would i hang with a 5.0 mustang LX?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on would i hang with a 5.0 mustang LX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was just wondering if i would be able to hang with a mustang 5.0 or beat it? he has ...

Question would i hang with a 5.0 mustang LX?

i was just wondering if i would be able to hang with a mustang 5.0 or beat it? he has some work done like flow master exhaust and lowered and under crank pullies and an k & N air filter and i have exhaust, intake, and a blow off valve what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should be able too. I have taken 5.0's while I was bone stock.
    "Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

If he have gears he will pull on you from a roll. If not think it will be close. Depends if you race from a roll or stop and how long the race is.

"he has some work done like flow master exhaust and lowered and under crank pullies and an k & N air filter and i have exhaust, intake, and a blow off valve what do you guys think?"

dood, as some of my ppl once told me... just have a little faith in your car, and be cocky as hell when it comes to racing. you'll smoke that 5.0 mustang no probs. exhaust and intake for the wrx adds about 20 more hp and lbs of torque. so now you have 247 hp at your disposal, not to mention a blow off valve which adds i dunno how much extra. and all this guy gots is an exhaust, some pullies and an air filter? lowering only makes him takes the corner a lil faster.

and if you want more proof. stock wrx runs the 1/4 in 14.1s and the stock mustang 5.0 LX runs the 1/4 in 14.8 or 14.9s depending on the year.

of course if its' a longer race, i dunno who'd win. but short race... you got him

---The Venerable RaCinWRX

you should repost the title. Will a Mustang 5.0 LX hang with YOU!!

--ok i'll stop now, RaCinWRX

alright thanks guys i will go against him thanks for the reply i will keep you posted with what goes on and who won

The 5.0's run 15's in the low 90's. Better match for a Prelude or an RSX.
    2002 WRX
    13.7@97

well the update of the race with the 5.0 off the line i killed him and after that he just hung with me all the way through didnt gain after i launched but i did pull a little on him in 2nd gear

Good Kill!! I hope you had bet him some moneys or something!! and if you did, i want a piece naw go get a BC with the winnings, then you'll spank some stock v8's next mwuhahah

---Still waiting for that z28 race, RaCinWRX

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    Err... 5.0 is a V8.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

meant those new v8 models

---RaCinWRX

Nice try but that ain't ganna work. O yeah. I saw a silver wrx at barnes and nobles in metairie. Anyone?

Last night i was there, that must be me then. heh.. gimme a PM if ya wanna talk

--RaCinWRX

OT: Are you going to go to the World Import Challange?

No, but i'll be goin to import revolution at houston this weekend, and i'll be there at hot import nights on may 4th in NO.

---RaCinWRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.