Funny thing about Mustang/Camaro Owners
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Funny thing about Mustang/Camaro Owners within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whenever I get to run one in my WRX they always want to go from a roll. Whenever I am ...

Funny thing about Mustang/Camaro Owners

Whenever I get to run one in my WRX they always want to go from a roll. Whenever I am in the S2000 they always want to go from a dead stop It's like clockwork with these guys.

All that bragging and they still have to try and get the advantage anyway they can. Too funny.

Jimbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just like anyone else they want to win.. you want to go from a stop they want to from a roll, each car and driver wants to go from what suites them best... everyone wants an advantage if they can... 2 different beasts whats to ones advantage is to ones disadvantage. I dont really see whats wrong with them wanting to go from a roll if you want to go from a stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I agree, it's just funny to see them do an about-face depending on which car I happen to be driving. If nothing else, it definitely lets me know that they are watching out for these cars since they know their respective strengths and weaknesses.

Jimbo

When I was in my 01' Lightning they wouldn't mess with me at all.

Not all of us are cheaters. I find that 300zxTT owners do the same thing to me.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    There's a guy i work with who wants to buy a lightening and he is always telling me how easy it is to go into 12's with it. Is this true? Or is he just talking out his ass...i know those things are damn fast so i guess i wouldnt be suprised. I just know nothing about them otherthen theyre fast and their tail lights look funny.

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Thats funny.. I had a hard time getting Lightnings to run my SS

Shame on drivers for wanting to gain an advantage.. im sure AWD cars NEVER want to start from a dead stop..

I hate generalizations..
    New Car: 03 Pearl Blue WRX Sedan ~ 18" Volkner Racing hyperblack mesh wheels, Pirelli PNero Zero tires, Prodrive springs, Prodrive shift knob.. for starters

Play car: 1969 LS1 powered Camaro, painted WRX Ralley Blue

See them all here:
    www.z069.us

Originally posted by breepsh
    how easy it is to go into 12's with it. Is this true?

YES! BIG engine, supercharged...lotsa grunt. Dunno how they hook up so well, but they sure do. L's can be made downright nutty with just a couple grand thrown at the right parts of the engine.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Lightning can be made really fast pretty cheap. All you need is a smaller pulley for the supercharger+chip+exhaust.

They do slow down some after 100MPH because it is a truck and are not aerodynamic.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

At the height of my L's existance it was throwing down 506 at the rear wheel and could run high 11's, no NOS. The only real "internal engine" work that was done was a polish job on the supercharger internals. The key to high horsepower Lightning traction is slapper bars, the fameous 1" front, 2" rear drop and nitto 555R-Drag's in the rear.

Depending on how modded your car is, it might not matter how you do it; my SS would 60' at hi 1.90's on the stock radials-most wrx's ive seen arent but a 10th or so quicker, and an LS1 would reel in that 10th right quick.
    -Ray

Originally posted by rayray
    Depending on how modded your car is, it might not matter how you do it; my SS would 60' at hi 1.90's on the stock radials-most wrx's ive seen arent but a 10th or so quicker, and an LS1 would reel in that 10th right quick.
    -Ray
    Nice to see a fellow LS1 guy on here... Im dying to take the WRX to the track and toss it down the 1320.. I wonder what it will feel like to have traction???
    New Car: 03 Pearl Blue WRX Sedan ~ 18" Volkner Racing hyperblack mesh wheels, Pirelli PNero Zero tires, Prodrive springs, Prodrive shift knob.. for starters

Play car: 1969 LS1 powered Camaro, painted WRX Ralley Blue

See them all here:
    www.z069.us

Originally posted by Steve2000SS
    . I wonder what it will feel like to have traction???
    It feels WONDERFUL. Rain, slippery pavement, does not matter. You slip the clutch(or spin the tires, your choice) and it feels like someone rear-ended ya off the line. 2nd pulls pretty hard, 3rd too, 4th...eh so-so. Still, its fun to taunt LS-1 owners whilst doing red-light racing. I know I'll get my butt handed to me attempting roll-ons(does not mean I won't do it ), but from a stop, AWD is a HOOT. There is a Camaro SS here in town that wants to race me, but we never sem to find a empty stretch of road. I wanna run that car pretty bad. All I can see is a lid and some kinda exhaust, would be a fun run to 80-90(I.E. when the SS runs away from me). 25% driveline loss kills the highway hijinks.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Whenever I get to run one in my WRX they always want to go from a roll. Whenever I am in the S2000 they always want to go from a dead stop It's like clockwork with these guys.
    these guys are morons. dont bother wasting your time racing these types of cars from a roll, you will be destroyed. there really is not point. when you take out driver skill from a drag race (going in a straight line), its not even a race.
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

Originally posted by SpeedShift
    these guys are morons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.