Corvette Encounter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Corvette Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I knew someone w/ a factory 91 Corevtte ... we did a small caravan up to a retreat this weekend ...

Corvette Encounter

I knew someone w/ a factory 91 Corevtte ... we did a small caravan up to a retreat this weekend up 400N. We were able to do 2x 20-100 runs and 1x 40-100 for a total or 3 runs. By 100mph I was 5+ car lengths ahead and still pulling. I have it on video and you can see from the passenger side mirror the little blue spec in the rear.
    However the driver of the Corvette was not too skilled on mountain driving. We went to Helen after the retreat yesterday and he totalled his car off the side of a mountain which I also have on video ... it's weird how life plays out. I guess we have to have hope that all things happen for a reason. We make our own decisions and we grow w/ each experience.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

holy $hit...that's f'ed...

is he ok? i can't beleive you have that on video...that is one vid i would not want to see if that was my car...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Sucks about buddy wrecking his car. Is he alright?

Good kills. Something to remember is that the 91 Vette's have the L98 engine. The L98 sucks on the top end - it's a torque monster down low though.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Yo

He's fine ... he's just depressed about the situation ... I'd be in even worse of a state in his position. He's into cars since he owns three cars ... now it's only two. He's seeing the performnace and value from Subaru and he's looking into a WRX but I would like to see him get a STI. Nothing too serious, it's just ideas he's looking at. He should be joining us at the Subaru dealer tonight for the STI display.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

post the video, I wanna see

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.