2 fast 2 furious cars - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2 fast 2 furious cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it is an evo 7, and i know they were beaten on, but still... i just love how they act ...

it is an evo 7, and i know they were beaten on, but still... i just love how they act like they are all 13 sec and below cars
    Last edited by ebr0t; 05-28-2003 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    I can understand not wanting top of the line cars. After all, why would they pour thousands of dollars into a car (for performance that the edit room can give) only to see the car go up in a fireball for a 10 second clip of the film?

Having said that, how on earth did they only manage a 5.7 0-60 with a Comptech S2000? I used to own one, and on a good launch you could beat that time stock!

Also, wasn't the evolution they used an Evo VII and not the new VIII?
    Yeah, it's the evo 6 or 7.
    I'm not sure if I want to see that movie now. I think I am going to throw up.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Originally posted by wrxlude
    its an evo 7, ill go and try to look at it as entertainment, but i probably will just get a good laugh outta it... even how all the stunts on ther commercials you can tell are fake
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

"2 furious cause were not 2 fast" is more like it
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

I was just thinking....did anyone hear if whistle tips are going to be in the movie. also, WHY OH WHY was Bubb Rubb not in the movie?!?!?!
    I don't get it...
    - a sad STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

Originally posted by wrxlude
    LOL...if they want to make the movie realistic, why don't they pit these cars against a 1996 Cadillac STS (0-60 6.4 sec), a 1991 Dodge Stealth (0-60 6.0 sec), a 1994 Buick Park Avenue (0-60 7.3 sec), and a 1992 Volkswagen Corrado (0-60 6.8 sec). Of course, you'd have to paint them some God-awful fluorescent mauve or toupe, put on 20 lbs of stickers, and a wing bigger than my dining room table.

I can just see it. The grand finale is the Evo VII vs granny in the Buick Park Avenue. Granny pulls up, flashs a roll of hundreds, and says, "Yo G, we gonna do this, or do I gots ta stick you wif my shiv?" It'd be a photo finish.

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    LOL...if they want to make the movie realistic, why don't they pit these cars against a 1996 Cadillac STS (0-60 6.4 sec), a 1991 Dodge Stealth (0-60 6.0 sec), a 1994 Buick Park Avenue (0-60 7.3 sec), and a 1992 Volkswagen Corrado (0-60 6.8 sec). Of course, you'd have to paint them some God-awful fluorescent mauve or toupe, put on 20 lbs of stickers, and a wing bigger than my dining room table.

I can just see it. The grand finale is the Evo VII vs granny in the Buick Park Avenue. Granny pulls up, flashs a roll of hundreds, and says, "Yo G, we gonna do this, or do I gots ta stick you wif my shiv?" It'd be a photo finish.
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    20lbs of stickers!!!! you forgot the Ford Probe (stealth close enough)
    I just hope with all my might that not ONE WRX is in that movie. to be associated with that movie is a shame. People would come up to me and say 'i saw a couple of Preludes in fast and furious'
    "that's nice...give me my change please''
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

Sadly there is, an APC WRX. OH the shame.

But just think guys, we can beat all the cars in the movie.
    2002 PSM WRX, silencer removed, K&N filter, Unorthodox pullies, MRT uppipe, BPM turboback, Samco hoses, Turbo XS unichip, Turbo XS Top Mount,GReddy pro-fec B boost controller, Grounding Mod, Eibach springs, GFB BOV,Excel wheels, Cusco rear sway bar & end links, STI hoodscoop

Angry My views on The Bi & The Curious (1 & 2)

OK, the first movie was novel. Then I watched it a couple more times and realized that the movie scrpit was probably written in a weekend. The plot was weak, the dialogue was lame. Then I counted all the inaccuracies, such as the 6-speed automatic charger (count the shifts in that 30-second 10-second race, i dare ya), the fact that it'll go faster even though you just launched a piece of your valvetrain out the head, the rediculous reference to nitrous as "NOZ" (every squid with a civic now instantly thinks that hitting the button at the top of 5th will drastically increase their top speed), the fact that a bunch of punk @$$holes could just close off a 4 lane road in the middle of a city and drag race...the list goes on. In short, what started as a good idea quickly turned into brainfood for retards and boosted sales of fart pipes and erector-set wings.

I saw the previews for 2 Gay & 2 Curious and I won't even go see it. C'MON! Each exhaust pipe emits flames the color of it's car?!?!?! Get the F*ck outta here!!! And once again, the coolest car (Cobra R) gets hopelessly destroyed! At least some parts of the first movie were believeable. I GUARANTEE that this movie will hardly resemble anything within the realm of possibility. Hollywood is gay. I boycott this movie and strongly urge others to do the same.

enough ranting for now...
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

hey kramit,

the original movie was based on the true story of a street racer in New York, and yes, the racers, actually did take over streets inside the city late at night to race.

The only real inaccuracy about the street race in the original movie was having four cars racing at once. It was really only two cars at once, but the director thought that four cars would look more exciting.

and by the way, the new movie's name should be 2 slow, 2 delirious because of all the slow times posted in the Sport Subcompact Car mag.

The original was based on a real story in New York? haha that's a first because then they should have had the movie take place in New York and not Los Angeles. I doubt that this movie was based on a true story.
    Turbo kicks ass!!

No, hes telling the truth!

Also, the new movie Bruce Almighty... that's based on a true story too! I talked to a homeless guy today and he told me so!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

why are you guys complaining about the cars being slow? dont worry, they'll just add more blurring effects.

LoL

the first movie had a horrible script plus bad actors. I just love the scene where his laptop says like "manifold overheat" or some garbage like that and he slams the laptop down and yells at it and then some diamond stamped metal plate flies out somehow... classic

right...so my laptop tells me that my egt is throught the roof, and that somehow causes my passenger side floorpan (which is pop-rivited in btw) to bust out... uh huh

oh one more thing Hollywood, NITROUS ISN'T FLAMMABLE!!!! It merely provides extra oxygen atoms to existing combustion, and last i heard, nitrogen wasn't explosive either....

hey, this is fun, how many more can we come up with?
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast