My night of glory
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My night of glory within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruising home one night from kickin' it with the guys around 2:00am. San Francisco, CA, (2 lane) Fulton ...

My night of glory

I was cruising home one night from kickin' it with the guys around 2:00am. San Francisco, CA, (2 lane) Fulton St. Heading east @around 42nd ave. I'm taking it easy, going 40 or so in a 35, enjoying my sublime as I see blinding lights in my rear view approaching me from behind at a really fast pace. Couldn't make out what it was, but it was coming up right behind me in my lane. I swear he drove up right to my bumper going at least 65-70, cut into the right lane and back into mine. Arrest me yellow m3, the older version (The one before the current model) He's half a block ahead of me, but I wasn't going to let him do that. No way. By the hand of God, light turns yellow, and red and the m3 stops. I pull next to him and look over in his direction. Russian guy, blaring his music, looking drunk as a skunk. I give him the head tilt and he smirks. Its on. He starts revving his engine very obnoxiously as I sit there patiently waiting for the light to flip. Yellow on the other side, we both start to roll and GREEN! We're off. He pulls ahead by a car length.....I redline in first, power-shift into second and pull right on his tail. As redline hit we were neck to neck. It almost seemed as if we were driving the same car. We hit third at about the same time but had to stop at for a red at 25th ave. We look at each other like kids who got away with something deviant and give another nod of agreement. Light hits green, I take off with not that great of a lauch, but he lost control with his torque from his launch for about a second. I pull about two car lengths in front and give everything I got. As I got into third at around 60, I'm just a nose in front. As redline hit, at 80, I popped it into fourth and still a nose in front of him. Suddenly, I see a yellow light @park presidio approaching at 105. I have a block to stop and I knew I wasn't goint to make the light so I eased on it and slowed as he whizzed by, missing the yellow and catching full on red. I see him make it across, but it just so happens that a cop car that was waiting at the red light made a screeching turn and hit the lights and sirens. My heart was pumping out of my chest as I see the m3 getting pulled over. Possible dui? probably. Lucky me? yup., Enough excitement for one night? denfinately. Midnight black, hks ssbov, pgrddy profec A boosting @ 1.0 bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good races. Your a lucky guy not to have gotten caught!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

good kill story, hawks, but dammit, use some paragraph spaces in your story next time. lol.

WRX
    maybe it wasn't a cop. Maybe it was immigration!!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

La migra!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

dude that was low... or maybe it was the yuppy police.

Good run. But one question: why race a dude that you say looks drunk?

Oh well, enough of that from me. Glad you had fun and didn't get caught.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

please use paragraphs, that was harder to read then the tabloids

racing in the city? dang, you got some nuts, i hated driving in the city when i was up in the bay area
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by drbyers
    good kill story, hawks, but dammit, use some paragraph spaces in your story next time. lol.
    Hehe that's what I was thinking.

I swear I've seen that same guy around LA. Older M3, drunk looking.

Awesome story....and even better replies. Good kill and good decision to stop at the light.

-Pull over, squeel like a pig for me.

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    smells like someone's sellin tickets...FRANK??
    in any event, good call on that red light stop, believe it or not, i've had some close calls like that out here in sticksville
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

You must have had crappy launches if you didn't pull a 1/2 car on him immediatly. I raced the same car here in rochester with basically the same results. The cars seems pretty even.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

tickets? no. didn't sell or recieve one. True story. Ask the guys....i was ranting for about a week. Those m3's aren't that fast. Drove my buddies' from mile hi and was not really impressed. The new ones are a different story--I would have had no chance.

saying that is like saying the wrx's aren't that fast since they are close.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.