Anyone took on a 92 Mustang LX 5.0? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone took on a 92 Mustang LX 5.0? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Rereading the first post, I noticed you said he's won every time except for one. What was that one against? ...

Rereading the first post, I noticed you said he's won every time except for one. What was that one against? Finding that out, and how much he lost by, might give you a better idea of what kind of numbers he is putting down than anything we can tell you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I recall the '93 LX Notchback (read Trunk) running around the 14.5 mark. Lightweight and very stiff body. GTs packed extra weight with the same power so... who knows. Stock for stock though, you should have him from a dead stop.

PS. AND I'm not ashamed to admit, that the '93 5.0 Notchback is one of my favorites rides of all time. FORD Baby! Of course, screw the poor gas mileage and zero traction in the rain or snow. The 2005 stangs look sweet however.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

Originally posted by Sick Boy
    Of course, screw the poor gas mileage .
    My first 5.0 was a 1988 White GT Convertible that was loaded (Pleather interior, stereo, power EVERYTHING) but had a 2.73 rear end on it. Still went like stink but got good gas mileage. I took it to Florida in 1996 for a summer trip, loaded with mine and my friends luggage and for the trip down, got 29 MPG. Coming back I got 28. No lie. That car got some good mileage. If I remember correctly, I averaged 22 mpg over the course of the 3 years I owned the car. Not too shabby..
    -Colin

'03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

It is important to know that while these cars SUCK and should all be destroyed, they are built to go fast in a straight line. Stock, however, you should have no problem taking it out. His VERY LOW redline will do him in.

FL5.0,

Fox body stangs can be hella fast.. but every time I see a fox body minus a few clean ones, they all seem to be beaters driven my mullet wearing drivers.. but then again, that is a trend around here. As of right now, I have yet to lose to anything powered by a 5.0, from the line or otherwise.. I have a lot of them talk crap (see the post about the 14.7 trailered car... i get the same thing)... but they all either get walked or blown away, from a roll or otherwise and I was choosing to believe it was the repair of the engine or the driver and not the car itself because they can be wicked fast.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Re: Anyone took on a 92 Mustang LX 5.0?

Originally posted by WRXreX
    This guy wants to race me in his LX 5.0 and mentioned that he has never lost a race but once. Anyone knows how fast they are in a roll race? BTW, it's an auto and stock.

Thanks guys,
    If he's an AOD and truely stock, then I'd say he has the potential to go mid-high 14s.

However, he may have gears and/or a converter which would put him at the potential of a stock 5-speed, which would be mid-low 14s.

I have a '88 GT 5-speed with the "economy" 2.73 rear gear and all the options (power everything, etc) and went 14.4 on a hot day lifting my foot at the end to avoid a breakout.

Originally posted by WishIHadWRX
    I am willing to bet he isnt stock if hes "never lost a race."
    Or maybe he just chooses his races carefully.

Nobody is that confident in a stock car that IS NOT fast to begin with.
    Or maybe he's underestimating the WRX.

Originally posted by scoobie1
    Mine is an auto, it was pretty slow when I got it...changed out the gears to 3.73's and did some other small mods (cold air, throttle body, pullies, etc) and it woke the car up pretty quick.
    Yeah, the best thing you can do to a stock AOD is put in a converter with a higher stall.

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    Rereading the first post, I noticed you said he's won every time except for one. What was that one against?
    THe first couple years I had mine I won every street race but one - against a GN.

Originally posted by Furious
    It is important to know that while these cars SUCK and should all be destroyed, they are built to go fast in a straight line. Stock, however, you should have no problem taking it out. His VERY LOW redline will do him in.
    Hey..now THAT was a really intelligent response!! Way to be tolerant about other cars! Thansk for insulting any of us who actually happen to like mustangs and their brethren!!
    -Colin

'03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

Originally posted by Furious
    Boo, hiss. I loved my blown '94 Mustang GT. Everybody has opinions though, I guess.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.