WRX vs 1st Gen Big 16g Talon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs 1st Gen Big 16g Talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This race just happened on the way back from getting some lunch. I was making a left onto a 4 ...

WRX vs 1st Gen Big 16g Talon

This race just happened on the way back from getting some lunch.

I was making a left onto a 4 lane highway that leads back to my workplace when I noticed a 1st gen talon behind me with a big monster tach. I made the left like normal and was doing about 40 mph in 3rd when in the rear view I noticed his car squat and start gaining on me pretty quickly. He caught up to my rear bumper when I downshifted into Second. He never caught me. By 115 or so I was several cars ahead so we both shut down.

I look ahead and we are coming up to a red light, both lanes clear! Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped. We line up and we both roll our windows down and I ask if he wants to go at the light. "No, I'm having problems with my cams. They're wearing down." ..... ok, so why did you try and race me from a roll? I asked him what he had done and he said "16g" at which point I asked big or small, to which he answered big.

Anyways, when the light turned green I went like normal until he hit it in front of me. Same story as before, with me reeling him in pretty quickly. Overall he was a pretty cool guy. He did mention that his friend just bought an STi.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice run! Those cars are beasts to deal with.

He should replace his worn cams along with the steel plate on the floor of his car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

No way man, he needs more NAWS!!!!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Nice! Those Big 16g's can huff and puff quite a bit!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Re: WRX vs 1st Gen Big 16g Talon

Good kill

Originally posted by silverscooby
    "No, I'm having problems with my cams. They're wearing down."
    Last edited by bdoug; 02-03-2006 at 06:13 AM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

LOL Thanks man!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Ha, wearing down...lets stop and think about this for a minute. If his cams were worn away, where would all this metel debris go? into the oil! I think he would have some serious problems in that case beyond the slowness of his car.

Yeah, it was funny how he wasnt worried about his cams when he first tried to race me from a roll.

By the way, I wasnt using nitrous. I noticed that I have that as a mod in my signature.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.