I have driven the STI with no salesman - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on I have driven the STI with no salesman within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wrxtrme: "OK, obviously you have never seen what happens when a customer leaves in a brand new car and has ...

wrxtrme: "OK, obviously you have never seen what happens when a customer leaves in a brand new car and has to tow it back to the dealer. That is a very unhappy person."

yeah well if im not mistaken, didnt u say u were a dodge tech? we're talking about subarus here. i doubt there are that many wrx's that break down to the point they need towing immediately after leaving the lot.

i also find it unlikely that your friend the subaru tech is instructed to break traffic laws on a regular basis as part of his job. what happens if he gets pulled over or wrecks?

maybe the break in period isnt necessary, i cant argue that. however, it is mentioned in the manual and therefore after payin $25k i think the consumer deserves the right to make that decision. theres no one here who would buy a car with 80 miles over an identical car with only 2.

it is simply disrespectful. u wouldnt borrow a friends car and redline it, and the reason you wouldnt has nothing to do with risking damage to the car.

as far as reporting him to anyone, i dont think anyone should go that far. hes caught enough **** from his post on here already and he doesnt even work for subaru. you gotta watch out for mechanics and car salesmen....most are about as trustworthy as your average cops, lawyers, and politicians.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Wade-0
    I really don't see it any differently than "burn-in" for a computer or other high end electronics. It has to pass a certain number of tests, and those should be fairly strenuous. And until you get the keys and the title, the car isn't yours to "give permission" to drive anyway.
    EXACTLY WADE!! it's not their car to "give permission" until it's paid for. and once the loan comes through it's still not the owners car it's the banks. if u dont think it's true then where is the title to ur car the bank has it. i know i have a loan on the rex and it's not mine outright yet. so if ur car is paid for 100% then u can add something. but if ur car isn't then u can't say anything cuz ur beating on a car that's not urs either.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yeah, but the banks not going to tell you to take it easy.
    '89 Ford Bronco, 5.8L - Custom Stereo, Custom Exaust

Future plans to get a WRX.
    Working on it! Hopefully in September.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ervv173
    [B]wrxtrme: "OK, obviously you have never seen what happens when a customer leaves in a brand new car and has to tow it back to the dealer. That is a very unhappy person."

yeah well if im not mistaken, didnt u say u were a dodge tech? we're talking about subarus here. i doubt there are that many wrx's that break down to the point they need towing immediately after leaving the lot.

I Have to respond to this you are right because they are inspected filled with half missing oils and coolant and so on but some cars slip through ,there was one that was bought back not a wrx but I have learned how you all will react to stuff subaru does not want you to know so I will only say it went to the training center after being passed from dealer to dealer trying to fix it they shipped it there the complant was every 5 or 6 times you started it, it would make a very odd sounds and stall. and out of no where it would stall at freeway speeds,if that car had a propper pdi witch includes starting cold 5 times and hot 5 times and evan that still mite not have been enough they gave that person a top of the line of that type and the customer still said I will never buy a Subaru agen that is one anger person the whole thing took 2 months that is a long rental that subaru payed for and also for Dodge we do the samething.

oh and one more thing I drove the baja esx 500 of course it was only 5 feet or so when you shut if off it takes 30 sec for the turbo to stop and let me also say that Ali and I took out HIS sti that HE payed cash for and now has a larger I/C ,cold air intake and turbo back exh, my best guess is 0 to 60 in the 4 sec area Insane I can not beleave he ISN,T FOLLOWING BREAK IN OH MY GOD and I never I am telling you never turn down keys but I always take the owner
    Last edited by wrxtrme; 06-02-2003 at 11:29 PM.

some of you guys need to relax

His description doesn't sound like beating
    he took it on a poor quality road to see if there was anything out of the ordinary with the suspension

he never launched it or sidestepped the clutch
    I think the description sounds like he respected the car
    and didn't beat on it just checked it out

oooohh he hit a corner at 40 big deal this is sedate as to what and STi can actually take a corner at
    and then accelerated to 55 wow

STi's do this in a heartbeat

I'm sure my STi had similar testing done to make sure it was all ok
    at the PDI

some people need to get their pantys out of a bunch

hope you stick around wrxtreme,

why not come on over to liquidinsanity.com I hang out there alot and there are alot of other WRX guys there too

Ok, I'm gonna try a little experiment. Tommorow I'm gonna go get the Z-O6 Corvette they dropped off today and come screaming past the showroom
    into 3rd and up to 7000 again, well over 100 mph
    I should be congratulated, when I pull back in, for doing such a thorough PDI, right?
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by chevyeater
    Ok, I'm gonna try a little experiment. Tommorow I'm gonna go get the Z-O6 Corvette they dropped off today and come screaming past the showroom I should be congratulated, when I pull back in, for doing such a thorough PDI, right?
    last time i checked no one was saying hey great job. u jumped on his back and a few of us are defending him. well mr dodge i'd say that most if not all srt-4's were "beat on" during the pdi. i'm sure the cobras at ford dealerships were to and ya lightnings too.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Although my outrage does not rise to the level of some in this thread, I do have to say that what you did was not cool. The STi can take that abuse? Fine. It's still not your car. You're having a thrill ride on someone else's dime, and it's inconsiderate.

Having said that, have you considered trading up for the STi given your experience with it? The more I hear, the more it sounds like it and the Evo VIII are setting a new standard.

you're all a bunch of 'tards
    this is why i left this board
    glad to see nothing changed

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    You were gone? I don't think anyone noticed.

Glad to see your still an ass.

i hate reality t.v shows (except for surfer girls!!!!!!) but somehow i love reading all this stuff!!!! my 2cents....one issue is re: the breakin period...if subaru recommends one and a subaru employee violates this..that's not right...second, although i'm sure these cars can "take it" it is a question of who is doing the "taking" ie if you own something, do what you want ...if you don't , show the kind of respect you would ask for yourself...the "golden rule" bluedream

Feel free to leave this board again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cyrilgrey, if you disagree with other people on the boards, that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. Anyway, take it easy guys.
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by STIwish
    Isn't it Subaru that tells you there is no break in period? I do believe it is, or at least thats what my salesman and the techs told me when i bought my WRX... it may not be true, but thats what they say.. so why not?
    There is a break-in period, it's in your car manual. If you'd bothered to read it you'd know that. Don't go over 4k RPM before 1K miles are on the odo.

jb.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.