I have driven the STI with no salesman - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on I have driven the STI with no salesman within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by racerWRX **sighs**---- got my rex w/ 1.7 miles on it.....it was MY CHERRY TO POP Was it ...

Originally posted by racerWRX
    **sighs**---- got my rex w/ 1.7 miles on it.....it was MY CHERRY TO POP
    Was it everything you dreamed?
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm, that makes me wonder...

When I first saw my car at the dealership, it had 2.7 miles on it. When I picked it up a couple days later, it had 11.6 .... That's after we already purchased it... and they were just "prepping" it
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

sorry they come with 0 miles on them they dont count miles intill you put in the fuse or the check eng light flash you are lucky only a tech drove yours unlike all 9 of our sti fleet before they meet there owners every looser salesman drove it now that is not responsible.and my rex had 8 miles on it and i didnt give a thought to those miles.

Originally posted by Hot_Dog
    Was it everything you dreamed?
    thank you finally a real question yes it was and more

Sorry wrxtrme, I have to call BS on that mileage thing. It is illegal. As for Subaru telling you to beat the snot out of it, I just have to highly doubt that.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

This is terrible, and it does sound like the infamous Cobra incident. I could be wrong, but I thought the break-in procedure was to keep the car under 4k rpms for the first 1k miles, not let a jagoff tech (or techs or salemen) beat the **** out of it for the first 10 miles and then hand it off to the rightful owner.

Hearing stories like this bother me. I've got so much respect for other people's cars I could never imagine doing such a thing. It's one thing when it's your car, but someone else is trusting you to deliver their vehicle in mint condition.

Just my $.02.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

Listen, Subaru Tech, SBF#4 fuse is unplugged from the factory. You plug it in, you install it, and it wakes up and activates the body contol module and the instrument cluster. True, the actual mileage is higher than what is shown on the instrument cluster. That mileage is stored in the PCM and the difference is only about 3 miles. On a Dodge, you plug in the IOD fuse to do the same thing. So it is not "illegal", it is industry wide. It would only be illegal if the variance is more than 10 miles, and we check that during the PDI with a DRB (diagnostic readout box). So bite me, know it all. If you want to learn something you should ask someone who knows more about the subject than you. Do you have any questions?

Yes what dealership do you work for? I want to call the manager and verify that Subaru wants you to pound the snot out of thier brand new cars.
    -Brian.

Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Even tho I wouldn't want that to happen to my car...i'm still jealous of you!

(just don't do it to my car)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shadow
    [B], not let a jagoff tech (or techs or salemen) beat the **** out of it for the first 10 miles and then hand it off to the rightful owner.

When you buy a new car, the only thing you have in your mind is getting in it and driving. You don't want it to sputter, break down, overheat, knock, or any other number of Godawful things that new cars are prone to during the first 5-10 miles. Those miles should be hard but smooth. I didn't burn the clutch or hit the rev limiter. I did not abuse the car in any way - I just drove it hard. There is a difference. The person who buys this car, if he's cool, is going to want to drive it hard, whether or not he follows the suggested "break in" period or not. thank you for your two cents and thanks to a jagoff tech like me your car didn't overheat, sputter or knock when you picked it up. And believe me, more than one new car has had problems discovered during the PDI that we fixed before the customer took delivery.

I see what wrxtrme is saying, and I kinda believe it. Fact of the matter is that he has driven the STi, and I haven't... that's sad

That is why the PDI tech at my dealership is 62 years old. They hired him after firing the jagoff kid that beat the snot out of every car. I was really glad when the guy that just bought a 50 thousand dollar Corvette caught that little terd beating the car.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by wrxtrme
    First off, there is a break- in period. Secondly, as a tech, if it is going to break, I am going to break it! Would you be happy if you just paid $42000 for an STI and the first time you floor it "BOOM!"? So for the record, the factory tells us Technicians to beat the s*** out of them during a PDI, so for the record, I drive all cars tough and mean, and put all of them through the paces from the crappy Neons to Vipers, OK? A car is treated ten times worse by dumb people who think you launch an all wheel drive car by bringing the revs to 4 or 5 and dropping the clutch. And also let me say, the district Subaru tech advisor, Mike really liked my story, so if you're a Tech can I get an "Amen" and for those who don't understand, I feel sorry for you. If anyone has any real questions (about the car) please post them.
    all this while subaru has been known to deny warrenty service for "spirited driving"
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    all this while subaru has been known to deny warrenty service for "spirited driving"
    What do they expect you to do with the nice free SCCA membership? Cruise at 10 mph and brake way early for the turns in autox? Sounds like hypocrisy :-p
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Sounds like hypocrisy :-p
    doesnt sound like. IT IS!
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.