Modded Eclipse beats my Stage 4

This is a discussion on Modded Eclipse beats my Stage 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it finally happened. I got beat today. I ran into this Eclipse on my way home. It looked like ...

Modded Eclipse beats my Stage 4

Well it finally happened. I got beat today. I ran into this Eclipse on my way home. It looked like any other modded Eclipse. 4'' exhaust out back, a lot of gauges, tach, etc. So we both turn on to this street at the same time and nail it in 1st gear. I got a slight jump on him but he was right behind me. I shifted into second gear and he started slowly gaining ground on me. I then let off at about 70mph because of traffic down the road.

Then we both slowed down to about 35mph and almost at the same time we nail it in 2nd gear. He got a slight jump on me off the start. I did everything I could to stay with him. He probably pulled about 1/2 - 1 car on me at most. My nose was just about on his rear bumper when we let off at about 85 mph. But I definately lost the race.

I pulled up next to him at the light and he told me " Your the first fast WRX I've run into. I asked him what mods he had and he said I believe a 16G Turbo and bunch of other stuff. I can't remember the mods for sure.

I then asked him if he has ever run his Eclipse at the track. He said yes, it runs 11.90s!!! Yikes, no wonder.

That made me feel a little better. It was actually pretty cool racing someone faster than me for a change. It sure makes for an exciting race.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea you have to watch out for those dsm's.. a guy i know around where i live use to have a talon that was that fast.. he has since sold it and built a new one that runs 9's.. its crazy like 500+hp awd sleeper.. all u can see is the huge front mount.. either way nice race

nice race.......you're thinking that sti aint coming out fast enough now, hehe

can't win all the time, that would be boring
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Youch! I wanna get my ass handed to me when im stage 4 like that... is rare to find a car that fast
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

11.90!!!!

Damn - thats fast!!!

Sounds like you hung with him nicely though

how much boost you running?
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

hey nice run! both awesome cars. i wouldnt mind running 12s again myself. was it a 1g or a 2g dsm? a 2g dsm would be harder to get into 11.9s with a b16g turbo.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I run about 18 psi on the street. Its is also close to 90 degrees outside every day here in South Florida (race was at 3 pm) so it was hot. My WRX isn't at its best when its 90 degrees outside. I had also been driving around in traffic so my IC had to be heat soaked . I'm sure the heat also effected him but he running a front mount IC.

About the Eclipse being a 1G or 2G DMS. I have no idea. I just know it was fast. The turbo was huffing and puffing. All I could hear was SWOOSSSHHH sound screaming from his car. I sounded pretty sweet. When he was talking about his mods he mentioned race gas. Can't remember if that was at the track or if he runs it on the street or what. He was telling me about his car when the light turned green and everyone started honking at us to move.

Cool race. I never get the good races. All I get are the slow cars so it's no fun writing about those victories. Oh well...
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Another nice run SGOS. No shame in your game!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

race

you win some you lose some.....hopefully with the Stage IV car you have alot more marks in the win column than in the loss :-).....just goes to show that you never really know what might be lurking under the hood of the riced out car beside you
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Re: Modded Eclipse beats my Stage 4

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    It was actually pretty cool racing someone faster than me for a change. It sure makes for an exciting race.
    Excellent point...those are my exact sentiments
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

what is exactly stage 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    what is exactly stage 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?
    The two most popular aftermarket WRX turner are Vishnu and Turboxs.

I run a turboxs stage 4 setup. You can check it out at www.turboxs.com.

Turboxs has stage 1,2,3,4+ kits

Vishnu performance makes stage 0,1,2+

Basically a Vishnu stage 2 is equal to a Turboxs stage 4 which is a turbo upgrade package and everything you need to go with it.

But here's the break down for Turboxs.
    Stage 1 - boost controller and chip - high 13s on average
    Stage 2 - full exhaust, boost controller, chip - mid 13s
    Stage 3- rebuilt stock turbo, exhaust, uppipe, chip - low 13s
    Stage 4, IHI series turbo, STi fuel injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, uppipe, chip. - high 12s

SGOSWRX it was only a matter of time and seeing as hes running high 11's, I would say that was a nice death. You hung pretty well, get him next time from 0 - 80
    04 SVT Lightning