Anyone took on a 92 Mustang LX 5.0?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone took on a 92 Mustang LX 5.0? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This guy wants to race me in his LX 5.0 and mentioned that he has never lost a race but ...

Anyone took on a 92 Mustang LX 5.0?

This guy wants to race me in his LX 5.0 and mentioned that he has never lost a race but once. Anyone knows how fast they are in a roll race? BTW, it's an auto and stock.

Thanks guys,
    Last edited by WRXreX; 05-26-2003 at 04:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am willing to bet he isnt stock if hes "never lost a race." They arent fast in stock form but are great because they are very light and have extraordinary potential in that engine. Id give you the win easily and 100%, but be weary of a large shot lurking in that car. Nobody is that confident in a stock car that IS NOT fast to begin with.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

Just hope its stock....

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

I live in a small town that has alot of older 5.0 mustangs and have probably raced 4 or 5 in the 2 months ive had my rex which isnt quite stock. No bs, ive beat every one of them by alot, if he is truly stock you should blow his door handles off without breaking a sweat, let me know how ya do.

The 5.0 Fox bodys are nothin... look at 15s or higher thanks to the disrepair of most of them by now... Im almost totally stock and I have killed 4 of them locally.. but they were almost all stock minus one.. and he went down pretty easily.. no joke, they just arent that fast without some mods.. but once they get modded.. watch out cause they will throw you a beating
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

LX vs WRX

my buddy used to have an auto LX...either 91 or 92.....it was not nearly as fast as a stock wrx......and with your mods you should be able to take him I would think.....
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

My buddy has one he runs 12.90's w/o a hole lot of mods but I can still beat him on the street. Spins his ass off w/o slicks.

Mine is an auto, it was pretty slow when I got it...changed out the gears to 3.73's and did some other small mods (cold air, throttle body, pullies, etc) and it woke the car up pretty quick. Like the others said, if its truly stock you'll have no problem. Mine looks stock, right down to the old 10 hole rims...best e.t. 13.4

Yeah, I also had a guy tell me that he used to have a STOCK 5.0 LX that would pull the front wheels off the ground.

If he's stock....you shouldn't have a problem, I can beat the newer GT's on the highway if their stock, and those are faster.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

I thought I could beat a friend's friend's 5.0 in my Lude, until I saw him run a 10.43 (with nitrous) at the track. 11 something w/o
    Mustangs aren't beasts, for the most part
    unless you have a new cobra!!!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

One of the biggest problems with the old fox body mustangs (87-93) is that a person never REALLY knows what lurks under the hood or in the trunk. As I recall, a couple of the old ragazines tested them on a yearly basis and in '88, Car and Driver put a stock LX sedan (notchback) on the track and it pulled a 5.9 0-60 and a low 14 ET...stock. The notchback had nothing on it but A/C and a couple of power accessories so it was light. In '89 Ford went to a mass air meter (from a speed density unit) and the car (another one of course) ran 6.2 to sixty and a mid 14 et. I have these issues and I'll try to locate them...I'm just an old mustanger from the early 90's rambling about how good the car actually was I suppose...I like my rex a lot better then I ever did my old 'stangs though. I had an '89 Saleen hatchback that would give the rex a run for it's money (today) but it had a 3.55 gear and is really a tuner car so it's not really a fair comparison. The guy who wants to race you...he has something up his sleeve, no doubt about it..watch out..
    -Colin

'03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

Well, I just walked a 95 GT from a 3rd gear roll so you should be alright with your mods, unless the 'stang guy is bsing about his.

If he wants to run for money I would be suspicious. If its just for the goof then why not run? Whatever will be, will be.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

I found a list of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times online. Here's the stats for a STOCK 92 Mustang LX 5.0

0-60 6.2 sec
    1/4 mile 14.8

For the 2002 WRX, it lists 5.7 in the 0-60, and 14.4 in the quarter.

As you can see, a stock WRX should take it (assuming you're not a bad driver).

Here's the web site FYI. It's just one guy's record of reported times, so take it for what its worth:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    I found a list of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times online. Here's the stats for a STOCK 92 Mustang LX 5.0

0-60 6.2 sec
    1/4 mile 14.8

For the 2002 WRX, it lists 5.7 in the 0-60, and 14.4 in the quarter.

As you can see, a stock WRX should take it (assuming you're not a bad driver).

Here's the web site FYI. It's just one guy's record of reported times, so take it for what its worth:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
    Not sure if stock WRX can take LX 5.0 in a roll. Stock WRX has a full second slower "street start" time.....

Originally posted by STIwish
    The 5.0 Fox bodys are nothin... look at 15s or higher thanks to the disrepair of most of them by now... Im almost totally stock and I have killed 4 of them locally.. but they were almost all stock minus one.. and he went down pretty easily.. no joke, they just arent that fast without some mods.. but once they get modded.. watch out cause they will throw you a beating
    That's funny, I happen to own one of those Mustangs in disrepair. When I bought it from the FL DOT (ex FHP car) it had 80K miles and went 14.0 @97.45MPH in as delivered condition from FL DOT. After a much needed tune up (plugs,wires,cap,rotor,oil change,K&N filter) it ran a best of 13.80 @ 98.90MPH on 225/60/16 GoodYear GT+4 all season tires. Since then I have added a few mods (see sig. for current mods) and run 13.3x @103.xxMPH on the same GT+4 street tires and 155K miles showing on the odometer. Having beat more than my fair share of WRX's both on the street and track I'll let you in on the secret to my succes. You have to be able to drive the car, not just spin the crap out of the tires. Mustangs a very front heavy as I'm sure most of you know and as a result are difficult to launch hard. Example: I have let several friends drive my car at the track and not one of them can get within .5 seconds of my times. Why? Because they can't drive worth a damn that's why. Some of these friends let me drive their cars at the track and I beat their personal best by .2 seconds or more on a single pass. The point to my novel is don't think that all stock or stock appearing Mustangs are dogs just because the guy behind the wheel can't drive. I have seen more than a few 5spd WRX's go high 15s at the track so I guess that means that all WRX's are slow right? No, just the driver for what ever reason.
    1993 ex FHP Mustang 5spd,3.08,ac,ps,pb.
    mods. to date: mac cold air kit, short belt, h-pipe, relocate ACT sensor to driver side fender well, Batt. moved to the trunk.
    Best ET:13.834 @ 100.605
    Best 60' 1.99 on Radials.
    -Update: 1/17/01
    Best ET:13.758 @ 99.59
    -Update:10/17/01
    BestET: 13.555 @ 101.83
    Best 60' 1.90 on Radials.
    -Update:2/27/02
    BestET: 13.486 @ 102.10
    -Update:10/04/02
    BestET: 13.434 @ 103.23
    -Update: 10/16/02