These Honda guys are driving me insane! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on These Honda guys are driving me insane! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Integra96 To be fair, you'd be complaining also if every Honda you ran into tried to race. ...

Originally posted by Integra96
    To be fair, you'd be complaining also if every Honda you ran into tried to race. Hey, at least you don't have to waste your gas taking on lawnmowers. It seems as though ricers in your town have a bit of sense when it comes to the competition. It's a very rare day when a modified Honda (even heavily modified) can touch a stock WRX.

Honda drivetrains are nice and smooth, but I think the WRX runs just as well as my car.
    Yea, it seems strange that most of the posts I see around here complain that "every Honda wants to race me" and now we hear someone complaining that they're not wanting to race. Catch-22 in the world of cars I guess.

Anyway, the statement that "its a very rare day when a modified Honda (even heavily modified) can touch a stock WRX" isn't exactly true. Granted, its a stupid comparison because mod for mod, there's no doubt that a WRX will waste 99% of the Honda's on the road, but I think I would do quite well against a stock WRX...

Obviously, a $40 investment on his/her part would put them out of my league, but still - I hardly would consider my car to be "heavily modified" yet I would do just fine against a stock WRX. He'd/she'd better launch the hell out of the car from a stop is all I can say.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by STIwish
    WOW!!! im shocked, someone that actually knows the name of my town... yeah, im in Bishop... where you at?
    Every SoCal snowboarder knows bishop.
    MMMM beef jerkey from bishop.
    The Loan Pine Time Trials are coming I would check it out if I were you!
    click on events
    Autocross is fun!

My registration has been in for a month... I will definately be out at Manzanar this weekend... going to be my first Auto-X. Yes, everyone coming from SoCal to snowboard at Mammoth knows Bishop.. buts its usually known as 'that place with the jerky' or 'that mule place'.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

That event looks like alot of fun 2 Miles on coney goodness!
    Good Luck, I know you'll have lots o' fun.
    Just like I said mmmm beef jerky from Bishop.

I went a couple of years back.. my dad runs his SC'ed Miata every year... the heat is unbearable.. but its the biggest Auto-X course ive ever seen.. the straights are crazy.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I Support ClubWRX
    smokey: good point. I was just referring to the plethora of Honda guys that throw every bolt on (except for a turbo maybe) at their Accords, Civics, whatever, and still run high 14's/low 15's at the track. I see it all the time. Even a few decked out, turboed Hondas around here don't often see anything below mid 14's. They're great cars and all, but a Rex is just in a different world.

As far as your car goes, that's a great place the start. The 2.0L is a sweet engine stock, and a few mods really sweeten things. Go for a 2.4L swap! Nice car, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hey Ike is that your car in your avatar if so is that the wing west body kit? could i see more pics of your car please? i jus got me the body kit last week but never installed and paint yet. But i really wanna see how it would look on a white wrx becoz i have a white wrx.

Ike
    Ask an ye shall receive. As is explained in the post I didn't get a good match on the kit, it's actually worse in the photos than it is in person. It's getting repainted some time in the next couple weeks and the door caps are being put on.

Photos of the new car, white WRX

Originally posted by Integra96
    smokey: good point. I was just referring to the plethora of Honda guys that throw every bolt on (except for a turbo maybe) at their Accords, Civics, whatever, and still run high 14's/low 15's at the track. I see it all the time. Even a few decked out, turboed Hondas around here don't often see anything below mid 14's. They're great cars and all, but a Rex is just in a different world.

As far as your car goes, that's a great place the start. The 2.0L is a sweet engine stock, and a few mods really sweeten things. Go for a 2.4L swap! Nice car, though.

I hear you, I just was making a point

You should go to ClubRSX (don't go to the kills section though, bunch of psycho's) and check out what they're doing with this car. One guy is using a 2.4l block from the Element, so we'll have to see what that does (see Performance section, Boost or N/A sections for more info).

With Cybernation, Hytech, Toda, etc.. making kits right now, its getting fun as hell. But its still not nearly as easy as making a turbo car a beast...which is why I love the Rex and have so much respect for it.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by STIwish
    I went a couple of years back.. my dad runs his SC'ed Miata every year... the heat is unbearable.. but its the biggest Auto-X course ive ever seen.. the straights are crazy.
    Ahh man maybe I should drive up! How far is that? 8 nah..6 nah...4 nah...hehe go real fast!

Sorry for the thread jack, proceed to bash Honduhs pleez.

Originally posted by Ike
    Ask an ye shall receive. As is explained in the post I didn't get a good match on the kit, it's actually worse in the photos than it is in person. It's getting repainted some time in the next couple weeks and the door caps are being put on.

Photos of the new car, white WRX

tnx alot man!!! they look sweet on ur car and should look sweet on mines. btw is that the fiber glass kit or the real one?? i got the real one

Ike
    Didn't know there were 2 kits, but it's not fiberglass <shrug>

Ike
    After going to my first Autox on Sunday I have to say I have great respect for the capabilities of the S2000. I don't care how tight or long the track is, outrunning a Z06 is quite the feat.

i don't know, the ITR turbo down here could take most of the WRX in this board.

Ike
    No doubt the smaller Acuras and Hondas can be quite impressive at the track, but for every decent car on the track there are 100 civics running around that look 10x faster than any of those track cars will ever be, but have nothing more than a 79.95 glorified folgers can for performance mods.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 06-04-2003 at 09:42 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast