RSX got OWN3D by bad driving...pics inside (not 56k friendly) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on RSX got OWN3D by bad driving...pics inside (not 56k friendly) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, I wonder what that sounded like. I bet the owner's heart must have dropped into his feet. If the ...

wow, I wonder what that sounded like. I bet the owner's heart must have dropped into his feet. If the dealer doesn't cover it, it's time to jump to an upgraded motor / trans from japan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Richie03
    wow, I wonder what that sounded like. I bet the owner's heart must have dropped into his feet. If the dealer doesn't cover it, it's time to jump to an upgraded motor / trans from japan.
    I wonder if you can shove one of those 3.2 from the type S in there.... Now THATS a project!

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    He was going 7k rpm in 5th and decided to DOWNSHIFT??? He almost DESERVES the damage he got for doing that! Almost, that is. It's a damn shame seeing a nice engine and tranny explode into a million pieces. Hope it doesn't hit his wallet too hard (although I suspect it will).
    He was probably trying to upshift into 6th and went the wrong way into 2nd.
    2002 WRX WRB

poor guy i feel bad for him.

I've seen this before and there's a video floating around of this. If it's the same guy he was trying to test his 1/4 mile and he was trying to shift from 3rd to 4th but went in to 2nd. If you ever see the video you can see the tach hit like 12k rpms after he shifts into 2nd. He also says "Oh sh*t" in a fobby voice which is kinda funny but sad at the same time. Sucks to be him

More sad than funny. That really does suck.

Originally posted by drickz
    If it's the same guy he was trying to test his 1/4 mile and he was trying to shift from 3rd to 4th but went in to 2nd. He also says "Oh sh*t" in a fobby voice
    Got the video, it's a classic. Really though, is it that hard to shift from 3rd to 4th? It's straight down. I've only driven two manuals and they were easier than sh*t to shift. I've never shifted a short shifter or aftermarket piece, so I may be ahead of myself here.

Yeah I don't get how he could miss a gear. Same thing when people say the miss third and hit fifth. The only time I did that was on the test drive...the first time I ever drove an MT.

A lot of people, even some who have driven for a while drive crappy. I got a ride from someone in an Intergra and he was grabbing the stick like a joystick and jamming the gears every which way. I asked how long he drove a manual trans and he said five years. I think thats enough time to get it right. I can easily see how someone who is shifting fast and hard (hehe) can accidently shift into second. They are pulling the damn stick to towards their body and not straight down.
    04 SVT Lightning

I'd like to see this video, anyone got it to send?
    02 WRB Wagon...gettin' the groceries...very quickly.

I hate to say it but since I dont have the actual link try a search. Anyway, more and more people see stick drivers in the fast and bicurious(thank you ebr0t) and want to be more like them with there double clutching instead of granny shifting or what have you. You need to crawl before you can walk, small steps and then shift fast, not necessarily hard. Also what was he doing down shifting at that high an RPM, whats the red line on that car?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I have seen missed shifts like that before.. but man.. that one was WAY nasty.. It is very possible to miss a shift.. but the most I ever have gotten is a grind... NOTHING like that... scary stuff
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

first, i would piss in my pants. then, i would cry.

it just goes to show ya what happens when you abuse your car. btw, did the warranty cover the damage or what?

Oh man...that sucks
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.