WRX vs. 5.0

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 5.0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First "real" race yesterday (not vs some kid in his dads civic). For those of you who are familiar with ...

Talking WRX vs. 5.0

First "real" race yesterday (not vs some kid in his dads civic). For those of you who are familiar with Northern VA, I was going west on 606 across 28. There were two guys in a 92-93 5.0 Mustang. The guy in the passenger seat looked identical to Ving Rhames. Anyways, we both start accelerating off the line like normal, and I'm ahead, we aren't racing or anything, then I hear him start to go so I get on it, it lags for a sec til I get boost, but then I took him. The next light we raced from a stop, but I still can't really launch my car properly (still learning AWD) and I took him again, we did another one also from about 10 mph and I beat him, I was feelin pretty damn good I must say. Anyways, we both get to a gas station and stop, he pulled up to me after he was done and started askin about my car. He complimented me on it (and btw, the guy in the passenger seat also SOUNDED just like Ving Rhames). He asked if it was a 6 cyl. He looked a little surprised at it being a 4, but then he seemed VERY relieved when i told him it has a turbo. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of mustangs, and especially their drivers for that matter, but I liked those guys, not just cuz they complimented my car, but most of them don't have any respect for foreign cars at all.
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Out of all of the newer Mustangs, I like the "5.0"s the best. Too bad most of the drivers are asses.

Good kill.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

It was a "nice" car, it was in really good shape, the only thing donw to it that I know of was the standard flowmasters, maybe intake and headers, stuff like that. The driver and Ving Rhames's twin were both really cool though, thats why I was so surprised.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by GriffinREX
    Out of all of the newer Mustangs, I like the "5.0"s the best. Too bad most of the drivers are asses.

Good kill.
    We're not all that bad...I traded my '00 GT for my WRX

Originally posted by scoobie1
    I did say "most".
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Originally posted by scoobie1
    Yeah, just most of them, I've known a few nice ones here and there.
    2004 WRX