RSX got OWN3D by bad driving...pics inside (not 56k friendly) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on RSX got OWN3D by bad driving...pics inside (not 56k friendly) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by PolarisSnT I hate to say it but since I dont have the actual link try a search. ...

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    I hate to say it but since I dont have the actual link try a search. Anyway, more and more people see stick drivers in the fast and bicurious(thank you ebr0t) and want to be more like them with there double clutching instead of granny shifting or what have you. You need to crawl before you can walk, small steps and then shift fast, not necessarily hard. Also what was he doing down shifting at that high an RPM, whats the red line on that car?
    The whole situation is just stupid if you ask me.

The gear box on the Type S is the easiest thing I have ever dealt with. The throws are very precise, even moreso with a short shifter. You said it right though Polaris, he was probably slamming through the gears, using too much force in general, etc... when all you need to do is let the gearbox do its job. Pros tell you that it doesn't take force - open palm on the shifter, glide it into gear. It will take you there itself.

5 to 4 is so damn easy its not even funny. IMO, you have to actually TRY to go to 2nd gear in that downshifting situation. You'd have to go to neutral and pull the shifter left (towards your body) which means this kid is a total newb.

Also, someone calculated that his rpms must have been around 16,500 when popped it into 2nd gear.

I don't know if he was stock, but fuel cut off is 8200rpms - if he had Hondata #4, fuel cutoff is 8600rpms. In the story, he was showing off and going from 1 to 5, redlining every gear. My question is: why the hell would you then decide to downshift? I wonder if the guy was so stupid that he went for 6th, got blocked by the gate and then got confused and ended up in 2nd. I don't know, you can't explain stupidity in the end I guess.

If he was at 7000rpms in 5th, I still do not understand why you'd comtemplate going back down to 4th...

BTW, from what I understand, this kid is rich and he's "just going to buy an ITR engine..." so he certainly will not learn his lesson. Hey, its nice to have money - but don't throw it away. If he can't handle the high reving of the Type S, how is he going to deal with the even higher reving ITR engine?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

can you bolt in an itr engine into the rsx?
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Originally posted by MOG_22
    There are some cars that require you to push down on the shifter in order to go into reverse, I think this is a good idea to make standard on all cars. It would definitely keep the idiots out there from royally screwing up their tranny.
    My friend's S2000 makes you push down to go into R. SO I'd assume, being a Honda and all, the RSX would make you do that too. My brother's M3 doesn't make you push down to go to R, but it's a ***** to push it far enough over to go into R.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator
    Since they're the same car, i would assume yes. If nothing else you could use a MY02 J-spec Type R engine.

In regards to the picture

Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator
    Yes, but not the old B18C5/R. The RSX is still called an Integra in the rest of the world. The current JDM ITR uses the K20A (220 hp) engine, the RSX-S has the K20A2 engine.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Originally posted by aheineken
    My friend's S2000 makes you push down to go into R. SO I'd assume, being a Honda and all, the RSX would make you do that too. My brother's M3 doesn't make you push down to go to R, but it's a ***** to push it far enough over to go into R.
    No, you don't have to push down to get it into reverse on the RSX-S. But you'd have to be a huge idiot to get it from 5th into R...I believe there is a lockout first of all. And secondly, you'd hit the gate before you could get it into R. You would have to consciously slam the shifter well to the right to get it into R I believe, but I can't say I've ever tried. Every misshift that I've heard of on the Type S has been downshifting from 5th to 4th and instead hitting 2nd (which this guy did to blow his engine).

Are 4th and 2nd really that close together in the RSX?

Originally posted by kushdogg
    Are 4th and 2nd really that close together in the RSX?
    It is an increadibly small gearbox on the RSX, much moreso than the WRX (I've driven one)...but the throws are extremely precise and I have yet to figure out how one goes from 5th to 2nd. I think you'd literally have to force it down towards your body and into 2nd...its just not natural.

People that misshift IMO are putting too much pressure on the shifter and trying to force it, instead of letting the gearbox do its job.

Ahhhh! Those pictures make me feel so bad. The car is bleeding to death after being mauled from the inside. Make the hurting stop...please put that car out of its misery.

If the owner went for the clutch quick enough, do you think he would have saved the engine?

there is alot of people doing this in the rsx,,,,ouch..that really sux!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.