1 front end 97 and above second had z28 badges third had z28 flat dual tips on both ends, and had a grunt of a v8. if it was a six the i wouldnet be posting but since it as i posted and that is how the rac ended me in front. ifyou dont entrust in my word. then be it.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

IMHO, probably just an older Z28....killed one of those from a roll tonight, for the sport of it.

I know better than to try and chase down an LS1...
    2002 White WRX Sedan
    Mods by Mastercard

first of all, im the one that raced the camaro. my brother has been posting this whole time. he was right there next to me when this happened. anyhow, my brother is a car fanatic. he knows a lot of stuff about all kinds of cars, so much that it kinda freaks me out. him and I, and my other friend that was in the car that is selling his 99 camaro z28 that runs 11's identified the camaro as an ls1. were not dumb. a v6 camaro is no comparison, if it was a v6 camaro, it would have been in my rear view mirror in a couple of seconds. the ls1 was automatic and the driver had 2 other people in it. i came up right next to it, and we both hit it from about 40 and to about 75 or so, i was about a fender length in front with me barely gaining more distance. if we had both stayed there and kept it going, im positive the camaro would have started to reel me in.

anyhow, i ran a v8 mustang tonight. it was a late 90's model(99 or so) with a few basic mods. anyhow, we were coming around onto a 2 way lane from a one lane turning lane. i was behind the mustang. when the light turned green, the guy turns slowly until he is about half way around the turn and the guns it. im right behind him about a car an half back, at this point i gun it to. to about 95 mph, i caught up and took him by about 1.5 car lengths. the guys were cool and they gave me the thumbs up.

oh btw, with a great driver and just a mbc @ 16psi, i have seen 13.7's. with an average driver, 14 flats are great times. my friend who ran the 13.85 had an uppipe, downpipe, bc, and axleback, but was driving with a badly slipping clutch. btw, that was his first time at the drags and only got to run his car once. with a better clutch and more practice, i would not be suprised of numbers in the mid to low 13's. i may be wrong, but thats what i believe.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    ok well since first it had ls1 front end 97 and above second had z28 badges third had z28 flat dual tips on both ends, and had a grunt of a v8. if it was a six the i wouldnet be posting but since it as i posted and that is how the rac ended me in front. ifyou dont entrust in my word. then be it.
    1997 introduced the new style rear tail lights and +10 hp, still the LT1 though.

1998 was the first year with the new front end and the LS1.

lt1 or ls1, stock for stock, they both should hand us our ass from a roll.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.