Stage IV vs modded 337
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage IV vs modded 337 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving to work today and saw this very nice 337 come on to the highway. He immediately snuck ...

Stage IV vs modded 337

I was driving to work today and saw this very nice 337 come on to the highway. He immediately snuck behind me. There was a bunch on morning traffic so we went at it in spurts. There was one point that we got up to 115 or so.

He was able to hang with me for the most part. I was very surprised because my buddy has a 337 with I think just a CAI and I was able to lose him in no time with a Stage II.

This 337 must have had a nice turbo upgrade.

I am a big fan of these cars.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He might have had a K04 turbo upgrade but I don't think a K04 could keep up with a stage IV WRX.

If he had an APR stg. III the he would have pulled from you on the highway.

I don't think there is much in the way of tuning between these 2 options.

As far as I know the 1.8t mod plan is as follows:

1) BPU's
    2) K04 turbo upgrade good for 240hp
    3) APR stage III

There might be some middle ground with different turbos but I don't think so.

I think a Blue 20th Anniversary Edition with an APR Stg. III would make an excellent car.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

we weren't going WOT because of the morning traffic. so i don't know how much i would be able to pull on him without both of us going WOT. what ever it had it was a big diference from stock.

i posted on vwvortex to see if he is on there. we'll see.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Ike
    Ok.... why can't I figure out what a 337 is...

ike its a special vw w/ a nice performance package.....i think its a gti...only 1500 or so made it to the states
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

ahhh here is the info....knew i had it somewhere

Roadfly Test Data:
    Curb Weight - 2887lbs
    0-60mph - 5.9 seconds
    1/4 mile - 14.74s @ 94.2mph
    70-0mph - 156ft
    Observed Fuel Economy - 26mpg overall
    Price as optioned: $22,775
    Modifications: APR 93 octane chip, Forge Diverter valve, AutoTech 28mm rear sway bar

- 180hp 1.8L 20-valve intercooled and turbocharged 4-cylinder motor
    - Six speed MQ350 manual transmission with upgraded clutch and pressure plate
    - 315mm (12.4") vented front and 256mm (10") vented rear brakes with red powder coated calipers and 4-wheel ABS
    - Improved suspension, lowered approximately 1" at each corner
    - Recaro front seats, wrapped in "LeMans" black cloth with red stitching and accents
    - Votex body kit with front valence, side skirts, rear valence and hatch wing
    - Red accent stitching and leather wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel
    - Aluminum pedals
    - Monsoon Sound
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

If you weren't going all out then he most likely had a chip and maybe and exhaust. When I had my Jetta 1.8t with a chip and turboback exhaust I ran with a WRX wagon with an MBC from 60-110 or so and only lost by 1 or 2 cars.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

If you're wondering what the 337 looks like, just visit VW's website and check out their 20th Anniversay GTI. Pretty much the same thing. 1.8T, 6spd, etc.

Speaking of GTIs, they're bringing over the R32. AWD, 240hp V6 with that DSG. Suppose to be similar to BMW's SMG only faster. Actually, it's suppose to be faster than a manual transmission. Crazy.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    If you weren't going all out then he most likely had a chip and maybe and exhaust. When I had my Jetta 1.8t with a chip and turboback exhaust I ran with a WRX wagon with an MBC from 60-110 or so and only lost by 1 or 2 cars.
    you are right about the chip and exhaust...

i have a thread going on in vwvortex about my experience

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=866795
    -Brian

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.