Fox Body kill w/ blower
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fox Body kill w/ blower within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it's a long story and i have told it so many times, but heres the short and sweet...i was driving ...

Fox Body kill w/ blower

it's a long story and i have told it so many times, but heres the short and sweet...i was driving down the road with two friends and a early 90's fox body mustang trunk car pulls up and nails his rev limiter. i assumed this meant "let's race" i obliged once we got out of traffic. the first time we kicked it at 45...i walked him pretty bad. when he kicked it the car was awfully loud, sounded like nitrous especially when he did the ricer fly by after i let out. i got back up to him this time at about 70 or so in third gear and we stood on them again and i walked him again. we get to a stoplight and i ask him how much of a shot he is running and it looked like he said "200" and i said "200"!!!!! he said no, supercharged. i was like really... i said what else do you have? he said vortech s-trim at 7psi and trick flow heads and e cam. after the light turned we left the light easily and go up to about 80 and kicked it again and i walked by him once again. this was at 16psi btw...i haven't messed with the utec any from a stg 4 map and it feels better at 16 than anywhere else. plus i put my new clutch in. anyways cheers thanks for reading.
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awesome kill man!

Can you hook me up with where you got the 20g? I need a new turbo for my 2.2. This VF22 isnt cuttin it!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

turbo specialities they are very hard to get a hold of and it takes a very long time to get a turbo from them...but they do quality work, they are inexpensive...and reed really knows what he's doing with the turbos...he has a black wrx himself.
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

I see you had to have a custom downpipe made. What about the up-pipe?

Thanks man!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

vishnu uppipe...the 20g uses a ihi #20 exhaust housing so it is a bolt on turbo

Hmmmm, I wonder if Reed can use my VF22 core and build me a frankenstein?
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

yeh it should be very cheap, the ihi #20 housing was the most expensive part

Good kill keep up the good work

dude Im not gonna call bull**** on this

but I am just trying to understand how you would of pulled on a blown stang?

about what power level would your car be at, at this point?

the blower alone would net him 330 at the wheels
    with heads and cam I would bet hes close to 400+rwhp

so what is your car doing?
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Originally posted by Cleaner13
    dude Im not gonna call bull**** on this

but I am just trying to understand how you would of pulled on a blown stang?

about what power level would your car be at, at this point?

the blower alone would net him 330 at the wheels
    with heads and cam I would bet hes close to 400+rwhp

so what is your car doing?

, That's all i can say, Do a search & don't be suprise
    GOT RICE?...HELL YEAH ; - )

wow thanks for all the help

Im assuming hes putting more then 400rwhp by your response then?

you can call bull all you want...you weren't there...i can give you my two friends phone numbers that were riding with me and you can call them and ask them about it. the following weekend after i raced that guy he was at our local track. he was running high 8's (1/8th) at mid 80mph's. i ran a 8.3@84 untuned with slipping clutch and 2.02 60' time. i am scared of the launch. maybe his car was sick or untuned or whatever...i just thought it was cool that i wore out a mustang with a blower.

while i am thinking about it...there is a guy down here with a 94-96 gt mustang with a 7 pound blower and i watched him get slowly walked by a ls1 t/a with a lid and some exhaust work. sure a v8 with a blower should be faster than me, but maybe i am doing somehitng right or they are doing something wrong

well do you know what mustang it was?
    94-96 is a big difference
    94-95 have the 5.0L and 96 and above starts that stupid 4.6

you said this guy had a fox body meaning he had a 5.0L
    Im just saying that either your hiding somethng about your own car or he is a **** driver high 8s with a car with probably 400rwhp? I dunno thats kind of a **** driver

anyway no offense but it doesnt matter what you ran in the 1/8 this race wasnt from a stop so it doesnt matter who ETed faster its who traps higher

so I'll ask again what kind of power would you expect from your setup?

tuned in prolly around 300-350. i am not hiding anything about my car. i told you the traps. he was trapping mid 80's and so was I.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.