These Honda guys are driving me insane!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on These Honda guys are driving me insane! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There just aren't a lot of cars in my area that want to have a little stoplight fun. But the ...

Ike

These Honda guys are driving me insane!

There just aren't a lot of cars in my area that want to have a little stoplight fun. But the one thing I keep coming across is modded hondas that have really cowardly drivers.

On Saturday I was cruising around a few of the local 4 lane streets with a lot of stoplights looking for a little fun. I take a left onto one of these streets and whatdya know a honda civic with exaust, altezzas, wheels tires and a few other exterior mods had just turned in front of me. Pull up next to him, slow to his speed and look over, he won't even glance at me. The light in front of us turns red and we are both first in line in our lane and we're both rolling to a stop, so I'm licking my chops. He all the sudden short brakes and tucks in behind me, didn't turn, just got behind me on a 4 lane road with no other car in the lane next to me.

Keep driving around for a while and another honda with even more done to the exterior (stickers galore) is up ahead of me, I speed and he is stuck at a red light with the lane next to him open, I pull up next to him and suddenly his turn signal goes on and he makes a left.

Today on the highway I'm cruising around on the highway and I see a little white car ahead weaving in and out of traffic, turns out to be the ugliest most riced out Del Sol I have ever seen and he is driving like a moron weaving in and out of traffic. The thing had BIG red Japanese symbols all over it and a wing that looked like it had a Hibachi attachment on it. I pull up next to him in the right lane he sort of looks over, brakes fairly hard and ends up pulling in behind a car doing about 60 in a 65 zone. I slow to the speedlimit, and he just stays put as I slowly pull away.

Then I come up to a civic that looked pretty stock (other than the exaust) weaving in and out of traffic much like the Del Sol and I pull up behind him while he's riding someones ass in the right lane, as soon as I'm behind him he puts his signal on and gets into the exit lane that that had been there for about a mile... Oh, did I mention the guy had painted white numbers on his window and that it happened to be an airport exit... From the looks of him and his car he wasn't exactly on his way out of town, and he could have been passing all these cars that he was bobbing and weaving around in the empty airport exit lane that was empty and had been there for about a mile.

Hell, I was all ready to race a Viper on Saturday, I was behind him on the very street where the first Honda was but he made a right turn on a 2 lane sidestreet before I had even caught up to him. Sure I would have gotten my ass kicked, but it would have been fun to see what the difference is for 0-60 in 4 secs compared to 0-60 in 5.5 secs. Also saw a 911 Turbo today, I'm guessing 02, I was behind him for a while in some traffic and I just drooled and mumbled something illegible to my girlfriend. I would have gladly gotten my ass kicked by him as well Why do these Honda guys even bother with the mods to make a car look fast but won't mess with anything unless they know it's a sure win?

<rant off>

Ike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Doode ... don't even waste your time flexing on the Honda boys.

I don't even take a second glance at them unless they're revving at me.

Well I wouldnt down them for NOT participating in illegal street racing.
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Well I wouldnt down them for NOT participating in illegal street racing.

that or maybe you just caught them all at a bad time. don't put down the honda boys, hondas are very good cars, wished my rex ran as smooth as my gsr.
    autobots transform

Ike
    I never said they weren't good cars, in fact hondas have some of the nicest drive trains I have ever driven. But it's not like these guys are buying the cars because of the great gas mileage and reliability. As far as the illegal street racing goes... technically maybe, but we're not talking high speed overly dangerous stuff here. I'm not out there trying to be reckless and exceed the speedlimit by large amounts.

Ike

Try going to the track, guaranteed to get a race there!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Ike
    I'll be at the strip soon, most likely next week. I want to get a couple runs in before any mods to see how things progress. Also wanting to head to blackhawk farms for a few laps.

Ike

I Support ClubWRX
    To be fair, you'd be complaining also if every Honda you ran into tried to race. Hey, at least you don't have to waste your gas taking on lawnmowers. It seems as though ricers in your town have a bit of sense when it comes to the competition. It's a very rare day when a modified Honda (even heavily modified) can touch a stock WRX.

Honda drivetrains are nice and smooth, but I think the WRX runs just as well as my car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Ike
    So is it just that it costs a ton of money to get a honda to be fast compared to a WRX? So they just spend the money on making the car LOOK fast? I guess I just don't get the whole Honda sub-culture. I buy a car based on performance, looks will always take a back seat.

Ike

I Support ClubWRX
    I couldn't agree more!

I'd rather have a sleeper 400hp Pontiac Aztek (or is it ass-tek?) than an Escalade with 14 DVD players and 24" rims. I'm all about the performance factor. Looks are way down on the list for me.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

It's not nice to go picking on honduhs.
    I don't bother with 'em unless they start it. You can beat them at half throttle anyway so why wast gas?

I had a Mustang try to start something yesterday, he revved as I was just cruising but I hung back waiting for the next light to turn red so we could go at it. The guy saw the light change and gunned it, he ran the red light big time in order to avoid going from a stop. F'n ******* I was a little upset had the adrenaline going for nothing.

if any of you guys live in so cal, some of my friends would be more then glad too lay the smack down on some cocky wrx guys. all motor at that.

Originally posted by axion7606
    if any of you guys live in so cal, some of my friends would be more then glad too lay the smack down on some cocky wrx guys. all motor at that.
    All engine...motors are electric.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

Tell your all-motor boys to come up to my elevation and see how they do... a stock WRX will take pretty much any all-motor Honda at this elevation, whether it runs 14s or 10s.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.