I have driven the STI with no salesman - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on I have driven the STI with no salesman within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know, they are big hypocrites. I would like them to be easier with people who modify their cars. Our ...

I know, they are big hypocrites. I would like them to be easier with people who modify their cars. Our dealership is very mod friendly, thanks to technicians like me. I don't deny warranty claims for burnt clutchesunless more than three gear teeth are missing, and Subaru makes us follow that. We are parts restricted on that issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

) Disclosure that the actual mileage is unknown if the transferror knows that the odometer reading is different from the number of miles the vehicle has actually traveled.
    -Motor Vehicle Cost Information Act, 49 U.S.C. Section 32704

If you are doing such a good job as #1 Subaru tech. then why don't you post up a location in your profile? Don't wanna get ****canned? Had to sneak out of the shop with the other tech. driving? Yeah, keep up the good work moron.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

He is responsible for the car and to fix it if something goes wrong. I work mostly on Dodges doing 15A. He had no problems with me driving the car that way and when I pulled over and he drove, he drove much the same way (smooth and hard). I don't post my location because I don't like being messed with by people like you. This site is about the truth and that's all I'm trying to present here. This is how it is where I am, maybe it's different where you are. Are you a technician? Do you work on cars? Or is yours just an uninforned opinion. I don't know whether I should take you seriously or not?

I have seen several people FIRED for doing exactly what you describe.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

I Support ClubWRX
    Why can't you just tell us where you work? If this is all true, your manager will probably congratulate you on fine work after receiving a few positive phone calls from members of this forum. What do you really think chevyeater is going to do? We'll mess with you on the board if you're lying to us, but I doubt anyone cares enough to come "mess with you". So, what are you afraid of?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

lol you guys are being nutty... this is an STi, its built to take abuse.... thats its job.. all the best parts... i doubt seriously that he hurt anything in the car... i mean u are sposed to vary RPM when breaking in a motor. you are even sposed to use the worst oil you can find, break the motor in... change to something else for ~3000 miles or so and switch to your favorite brand of synthetic oil... I dont know why subaru owners have to get all pissy about 'issues' its not like the person buying an STi is gonna be worrying about buying the extended warranty anyway.

-mike

edit: also, if any of you guys actually did track this guy down and call and 'tell' on him... you are lame.. if i were him, id drive and kick you in the shin.. that is all.

Originally posted by MJU1983
    lol you guys are being nutty... this is an STi, its built to take abuse.... thats its job.. all the best parts... i doubt seriously that he hurt anything in the car... i mean u are sposed to vary RPM when breaking in a motor. you are even sposed to use the worst oil you can find, break the motor in... change to something else for ~3000 miles or so and switch to your favorite brand of synthetic oil... I dont know why subaru owners have to get all pissy about 'issues' its not like the person buying an STi is gonna be worrying about buying the extended warranty anyway.

-mike

edit: also, if any of you guys actually did track this guy down and call and 'tell' on him... you are lame.. if i were him, id drive and kick you in the shin.. that is all.
    I am sorry, but I have to agree with this. Why is it that everyone has their pants in a twist about this? Was it YOUR car that was driven in this manner?

This thread is beginning to remind me of the warranty-related one a few months ago when someone decided to blow the wistle on someone by contacting SOA to report someone who wanted to go back to stock prior to making a warranty claim.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I think i konw where he works and the reason people are pissed is because its a mean thing to do. Would you like to have a stranger drive your car? Herb Gordon
    '04 Java Black Premium 5 Spd

Originally posted by jigga
    I am sorry, but I have to agree with this. Why is it that everyone has their pants in a twist about this? Was it YOUR car that was driven in this manner?
    W3RD

break in technique (or at all) is a highly disputed topic. some say wailing on the car will act as the proper final machining necessary to seal the rings, as it combines wear related activities and large heat dynamics.

some say baby the crap out of it so you don't over damage the rings.

THAT is the discussion here. not whether this guy was wrong. but no matter what, when i test drive a sports car, I'm going to see what the f*ck it can do, or i'm not going to buy it.

if you don't do the same, you're being stupid. you'd be buying a $30,000 product w/o even examining the entire thing. makes no sense.

dR

ps: tattle tails get beat up in the school yard for a reason. don't do it unless you're ready to take some licks b/c what goes around comes around.

get off it,it is my job, the green eyed monster is all around I don't tell you what state or anything because what i mite say here could help you from getting srewed like getting sucked into paying $2000 for a jensen radio and door speakers on your new sti also about what and for what dealers are going to viod your warrenty that info is not something they would be happy with me talking about.so that is why I dont tell you where I work.so lay off and take advantage of the oppertunity to ask real smart ? like why you dont need a turbo timer and so on I just wanted to tell you about a cool car I got to drive thanks to my friend and the manager and I am sure if you told him he would tell you the same thing.oh well I am sad that some of you are that upset , I guess the truth hurts sometimes. oh well i live in AZ my be that will help you get me fired hahahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by E23K13L420
    I think i konw where he works and the reason people are pissed is because its a mean thing to do. Would you like to have a stranger drive your car? Herb Gordon
    Strangers most likely drive your car when you take the thing in for service. When you go to get your wheels aligned after lowering the car, do you go out with the technician on his numerous testdrives to test the alignment? How does one know what is happening to the car then? Unless you have a camera mounted in the car, or can datalog the trips, you have no way of knowing.

Sure, it is not something you want to hear is happening to your car, but what can you do about it? Not much.... I know that during the PDI, the purpose is to find any glaring faults with the car before it is delivered to the customer, but how is the technician supposed to do this if drives the car like it is running on a wing and a prayer?

Herb, this reply is not really aimed specifically at you, but I hope you see where I am comming from
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

*********Please play nice***********

edit: Fine, I'll play nice but I don't see anything wrong with linking to his own post, right?

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...260#post200260
    Last edited by lstepnio; 05-30-2003 at 12:53 PM.

Yeah I was just going to post that also Fool posted back in March where he works at.

that is messed up that you guys are tattle tailing on him... what grade are you in?

I simply reposted information that he already posted on the forums. I'm not sure how that's tattle tailing?
    Last edited by lstepnio; 05-30-2003 at 11:50 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast