Saw a new STi...impressed
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Saw a new STi...impressed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A blue STi was stopped at a local motorcycle shop, and i was admiring it when the owner walked up. ...

Saw a new STi...impressed

A blue STi was stopped at a local motorcycle shop, and i was admiring it when the owner walked up. I told him i liked his car, and he mubled some junk about, "hah wanna race?" in a very snide fashion. Anyway, although driven by a flamming *******, the new STi's are absolutly amazing looking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I've been wondering if the STi owners are going to get a bad rep as a result of a couple weenies who think they are "gawd" on wheels. It seems like you already drive with a target on your back where every gear head wants to take you on regardless of what they're driving...and I can only imagine this would go up exponentially if you're driving a big winged STi (or even an Evo for that matter).

T.

I was flicked off by two guys around my age(mid 20's) driving a silver EVO, they came through the light I was waiting at, and flicked me off through the sunroof. This crap as already started,

You see, thats why i hang with a Viper owner. Yeah, our 4 door boxes are pretty cool, but they get their fair share of jerks just like anything else.

You may even mod your car out so that it can hang with a Viper on a track or from a line. . . . but chicks flash the Viper.

I don't care how cool you think your car is, you aint getting that kinda play. ;p

just goes to show that even jerks can drive WRXs. lol.

don't even sweat it though. Work hard and save a penny or two and you'll have the car of your dreams in no time.

I saved for six years and kept my old car for more than 200,000 miles but I eventually got my WRX.

Just be glad for the ride that you have now because it sure beats walking or taking the bus.

Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

A white one made it to the local dealer here as well over the weekend (I live in BFE, no idea how we got one so quick). I was very un-impressed. Hood scoop is more rediculous than anything I've ever seen on a Mustang. Wing is a definite no-go. No STI for me. Only interested in S60R & EVO8 at this point...

VV
    (hey, it was an opinion thread, right?)

Originally posted by CKxx
    A blue STi was stopped at a local motorcycle shop, and i was admiring it when the owner walked up. I told him i liked his car, and he mubled some junk about, "hah wanna race?" in a very snide fashion. Anyway, although driven by a flamming *******, the new STi's are absolutly amazing looking.

Re: Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Only interested in S60R & EVO8 at this point...

VV
    S60R.......
    I gotta get me one of those too! Did you see the testdrive on the Speed Channel???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I've also got dibs on an S60R in a few years
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Re: Re: Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

Nope, missed it. Quick synopsis maybe?

VV

Originally posted by jigga
    S60R.......
    I gotta get me one of those too! Did you see the testdrive on the Speed Channel???

S60 R = Yummy. Reminds me of the old 850 R Turbo I always wanted.
    Last edited by bdoug; 02-03-2006 at 06:13 AM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

Originally posted by CKxx
    Did he not see you driving a WRX? But yeah, I have heard or seen 3 STI drivers. 1 was cool, 2 were bad. Not going so good so far.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Re: Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

I was very un-impressed. Hood scoop is more rediculous than anything I've ever seen on a Mustang. Wing is a definite no-go. No STI for me. Only interested in S60R & EVO8 at this point...

VV
    Yeah but that EVO8 with huge wing, pontiac front end and Altezza lights takes the cake huh?
    04 SVT Lightning

Re: Re: Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

Yep (minus altezzas). You know how opinions are...everyone has one...mine just happen to be right

VV

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Yeah but that EVO8 with huge wing, pontiac front end and Altezza lights takes the cake huh?

My friends mom just took delivery of a new STi this afternnoon, and shes cool, so that helps up the 'cool driver' count...

ALSO, its awesome to see people liking the fast volvos. When I had my civic I was obliterated by some guy in a 750R wagon. I was proud to see its tail lights.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Saw a new STi...impressed

Yep (minus altezzas). You know how opinions are...everyone has one...mine just happen to be right

VV
    LOL. Hey man, I wouldnt mind driving either one. I just think they both have the mild "flash" factor goin on.
    04 SVT Lightning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.