These Honda guys are driving me insane! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on These Honda guys are driving me insane! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah everyone knows elevation kills NA motors more then turbo so is that what it takes to win? elevation and ...

yeah everyone knows elevation kills NA motors more then turbo so is that what it takes to win? elevation and turbo too beat a wimpy 1.8liter motor? get a life. yer just another cocky "i hate honduh" sube owner. grow up. i had a honda and now own a sube and i love em both. and they both have great potential. but yer just as bad as the ricers thinking u race a few slow riced hondas and all of a sudden they all suck...<thumbsown>
    2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL!! You assume so much.. I actually do like Hondas, I actually owned a 95 SI before I had to sell it to pay for legal fees.. I have seen and helped with my share of incredibly fast Hondas including 'all-motor' 11 second cars and I give them hella credit cause that takes a LOT of tuning and a lot of cash to go that fast without FI on such a tiny engine... but where I'm at, there is no challenge to be had by any NA Honda whether is a stock B16A or a CRVTEC frankenstein... dont hate on someone you know nothing about
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

whats yer elevation? in cali the track is around 4000ft and that hurts alot. i.e. friend only ran a 13.7 on street tires. so u probly live in colorado? or something of that elevation?
    2008 Evo X

Nah, actually Im about 4 hours north of LA near Mammoth... closest drag strip is Inyo/Kern Drag Strip (FWD hell... traction blows, elevation is high)... elevation up here is a little above 4000.. like 4102.. but FWD 4cyl cars that run low to mid 11s closer to sea level(Hondas mostly) rarely see anything under mid-14s.. due to elevation and traction issues.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

i drive a honda civic and i dont care if u tried to run me off the road i will never ever race a rex again ever,,but tried in a month or so when i get my rex. i put a honda sign on there just for u..kkkkkk

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that most honda drivers like to show off until a bigger fish comes along. lol.

I ought to know. I owned a civic hatch a few years ago. They're great cars for doing flybys and all, but they simply suck at racing unless you swap an engine or add a bigA$$ turbo.

They're just down on power, but don't hate on every honda owner because of it. Everybody wants to feel cool when they're driving. It's just the american way.

Just imagine if you were riding along in your rex and a saleen s7 pulled alongside you. What would you do? One thing is for certain, it definitely wouldn't be a race.

well when i owned my honda, and my friends have them. they bought em with the sole purpose of taking out the puny pos engine and swapping the motors. then building them up. stock hondas yes they are slow. cept for nsx and the itr has superior handling. i miss my honda everyone used too try and race me and i would smote them cause they thought i was juss a slow econo sohc civic.(i loved the look on there faces after) in the wrx no one ever wants to race
    2008 Evo X

What is a Civic anyway?

Honda tells me two different things...first, it's the car girls drive when they don't really know sh#t about cars and instead think about fat squirrels.

Then they tell me "honda nation represent" and have all these modded civics.

So can someone weigh in? I got a rex. I know what my car is.

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    Try going to the track, guaranteed to get a race there!

I agree
    "Ahhhh, the sweet whistle of the turbo spooling up."

Originally posted by dutty yea
    i drive a honda civic and i dont care if u tried to run me off the road i will never ever race a rex again ever,,but tried in a month or so when i get my rex. i put a honda sign on there just for u..kkkkkk

What are you saying?

Originally posted by STIwish
    Nah, actually Im about 4 hours north of LA near Mammoth...
    Bishop? Lone Pine?

Originally posted by axion7606
    yeah everyone knows elevation kills NA motors more then turbo so is that what it takes to win? elevation and turbo too beat a wimpy 1.8liter motor? get a life. yer just another cocky "i hate honduh" sube owner. grow up. i had a honda and now own a sube and i love em both. and they both have great potential. but yer just as bad as the ricers thinking u race a few slow riced hondas and all of a sudden they all suck...<thumbsown>

I think the original complaint was that the honda guys that he tried to race are all show and no go. I personally think that is annoying, but to each their own.

It seems to me that there are many hondas around with a lot of plastic stuff attached to the exterior. I think that is what some complain about and where the honda bashing comes from.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by PKer

What are you saying?
    Thats what I was thinking.

Maybe it is some cryptic riddle.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

yes there are alotta poser/ricer hondas about. gives the rest a bad name
    2008 Evo X

WOW!!! im shocked, someone that actually knows the name of my town... yeah, im in Bishop... where you at?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast